Dct Carto Not Firing

So i'm trying out a DCT setup to cut down on how often i have to fill my devices. Seemed to be working great, I enlarged the prepunched hole a bit with a nail and hammer, couple taps and the hole is much bigger without compromising the shape of the carto and it still fits into the tank perfectly.

It was vaping like a champ and all of the sudden it stopped firing. It's 1.5 ohm dc carto, I was running it around 3.6-3.8 v on my ego-c twist and all the sudden it just stopped. Tried cranking down the voltage to 3.2 and still nothing. Other cartos work fine so it's not the bat. I tried holding the buttonf or about 5 seconds but nothing. It's a brand new carto as i just filled it yesterday.

I've been taking an unpowered puff or two before i vape to ensure there's enough juice feeding in, could i have flooded it? I don't hear any gurgling...

Any suggestions?

well i never had a problem using pg with the pre punched holes. but with vg i deff had to make a bigger hole. and i wouldnt recommend a hammer and nail. not alot of finesse. you prob either damaged something indside the carto. i got a 1/4" saddle valve from lowes for $4 and it gives you the control you need to just punch the skin and not go any further. i once went too far with the saddle valve and it did what ur goin thru now. so id say go to lowes or your local hardware store and grab a 1/4" saddle valve. and when your punching it go slow and listen for the snap and then maybe go one more turn... i havent had a prob since that first one...

The nail was pretty thick, so it didn't go very deep, and since the carto was prepunched, it almost acted as a guide. I figured at worst i mighta punched through some of the filler. Even if i damaged one of the wires i'd still at least be able to hear it fire wouldnt i?

The juice is 75/25 and the first carto i tried w/o enlarging the whole and it ran dry and ended up burning the filler. Don't have any problems w/ Hype which is all or mostly PG, but most of my other juices are 75/25 or 50/50. Trying to avoid picking up a punch as i've read about plenty of other problems with those.

Grrrr. Hassle makes me cranky.

hmm... not sure then. only thing i can think is the force of the shock when u struck the nail with the hammer jarred a connection some where. and as for the saddle valve, since the first one that i went too far with i have never had an issue. maybe check madvapes, they have triple punched cartos for the dct

If the coils are lengthwise you could have hit one with the nail and then all the current would go through the other.I have not used a dual coil but I would guess they use smaller wire to get the correct combined resistance and all the current through one coil could cause it to burn up.A continuity tester or ohm meter would verify this.

Edited by mcquinn

things like that, that make you wanna scream! lol guess i was so focused on the aspect of the hammer n nail i didnt even think to ask that. cuz when i have my dct on my twist and i move it to my kgo i have to pull the pin...glad its working now!

Haha i know, I even thought about it at first but was like 'nawww' that can't be it, i've never had that problem. I did just pick up a kgo battery recently tho so good to know others have that happen. Time to add a mini screwdriver to my on-the-go case.

Now that it's actually worked for more than a couple hours, i really do like the VTF i get outta these DCT tanks, and filling once every couple days is a huge plus! I just give an unpowered puff every now and then and it stays saturated, even when chain vaping.

i chain vape these all day everyday! and they havent let me down! although i got a pack of 5, 1.5ohm cartos from smoktek and i went to change one of em and go to throw it on my kgo, and THE THREADS ARE TOO SMALL! :wallbash: it fits on my twist but i cant swap em out! i think there is one more that looks to be an ego only... i never looked at the bottom of my cartos before but best believe i am now! has anyone had this happen?

LOL.. I can't believe you enlarged the hole with a nail and hammer, I wanted to but never had the guts to do it! Anyways, still this problem of yours danpio puzzles me. You earlier said that you were vaping like a champ and suddenly it stopped firing.. you also tried using other cartos, so it's not definitely the batteries. My guess is that somehow you damaged the carto. Arghh, my head hurts, can't think of anything else atm! :wallbash:

Haven't had that threads problem kgo and i too have both joye ego and a kgo type battery.

jenkins i think my post just needed to be pulled, it's workin great now. I was a bit nervous w/ the nail and hammer, but 2 things make it work supringsly well. 1) the prepunched hole acts as a guide for the nail. 2) i only gave it 2 or 3 light taps, by no means was i whackin the thing lol. Seemed to be just enough to enlarge the hole to a perfect size without compromising the shape of the carto and having it get stuck in the tank.

2) i only gave it 2 or 3 light taps, by no means was i whackin the thing lol. Seemed to be just enough to enlarge the hole to a perfect size without compromising the shape of the carto and having it get stuck in the tank.

Lol. I know...it's just that I'm not so good with the hammer control(brings back too many pleasant memories :evil: ). I usually use electric drills if i ever want to enlargen holes. Anyways, I'm glad you got through with it..! Let's vape to that!