My first chance to sing the prasies of the e-cigarette

(I really do know how to spell "praises"...apparently the memo got lost between my brain and my fingers!)

This afternoon, I had a meeting with a new co-worker to go over an explanation of what her work duties are going to be, etc. 30 minutes into it, she just happened to mention that she and her husband both smoke and need to quit but have tried many times and failed. What a perfect setup!! I grabbed my e-cig from the side of my desk and started telling her all about it.

She was very interested, asked a lot of questions and was anxious to get home to tell her husband. I think what really sold her was when I showed her the 4 drawers of e-juices I have! :D I gave her a business card for a nearby e-cig store that I go to a lot. I think I'll find a way to bring it up to her again when she starts working here.

Funny thing too, I knew she smoked the second she walked in, there might as well have been a cloud around her as strong as the smoke smell was. I just can not believe I used to smell like that!! The smell even lingered in the chair she sat it, I smelled it over an hour later!!

Edited by Lyrical

She seemed serious. She said she'd been seeing the Blu brand disposables at the gas station and always thought of picking one of those up to try... I explained about getting a *real* setup for much better results and I think she understood. I've got another friend that has tried the gas station brand and after one said that "they don't work" for her. Argghh!

And just to burst my bubble a bit...I just had a conversation with another co-worker that quit smoking in January. I thought it'd be somewhat of a "bonding experience" ha ha to tell him that I had quit too and hey look, this is what I do now... But no...I got the feeling from him that he didn't think I *really* quit smoking because I use e-cigarettes. Geez... :wallbash:

Why oh why can't others just be thrilled for us!

We are happy for those who switch from caffenated to decaff coffee/beverages. (an alternative)

We are happy for those who switch from regular to diet soda. (an alternative)

We are happy for those who switch from ice cream to yogurt.

We are happy for those who switch from fried to baked. (think Oprah and her tater chips).

Yet, we vapers seem to always run across folks who yell "UMMMM!! She's still eating chips!!!! " Sh'es still drinking coffee!!

Those downer type of critical people will forever haunt the happy corridors of life. They are sometimes ignorant, sometimes uninformed, sometimes S&M, .... whatever their particular reason, they have it and it's up to us to smile and say "I'm standing here smiling, because I'm totally okay with you being an idiot". (my favorite quote from Canadian Dirtbaggers).