Pg Vs.vg

Meecha

So, My wife seems to be having some weird stuff happening to he since we have started vaping, like nausea, having a little burning sensation in her sinuses, and headaches. Could this be reactions to the PG? What's the deal with VG? Is it a lot different in quality or what? Is it safer? What's going on should she stop vaping? :wtf:

Might check this out Common vaping symptoms.

If it gets worse she may be allergic to PG, Juicy Liquid, you can get flavorless VG here.

(EDIT)hehe didn't seem to fully answer your question so...

PG is propylene glycol, it is the main ingredient in most E-Liquid.

VG is vegetable glycerin or just know as glycerin, there are a few manufacturers that make this type of E-Liquid. Johnson's Creek is one of these, the reason I didn't link it earlier is I haven't seen many standout reviews of it. That being said, I have never tried the Juicy VG or read a review of it either, just giving you some options.

Edited by MunkusBFunky

NP, Meecha

Definitely let me know I've been wanting to try some myself. :turned:

So we received the reduced PG formula yesterday form Johnson Creek and i didn't care for it at all. My wife seems to like it but it gave me a very intense headache that lasted all day! Not sure if it was due to the 18mg level that the sample pack was only available in (i'm currently using 11mg). All the flavors seemed to taste the same (VERY sweet) and they all smell like caramel corn :wtf: ! Does anyone have any suggestions since this was my FIRST order from JC? I have nothing to compare it to! It does have one hell of a throat hit that's for sure!

Edited by Meecha

Hi Meecha- So far, these are the sites that I've found that carry VG- vermont vapor, juicy liquids, eliquid planet, libertyecig, ecigsmokestore, and liquidxpress. I've only ordered from libertyecig.com, he's got free shipping (if you check the "green" option) and does carry a selection of 10-12 mg. I can't really give you my opinion on quality because I have to cut mine down to around 6 mg. Also, I'm too new to know what a "good" juice is!

Hi Meecha- So far, these are the sites that I've found that carry VG- vermont vapor, juicy liquids, eliquid planet, libertyecig, ecigsmokestore, and liquidxpress. I've only ordered from libertyecig.com, he's got free shipping (if you check the "green" option) and does carry a selection of 10-12 mg. I can't really give you my opinion on quality because I have to cut mine down to around 6 mg. Also, I'm too new to know what a "good" juice is!

So are you using the VG formulas? Do they have a very sweet taste? If you are, do you get a headache?

hmmm, how to answer that... I started with using pg, but the nic content was too high. On day 2 I tried cutting 18 mg down. I didn't know that I needed to be Very careful with handling the nic juice. By day 3 I was sick! tummy troubles, headache, just didn't feel well. I thought it was the pg so I switched to vg. I vaped strictly that for a few days with a very low nic content. After reading some more, and as more posts came up, I started to wonder if I really was having trouble with the pg, or if I was just not careful and got too much juice on my hands. So now, as of about a week, I've been vaping 6mg pg based, and doing fine. I think my symptoms were nic overdose and not pg allergy.

As far as sweet tasting, I was cutting my juice down so much that I was adding Loran's flavorings, so yeah, it was sweeter. But I think in my case, it was not the vg base but the added flavors. (I ordered 10mg from libertyecig, and it was still too high. It was making me dizzy/headachy.)

I think every time that I experienced a headache (looking back), it was always because I was using too high nic content. I got one with both pg and vg, but since I've pretty much gotten my nic level right I haven't had one.

So we received the reduced PG formula yesterday form Johnson Creek and i didn't care for it at all. My wife seems to like it but it gave me a very intense headache that lasted all day! Not sure if it was due to the 18mg level that the sample pack was only available in (i'm currently using 11mg). All the flavors seemed to taste the same (VERY sweet) and they all smell like caramel corn :wtf: ! Does anyone have any suggestions since this was my FIRST order from JC? I have nothing to compare it to! It does have one hell of a throat hit that's for sure!

I just ordered the Johnson Creek sampler last week. I could not freaking stand the stuff. Gross, very disappointed. You might try what I do. I mix up some 50/50 PG & VG then mix in some flavorless nicotine. I havent liked any of the all PG juices that I have tried. It doesnt make me sick or anything it just produces less vapor and is kinda harsh to me , makes me cough.