Smoktech R-Tank Rebuildable Atomizer

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine this week. I am a vivi nova user, but I was intrieged by the way the rebuidable coil is mounted on top. So far it's working great. Tons of vapor and good tast. For someone who wants to rebuild their own coils, it looks promising. I need to use it longer to form a better opinion. So far, the quality of the tank doesn't compare to the vivi nova and refilling could be made easier. It's made to refill with a syringe, but I've been unscrewing the bottom to fill it. i think with a few changes they could have a winner.

• 4 weeks later...

The jury is still out on these for me.

I've had two - the first one had a problem with the top cap threading, and Smoktek replaced it for me free of charge on good faith that I'd mail back the defective one - which I did. The second one has good threading, but the O-ring at the base of the top cap threads is... frayed... at one point and will break at some point. No extra rings were provided.

As for how it vapes - keep in mind that I vape 100% VG liquids

I've had to drill out the wick holes to a larger size and leave the little silicone plug for the fill hole removed to get it to wick properly - these mods, combined with the "Genesis tilt" when using it, results in a decent vaping experience.

The supplied wicks/coils are pretty bad. The coils are always wound too tight around the wick, making the juice unable to wick to the center of the coil. Burny city. You have to try to loosen the coil a bit so the wick isn't pinched, but this is very difficult to do without breaking the extremely fragile kanthal coil wire. I would suspect making your own coils from scratch would be preferable once you get the hang of it.

I'm able to vape it at about 7.0 - 7.5 watts on my Vamo before it tastes burnt at the end of each hit.

For me, it's a usable silica wick RBA that is a stopgap for now until my AGA Tiamat Plus steel mesh-style RBA arrives.

Props to Smoktek for the good service though.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines