How To Determine Strength Of Nicotine?

Luv2CUSmile

Okay, since I have to post in Noob area- I hope I can get a response to this

Wondering how to determine Nicotine strength we should order- I am a Menthol Lights smoker now- My intention is to get off Nicotine completely, yet gradually- Also, How will you know if the PG is irritating to you or not... I am not sure I want to order a whole bunch of "juice" and find that the PG is just too strong or makes me swell, throat hurt, etc- Any1?

Thx!

most people like to start at 24mg. but it also smart to start lower and go up from there. i was a smoker for 20 years so i started at 36mg and finding it hard to go down from there. but that's just me :) i have to vape at least 24mg or i feel like having a cigarette.

hope that helps. good luck and welcome to the vaping world!!

Edited by Ofortuna

Wondering how to determine Nicotine strength we should order- I am a Menthol Lights smoker now- My intention is to get off Nicotine completely, yet gradually- Also, How will you know if the PG is irritating to you or not... I am not sure I want to order a whole bunch of "juice" and find that the PG is just too strong or makes me swell, throat hurt, etc- Any1?

Thx!

I guarantee you you will get many replies to this, Noobie or not.

I was a heavy smoker and I started with the 18Mg strength when I ordered my first batch of juice. I found that the 18Mg was not strong enough to satisfy my craving for nicotine. I ordered some 36Mg next and it hit the spot. The third batch I ordered I requested the 24Mg and it is doing fine these past two days. Keep in mind that I was a two and a half pack a day smoker (Carltons). Also keep in mind that nicotine is not the only substance that you are addicted to when smoking analogue cigarettes and it usually takes a higher dose of nicotine to defeat the cravings for all of the other junk in analogues that you are also addicted to.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money at first on juice the order a sampler pack they normally come only in 18Mg strength and give 10 or more flavors in a 3 or 5 Ml bottle. I have found sampler packs at awesomevapor.com, Johnson Creek and eastmall.net. I have ordered from awesomevapor and found them to be great over there. I ordered from Johnson Creek and everything was fine, except the juice is lacking (in my opinion). I haven't ordered from eastmall.net and have reservations because they are in China and who knows how much lead is in that stuff!! (kind of a joke). My advice to you is to shop around for sampler packs and if the 18Mg juice is too high for you then cut it with VG (Vegetable Glycerin) or PG (Propylene Glycol) . VG is available at Michaels, Wal-Mart (no "s") and CVS and PG is available where cake decorating supplies are available, like Wilton products (my wife uses PG in her cake icings).

I am not sure I want to order a whole bunch of "juice" and find that the PG is just too strong or makes me swell, throat hurt, etc- Any1?

Thx!

In addition to sampler packs, you can order small bottles of one flavor like Vapor Talks "Mentha" if you have a problem with the PG then there are supplies that carry VG flavors. You can also DIY (Do It Yourself) by purchasing either PG or VG as a base, purchasing straight nicotine juice (unflavored) and purchasing flavors (extracts) and mixing your own. There is a DIY forum on this site that is open to the public and it should yield a lot of helpful information about mixing your own vaping juice. Your posts are above 5 now, so you should be able to post in all forums on this site

I wish you well and much success with quitting smoking, please don't give up, this site can offer a lot of support if you just ask.

i was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for about 23 years, and the 18mg (16MG with Vapor Talk Juice) is doing me just fine. i actually have some 6mg on the way (to mix with the same flavor i already have in 18mg, to cut it down a bit). i was a chain smoker, and that hasn't changed yet with vaping... so i decided to go with the lower nic amount since i plan on vaping similar to how i smoked (meaning a lot and often).

i was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for about 23 years, and the 18mg (16MG with Vapor Talk Juice) is doing me just fine. i actually have some 6mg on the way (to mix with the same flavor i already have in 18mg, to cut it down a bit). i was a chain smoker, and that hasn't changed yet with vaping... so i decided to go with the lower nic amount since i plan on vaping similar to how i smoked (meaning a lot and often).

Me too! I have this thing hanging out of my mouth all day long and when I get back to the office I'm wired into the computer on a pass-thru. I go thru about 14 batteries in a normal work day for 8am to 5pm and then I just vape all night on the computer. I use about 4-5ml of juice per day. It's still cheaper than $5.49 per pack of cigarettes. There are some here that would call that excessive but that is the way I smoked cigarettes and it's mostly the ritual and not the chemical that I am addicted to.

exactly. that's why i switched right away to the lower nic juice. my first 10ml bottle lasted me about 4-5 days. same as a carton. but i was also feeling the nic big time (like caffeine jitters). i figured if i cut back on the nic i can vape more without the nic-jitters.

i too am ripping through batteries at a wicked pace, lol.

Edited by Stirfry

I started one Nic level above what I smoked so i went with medium for the first week, now I am Vaping low strength and its fine I want to lower it some more cause I vape more often than I smoke since it wont go out..LOL..and I dont have to go outside anymore just drip and go anytime.....

Thx!

I was Marlboro Menthol Lights. I've been vaping for 2.5 weeks. I started at 24 mg but maybe I should have started lower. My biggest addiction is the mental, though I do get antsy after an hour or two from lack of nicotine. My goal is to get to zero and maybe I live with the mental addiction forever. Bars, parties gatherings with alcohol I plan on having this with me. I've gone from 24 to a mix of 24 and 18. No probs so far, just watch out for simply increasing your vaping to make up for it. I really try to stick to a "cigarette" worth of smoking and stopping. I have a party this weekend and I'm going packing with 0mg and my mix. Fresh cartridge in my stick and I want to see if I even start getting weird without the nicotine. I bet I don't. The problem with alcohol is I chain smoke (mental addiction). So if I get withdrawal symptoms, I'll drip some mix with nicotine and try it again. I figure each week I'll cut down the nicotine and try to get to 0. I'm trying all sorts of flavors, vaportalk mentha is my staple. Janty polar mint is a dessert like treat, I like awesomevapor menthol and just tried wet your stick, all very nice but slightly different. Hope this helps, good luck to you.

As far as VG and PG, I think you'll know pretty quickly if it's an issue and I believe the allergies are "light".

Thx guys! Greatt responses- I appreciate all the feedback.

I am going to browse a few liquid sites to choose some flavors and strengths- I will check out the DIY section another time- Not sure if I want to get that deep. LOL Hopefully the liquid available will be fine in some form- Now, Just to find a site w/ good CS, ship time, and quality product- Thx