Trustfire Charger, Or Batteries Making Strange Buzzing Noise When Charging

i have the model TR-001 trustfire andthe trustfire Li ion 3.7 18650's, when I charge them they make a strange buzzing/whistling noise. i think they are the batteries or the charger, each battery has a different tone to it, is this normal? It makes me kind of scared to charge them now

So long as no beeping occurs then you are ok I think? The beeping would be counting down like a bomb. Bomb bad.

It may just be the LED? Lightbulbs make buzzy noises sometimes?

i dont think its the bulbs, when i plug the charger in without the batteries theres no buzzing noise. Ive researched a bit and some people have it where it buzzes without the batteries as well. The scary thing is ive also read many occurences where the plugs short and explode or something like that, but there are also others who say the buzzing is normal and nothing has happened to them.

I had one that was doing the same thing and after several weeks of buzzing, i tossed in a set of batteries and it began to smell like burning plastic. The batteries were warm and i sniffed the charger which is what smelled of burny plastic.

I tossed both the batteries and the charger. I had an identical charger as a back up, threw in the new set of batteries and there wasn't that horrible buzzing sound.

Maybe i'm a weenie, but i would rather be safe than sorry. Use your nose and if you are suspicious and feel like you have to watch your charger/batteries like a hawk, then maybe its just time for a new one. I think $12.99 is worth it.

Xx

• 4 months later...