Anyone Prefer The Clear Carto's?

maverick

Don't wish to make this a carto specific thread and would rather discuss the clear aspects in general. Received my first clear/plastic cartomiser in dual carto form. Ran one these with my favorite juice in a 3.7 18500 mod device and it seemed to last forever. Not to mention the obvious advantage for filling.

Running clear 1.7 Ressurectors presently and they seem to run longer, hit cooler, and really liking the visual filler material for saturation confirmation. Love the stainless and black for looks on the Ego (and mods) but for all practical purpose, and sacrifice for looks......it seems the clear cartos perform better?

Use the condom method for original fill on the black and stainless, and even with repeated condom fills, these do not perform as well as the clear ones filled with Luer Cap bottle. I think the filler is better on the clears and the plastic creates a nicer/cooler draw. Any comments?

I agree maverick, Since I purchased the SmokTech XL Clear Dual Coils and the Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil cartomizers, my black and stainless have been sitting in the boxes pretty much. They taste and hit cleaner for some reason. Last longer too. I got out a couple black and stainless and for some reason, they taste funny now. If you haven't already done so, check out these "bigbore" cones. They allow you to use cones with the XL Clears on eGo type batteries. :)

http://hoosierecigsupply.com/KGO-Cones-Bigbore-HEC019.htm

Great to hear from all, and happy to know others are experiencing the same things. Do have the mega cone in three colors and use them most of the time....especially with the clears. Too funny, chose the clears for part of the 15 pack deal soon as they came available because the clear dual kept going and going while tasting better.

Agree on the fragile tendency as well. One has to be more careful screwing them onto the threading. The glue does not hold as well against the plastic and over tightening could break it lose. Lost one in the very beginning by using too much force on the threading. Black and stainless 1.7's will be used slowly while the clears will be on the increase for purchase.....as Jay alluded to. Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I will be the one to disagree and say I prefer the black ones much better. Simply because the clear ones crack and come apart if you aren't careful with them. This is my experience with the eGo Mega cartos anyway. I have no need for clearos at all anymore!

Edited by DAYVAPE

Was wondering about some of the other clear carts out there. Will have to break the OP statement and clarify with model specific 1.7 Ressurrector. Three times now I have run juice in either the black or stainless and followed with the same juice in the clears. The clear 1.7 definitely taste better, is cooler, and seems to hold more material for juice. Could even be a QC issue whereby the process is more delicate/precise given the plastic construction and they seem to be of better inner construction to the SS or Black. Spoke with CCV yesterday, and though he could not confirm? It was one of those now that you mention it type of things.

Will be ordering more of the clears from now on. Tank is on the way and will be the first crack at that delivery device. But that's another thread.........