First Impressions of the K100

Ok, so it isn't mine....but, my buddy is in the process of moving, and had his K100 kit shipped to my home. Then told me to charge the batteries and check it out. He probably MEANT for me to inspect the unit for defects....but (thankfully for me), the English language can be twisted to one's advantage if expressed with any hint of ambiguity, and especially so if put in writing....such as a text message!!!! :lol:Build Quality: Out of the mailbox, the first thing I noticed was how heavy the package was. Initially, I assumed it was the batteries and charger making up the weight. Nope....this mod is SOLID! For a guy who's only seen a couple mods in person, and held an Evic once, the sheer solidity of this Chinese-built mod completely took me by surprise. The threading is smooth, and holds well. The bottom firing button has a good tension, allowing the user to fire the unit with ease, yet does not depress when stood on end....even in 18650 mode with a full tank attached. The reverse-thread locking ring is a nice feature, and is fairly easy to get used to. However, it does stick if turned too hard in unlock mode. My only complaint with the build is the use of a plastic seat on top of the battery spring. I believe it would be a better idea to use a hot-spring rather than the plastic seat. Especially as this mod is being marketed as a "My First Mod" type kit for Vapers new to the world of mods. Performance: The K100 performs well right out of the box. For those using eGo-type units, this is a great step up. Users are strongly advised to upgrade the included batteries to better IMRs, upgrade the charger, and rely on other delivery systems than the included cartomizers. Outside of that, there is not a complaint to be had in this department. Fit and Finish: Perhaps the only aspect of the K100 that would put me off from buying one for myself would be in the looks department. In pictures, the unit looks clunky, and hard to hold in the hand. Honestly, it does not look near as bad in person. It feels comfortable, and natural in the hand. Especially in 18350 mode. However, it looks like something I'd find in my girlfriend's nightstand drawer. :lol: If you can get past the "Ribbed for Her Pleasure" look to the K100, properly research the use of mechanical mods (possibly investing in a mod fuse), and upgrade the batteries and charger then this mod is a great buy!!! I cannot think of any reason not to...for your first mod, or to add to your collection.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines