A Reminder Of A 'truth To Remember'

I guess it is pretty much common sense and something we all learned in our younger years, but here is a good tip to remember:

Don't carry a spare mod battery in your pocket with your car keys and key ring!

I am the proud owner of a new Provari, and since the standard 1100mah battery does not last me all day, i always carry my spare battery with me. Over the last couple months i have always been wearing a jacket, so i put the battery in the inside pocket all by itself. Now that the weather is nice and i am not wearing a jacket anymore, I find myself cramming all my 'crap' into my pants pockets. So, today as i headed out to do some shoppng, i tossed my spare IMR 18490 battery into my jeans pocket with my key ring, never thinking another thing about it. So I am walking through the Target store, and suddenly I feel this heat on my leg! I reach into my pocket and find a VERY HOT set of keys and an equally hot battery! Suddenly I am jumping around the store like a fool, trying to get all this stuff out of my pocket and dropping them on the floor! Drew a few stares, but got the offending items out of my pocket with only a small burn on my finger as a result. The cover on the battery melted and there is a mark on one end from where the metal came in contact with it, but i think it still works. Nonetheless, I will be placing an order for a new one as soon as possible!

The moral of the story: Don't forget the stuff we learned in our early years - Metal can complete the circuit on a charged battery and cause all kinds of trouble!

Edited by PADave

Valuable post and a good reminder. Glad your OK and it should keep us alert to battery storage, carry, and potential hazards.

To indlude proper care with laptop and celphone devices as well....indluding never running any of these devices while being charge. Not good.