Turning A Cartomizer Into A Drip Atty

Ok, so I usually use my 306 atty for dripping, but I've noticed it seems to kill most of the flavor of the juice. Vapor & throat hit are awesome, but I get much more full flavor out of my cartos. I've read several places that you can turn a carto into a drip atty by simply removing the filler material.

The filler material is usually packed in so tight that the center air hole tube comes with it. I'm assuming thats ok, but when it comes out, it seems to pull the wire with it. Is this ok and should i just push the wire back down into the carto and drip away?

I'm sure i'm being overly paranoid, but better safe than sorry!

As always, thanks in advance!

The Boge ones are hard to do as the element is lengthwise and as you pointed out the wire goes through the middle.The horizontal type like the SLB's are pretty easy to pull it out .They will leak pretty easy as there is nothing to hold the liquid in the vicinity of the element though.

Gotcha, maybe I should just stick to the 306's for dripping. Twelve, i'm using the standard joyetech ones. I think it might have muted flavor b/c i've dripped 5 or 6 different flavors in it to try them out and it's maybe getting gunked up quicker than normal. Not sure.

Some of the tastier liquids seem to me to clog up an atty or carto quicker than others.The price you pay I suppose.Atties and carto's are consumable items meant to be used until they don't work so good then tossed.Some of us have a hard time accepting that and drive ourselves nutz trying to get a few more days from one.