Aeros

Whilst looking up the Ryanair devices, I came across:

http://aerosinfo.com/index2.cfm

I note the statement about "dangerous glycerin mist" - I wonder if e-cig vendors are aware of this marketing?

Hi Prof!

Fancy finding you here Sir! The claims made are laughable really, aren't they? I wonder if they got their information from questionable sources, such as the "dubious" scare-mongering videos off of youtube!!! lol :D

Lovely to see you here anyway... that's brought a big smile to my face :)

Hi Prof!

Fancy finding you here Sir! The claims made are laughable really, aren't they? I wonder if they got their information from questionable sources, such as the "dubious" scare-mongering videos off of youtube!!! lol :D

Lovely to see you here anyway... that's brought a big smile to my face :)

LOL - yes I get around - nice to see you here too! But re the above: don't the US have advertising standards?

But re the above: don't the US have advertising standards?

Lol! I reckon... but only if the profits of the "higher powers" that be aren't being negatively impacted by the marketing, or that public safety doesn't become a real issue, sir! One only has to look at how many adverts there are out there (UK included) with all manner of outlandish claims that are simply a complete and utter nonsense; like... "Mr Musleator... This device can pack 50 rock-solid-pounds of muscle onto your frame in just 3 days!". Er, yeah... right! lol! By creating a climate of fear, I suppose people can be manipulated into buying a product that is no more or less safe than its competitors. I'd sack the marketing people though! lol! If they were going to pick on an ingredient, glycerin was one of the least worrisome to choose (as a number of tests have now picked up that acrolein production isn't likley to be an issue either). It says plenty about the research that went into making these statements, doesn't it!?! he-he-he

'tis lovely to know that you are around Prof; you forum "tramp" you! ;)

All the very best to you sir

:jump:

The claims made are laughable really, aren't they? I wonder if they got their information from questionable sources, such as the "dubious" scare-mongering videos off of youtube!

I researched e-Cigs for several weeks before switching. The only thing negative I found were a handful of news stories mostly from British sources. What are the "dubious scare-mongering videos" on YouTube that you speak of? I would like to see them to better prepare a counter-argument to their claims.

Aeros look a lot like the Favor cigarettes I used in the early 80's. A tube with a small sponge of flavor and nicotine.

The flavor was so light that I bet a straw and a tick tack glued to the end would do the same. Well actually, the tick tack might have given more flavor come to think about it. :rolleyes2:

But seriously...what is it?

They only saw what it is not.

It doesn't have "harmful" glycerin vapor...but they don't say what the vapor is.

I don;t want one...I just want to know whats behind the curtain.

Edited by Fenwick

But seriously...what is it?

They only saw what it is not.

It doesn't have "harmful" glycerin vapor...but they don't say what the vapor is.

I don;t want one...I just want to know whats behind the curtain.

Probably just Frank Morgan behind the curtain. I used a product similar to Aeros in the mid eighties. They produced no visible vapor and we used them in class without the Teacher knowing what we were doing, we took off the filter looking sticker on the end and it looked like a short pen. I think that drawn air passes thru a "filter" impregnated with nicotine and flavor and you simply inhale the fumes from it.

Edited by TheSmokingMan