Squonking

So about 2 weeks ago I purchased 2 Reo Grands. I have only tried one of them, but for the life of me I can't get it to "squonk" easily. I have to apply a lot of force to get any eliquid to the well. I am totally bummed out, so much so I went and bought a pack of smokes. All I have ever heard is how much of a joy a Reo is to use, but my experience doesn't mirror that.

Anybody have any ideas on why I am having such a difficult time?

Had to Google that one ,never heard of a Reo Grand.Bottom feeders never really seemed to catch on,probably for the same reason .Squonk is a new term for me.I guess that would be that art of squeezing the liquid up into the atty.Looks like you could just use a Vivi Nova on there and forget about the "squonking",I think you will be way happier with that.

Edited by mcquinn

I have and love(d) my Reo Grand! I don't use it much since switching to the genesis rebuildable atty's, but it would still be my favorite out of all the ways and means used before the genny discovery.

The rubbery plastic bottles have a soft spot. Take it out of the Reo, empty the bottle into another bottle, then play with the empty bottle until you find that soft spot. Mark it somehow, (sticker or something) and make sure the soft spot is facing the squonk hole after you refill and put it back into the Reo.

Some bottles are harder than others period. I don't know why.

Try to master the blind squonk too. The blind squonk comes in handy for every type of delivery system from Reo's to Genesis.

Don't fire the button, just suck gently until you feel a difference in the pull. You'll probably flood it a few times or more until you learn the feel, just keep practicing. (low nic or 0nic is handy for that).

There is also the Chalise and the Era that are rebuildable bottom feeder attys that everybody seems to love.

Good luck to ya, and hang in there! Try a different bottle, one that's easy to find the soft spot with. I like to buy juices from Pink Spot Vapor because they have easy to squeeze bottles that fit right into the Reo Grand, and is so easy to change out. (this may vary, with their order purchases, but so far so good). Plus the juice is great in the Reo with a Cisco LR 1.5 atty.