New Here, Have Questions

mimi

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and new to e cigs. I have a couple of questions.

1. Would you reccomend straight dripping vs. carts to first time users in a new 510 or would you start by using carts until it is broken in?

2. Any Menthol smokers out there and if so, I would appreciate your info on the best tasting menthol juice.

Thanks

I am a new 510 user and I have been using the carts. I top them off after some use to keep them fresh and vaping strong. I have yet to venture into dripping because the carts seem to work well so far.

From my reading it seems the Vapor Talk Mentha is a very highly recommended menthol juice. You can pick it up at http://www.dietsmokes.com/ It comes in 16mg or 24mg nic level.

Ive got 2 510's on the way. One for me and one for my wife. We have been sharing a 4081 with 3 batteries and 3 atomizers. I burned through 1 atomizer on the second day. I think it got too hot because I took it apart and a wire was fried. I hoping to be very happy and impresssed with the 510. What is your guys take on the 4081 vs the 510? Everywhere I looked so far sais the 510 blows the 4081 away, and thats why I bought them. Thanks.

--Jason--

I've been vaping now for seven months, and I have two relevant observations:

1st: I don't like using the carts. I tried them for the first few weeks of vaping but got tired of pulling them out, cleaning them, re-stuffing them, etc. But my main gripe is taste. I like to vape different flavors throughout the day. With carts, you have to keep track of which cart is for which flavor or risk mixing two (or more) flavors together that nature never intended and make you feel like barfing. :thumbsdown:

With dripping, you're only committed to one flavor for as long as it takes to vape off all the juice. No carts to wash, no cart fiber to burn up on the atomizer by accident and fill your mouth with toxic waste. :thumbsdown: Consclusion: I'm solidly in the dripping camp.

2nd: As for models, the 510 just seems to work the best for most people transitioning off analogs. But you can't speak in absolutes; some people like the new 901's with the manual batteries just as much. Others like the penstyles, or the Janty Stick. The newest trend seems to be pairing existing atomizers from proven vaporizer models (901, 510, RN-4072, DSE-801) with a better battery, which many say dramatically improves results. (See the latest video reviews from Chris and Sean :pc: ). But if you're just starting out, the 510 is a great choice. I wish it had been mine.

Jiffy is correct the VT Mentha is excellent, I have tried two other menthol flavors and they are good also. One was from Vaporkings, which comes in 11mg 16mg and 24mg, the other was from Truesmoker, which only comes in 18mg.

There is also a site that sells menthol crystals and liquid JuicyLiquid.com. I would only suggest using this if the regular flavors don't quite do it for you.

Edited by MunkusBFunky

Jiffy is correct the VT Mentha is excellent, I have tried two other menthol flavors and they are good also. One was from Vaporkings, which comes in 11mg 16mg and 24mg, the other was from Truesmoker, which only comes in 18mg.

There is also a site that sells menthol crystals and liquid JuicyLiquid.com. I would only suggest using this if the regular flavors don't quite do it for you.

Doesn't dripping make you go through atomizers quicker? I used the drip technique on one of my atomizers for this first 4081 kit I have. Burnt out the atomizer in 2 days. I was doing a constant drip too. Like 3 drops every 5 puffs or so. What about the 4081 though. I have these 510's (2 of them) coming in on Monday in hopes of being thouroghly impressed and them putting the 4081 to shame. Because I definetly need more than what the 4081 offers. Alot more. thanks for you input.

I've been vaping now for seven months, and I have two relevant observations:

1st: I don't like using the carts. I tried them for the first few weeks of vaping but got tired of pulling them out, cleaning them, re-stuffing them, etc. But my main gripe is taste. I like to vape different flavors throughout the day. With carts, you have to keep track of which cart is for which flavor or risk mixing two (or more) flavors together that nature never intended and make you feel like barfing. :thumbsdown:

With dripping, you're only committed to one flavor for as long as it takes to vape off all the juice. No carts to wash, no cart fiber to burn up on the atomizer by accident and fill your mouth with toxic waste. :thumbsdown: Consclusion: I'm solidly in the dripping camp.

2nd: As for models, the 510 just seems to work the best for most people transitioning off analogs. But you can't speak in absolutes; some people like the new 901's with the manual batteries just as much. Others like the penstyles, or the Janty Stick. The newest trend seems to be pairing existing atomizers from proven vaporizer models (901, 510, RN-4072, DSE-801) with a better battery, which many say dramatically improves results. (See the latest video reviews from Chris and Sean :pc: ). But if you're just starting out, the 510 is a great choice. I wish it had been mine.

oops meant to put this as a reply to darth

Doesn't dripping make you go through atomizers quicker? I used the drip technique on one of my atomizers for this first 4081 kit I have. Burnt out the atomizer in 2 days. I was doing a constant drip too. Like 3 drops every 5 puffs or so. What about the 4081 though. I have these 510's (2 of them) coming in on Monday in hopes of being thouroghly impressed and them putting the 4081 to shame. Because I definetly need more than what the 4081 offers. Alot more. thanks for you input.

--Jason--

Doesn't dripping make you go through atomizers quicker?

I've been dripping for many months on the 510 and go through an atomizer every four to five weeks, without fail. I have no evidence to lead me to believe direct dripping burns through atomizers quicker.

As a pointer, remember to always keep the atomizer wet and don't let it heat up so much that it gets too hot to touch.

Direct dripping is the method that I started out with the first week. I opened a cart for my DSE901 just to see what the hub bub was all about. The cart didn't last very long maybe an hour so I went back to dripping. Drip, Vape, Repeat...

As for dripping burning out your atomizers, I don't know if that has been my problem or not. I burnt out my first atomizer 9 days after I got it. I think it was the battery that did it though. I bought some spare batteries from TotallyWickedE-Liquid.com and I have had problems with two of the five in the pack. They are automatic batteries and two of them have stuck in the on position, probably from over dripping. The second atomizer burnt out last night after 7 days of use in my DSE901. I vape constantly and I use the DSE901 the most. I really don't know why the second one burnt out, it was working fine and then no vapor.

I have a Titan 510 with manual batteries, I am one of the few that doesn't like it. It gives great vapor production and flavor, I just couldn't get the hang of the manual battery and I didn't like the hard round mouthpiece. I like the mouthpiece on the DSE901 the best, although the softer mouthpiece on my DSE801 feels good too.

We just got our 510's and it took a while to break in one of the attys. But now Im cheefin like a dragon, and am a very happy mofo. Filling the carts are working just fine for me. I did drip once, but with the carts I dont have to fill so much. I definetly am putting a slight drop every cart to keep things lubed. I am so happy the 510. :punk:

--Jason--

We just got our 510's and it took a while to break in one of the attys. But now Im cheefin like a dragon, and am a very happy mofo. Filling the carts are working just fine for me. I did drip once, but with the carts I dont have to fill so much. I definetly am putting a slight drop every cart to keep things lubed. I am so happy the 510. :punk:

--Jason--

The 901 carts will fit (if a bit tightly) a 510/Titan atomiser.

The 901 carts will fit (if a bit tightly) a 510/Titan atomiser.

Coo, thanks. Is that the cart where the mouthpiece shrinks at the end to a rectangular tip? Almost like what you see on some of the mini tobac cigars?

--Jason--

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I'd have known that before I gave my 510 away.

Hey smokingman, have you tried a 510 atty on your vp 2 yet? I remember you tellin me how bichin it was and wass curious if you have compare the 901 to 510 atty on it.

--Jason--

Hey smokingman, have you tried a 510 atty on your vp 2 yet? I remember you tellin me how bichin it was and wass curious if you have compare the 901 to 510 atty on it.

--Jason--

Hey, Jason!

Sorry it took so long to answer this post, I've been, well, in a ****e storm for the past few weeks.

in answer to your question about the VP2. I have tried the 901 atty on the mod and it worked better than it did on the little batteries that it is designed to work with. The vapor was a little better and the flavor/throat hit a little better. But the 801 atty out performed it on the VP2. Then I got an order of 801LB (Low Bridge) attys and these things vape like a freaking freight train. Much more than an analogue. I'm surprised someone hasn't thrown a bucket of water on me thinking I was on fire. I haven't tried the 510 on the VP2 for two reasons, #1 I don't have an adapter for a 510 and #2 I gave all of my 510 stuff to an employee that wanted to try vaping. three months later he still says that he is waiting until he is ready so he can really commit himself to it, which is a load of crap, he's just skeert!