Got Some Drip Shield Questions

so christmas is coming up and im asking my wife for a drip shield and a universal drip tip. i will be using it mostly with 510 and possibly a 306. my question is has anybody used this setup and how well does it work? the main reason i went to cartomizers was because i hated leaking with a passion and now that ive started getting into drip shields i think i wanna get back into it. i know the only way to use a shield with a 510 is with an adapter which i already have but theres a slight gap between the adapter and the atomizer even though it doesnt leak out onto your mod/pv isnt there a chance it will still get in between that gap? and also can you put more drops in than you normally would? i usually only drip about 3 drops every time i vape. and one more thing, is there any other place that sells shields aside from empiremods? thanks alot

I only see where other than cosmetic there would be of no benefit of a sheild on a 510.On any atties if you are getting enough liquid acumulation between the threads and the element cup to cause leakage then it is time to blow it out and modify your technique.As long as the bridge and wick that are intended to hold the liquid are in place leakage should not be a problem.

Edited by mcquinn

If you a good 510 to 510 extender, the drip shield will catch the occasional leak that comes from the bottom of a 510. The shields also cool the airflow into the atty and also tighten the draw a bit. See my articles:

http://ukvapers.com/blog/9/entry-231-avid-vaper-drip-shield-and-drip-cone/

And

http://ukvapers.com/blog/9/entry-148-the-empire-drip-shield-part-1/