I Think It's Time To Pick Up A Mod

So i think i'm ready for my 1st mod. I love my ego-c twist batt's but they are quite long and slender, and i knock them over all the time. Set 'em sideways and the just keep rollin, rollin, rollin. Obv they'd serve as a stellar backup/secondary device but i'm thinkin it may be time to pick up my 1st mod. Here's sorta what i'm lookin for

1. Vapetime - most important to me by far, i'd like i device that lasts 24 hours or more running around 4 volts

2. variable voltage - i like control, who doesn't. Don't need it to go real high tho, i usually lurk between 3.7-4.2

2. size - i prefer low profile for work, something hopefully shorter than my 1000mah ego c twist (4.75") but thicker so it doesn't fall over every time i breath on it lol

3. looks - i like the stainless steel look, but prefer a surface that isn't a fingerprint magnet. Something that'll look good w/ 5ml carto tanks, but would also like it to work with my vision v2 clearo's

4. Features - I'd like to be able to easily read the voltage and ohms, but other than that I don't care much for fancy features, error codes, and all the hoopla. I prefer simple features and a device the just works. period.

I know Provari is gonna be suggested a ton but I just can't justify throwin that much cash down, and I really am not into all the extra features. I know i'd love it, and i know the device is solid. I'd like to see what else is out there. What do you all suggest, lavatube/lambo? Silver bullet? Other mod i'm not aware of? Would like to keep the device, batteries and charger at or around $100.

This is also just a post to see what all else is out there that i'm not aware of yet. Thanks in advance!

The lavatube would be the answer to almost everything you want - except for the size. It is taller than the eGo 1000 mah.

The silver bullet would only be one voltage and it also is taller than the eGo 1000 mah.

how tall is the full size lavatube? I'd be fine w/ it being the same size as a standard ego 1000mah, but the ego-c twitst 1000mah is just too long at 4.75"

Didn't realize silver bullet was 1 voltage, what does it run at?

not sure exact size of lavatube but it is one solid mod. it is large and heavy! im asking my friend to measure his so ill get back with that, and as for the silver bullet i believe its a 3.7v device but you can get a kick for it and make it v v. only downside is you have to unscrew the bottom and get a screwdriver to change the voltage, but the lavatube is a beast!

I agree with the others. i love my LavaTube, it's very simple to use & are very reasonably priced.

With a Rebuildable Atty you can make a 3.7 a Low/med/or High resistance depending on how many wraps you use on the coil. In a way, they are "vv". Here's a pic of my black Silver Bullet with a DiD (rebuildable atty with SS tank)

DIDonBSBcr.jpg

and here's the DiD on my Mark's Mod:

mmDID.jpg

You can also get a kick to place inside your Reo Grand if you have one, which is a real kicker!

Edited by Uma

The two mods that I love most that is variable voltage are the Lava Tube and Buzz Pro. My favorite set up is the lava Tube with a gogo cart at 4.2 volts to 4.5 volts- great long lasting vaping. I also love the gogo mod itself with a gogo cart.

Nice lookin setups! Do you have the full size or mini lava tube? I read the full size gets 24+hrs around 3.7volts, i wonder how much the mini gets? Anyone have one?

I have a full size and a mini lava tube. My full size measure just a hair under 5 inches and my mini measures 3 3/4 inches. I bought them to use at a higher voltage, so have never used them at 3.7 - however at 4.5 to 5.0, I'm getting around 18 hours of useage time on the full size. The mini doesn't last very long for me. Again, I'm using it at 4.5 to 5.0 and only getting about 3, maybe 4 hours of useage time. These are estimated times. One thing to consider is how much and how heavy you vape. If I'm sitting here at the computer, I tend to chain vape - which means I go through batteries faster.

I don't mean to disagree with anyone else's opinion, but in my opinion, the lava tube is not heavy, it's fairly lightweight. The silver bullet is a heavyweight and I hear the Provari is even heavier than the silver bullet. I don't have a Provari - yet.

dang nana you must lift weights! i mean its not heavy like i cant pick it up but compared to my ego twist... it is. i am one of the few who actually like the heavier devices. but you are the first ive heard call the lavatube fairly lightweight! lol

Edited by kgoallthewaygo

Nice lookin setups! Do you have the full size or mini lava tube? I read the full size gets 24+hrs around 3.7volts, i wonder how much the mini gets? Anyone have one?

I have the full size. I've run mine at 4.2 with a 3.0 carto tank and it lasts a good 8 or more hours.

I now have the DiD and will run it at whatever my atty wrap happens to prefer atm.

LavaTube with DID

LTwDiD.jpg

Nice, does anyone have a Saber Touch VV? Looks pretty compact

What about a helix? I read one of those can last for days, gotta admit that sounds nice, even if it's not vv, if it's a regulated 3.7 it might get the job done for me.

dang nana you must lift weights! i mean its not heavy like i cant pick it up but compared to my ego twist... it is. i am one of the few who actually like the heavier devices. but you are the first ive heard call the lavatube fairly lightweight! lol

:hope: Not exactly. LOL I just have heavier devices. Okay, I weighed them to show you the difference. Here goes...the eGo 650 mah is 1.5 oz; the eGo 1000 mah is 1.8 oz; the mini lava tube is 2.4 oz; the lava tube is 3.5 oz.; the mark's mod is 3.6 oz; the provape is 4.0 oz; the Ali'i is 5.2 oz; and the reo grand is 6.1 oz. These weights are all with batteries and LR 510 attys and the eGos with the cones. {I don't have my silver bullet here so can't weigh it, but I know it's one of the heavier ones. I don't have an eGo twist yet, so don't know it's weight} So, as you can see, since I'm used to using the heavier devices, the lava tube feels like a bit of a lightweight to me.