Cartomizer Trouble On My New Infinity.......help

First let me say I love my new VV Mod But......... Now I'm having Noob problems. What is going on? The infinity does not work with LR Cartomizers so I bought 10 boxes of Boge SR cartomizers. They all burn as soon as I use them. I've dialed down the voltage to 3.7 and it is still burning. What is going on? Let me assure you all I DO KNOW how to fill the cartos and yes they have more than enough liquid. I've even let them sit over nite and top off. They work fine on my eGo and PT but taste like burning metal on my VV. I have a few junk gold thread cartomizers laying around and low and behold they work brilliantly. What the heck am I missing here? I've never had these issues, and to add insult to injury I now have 13 packs of Boge 2.0 , 10 packs of Boge SR and 2 lousy gold thread cartos. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Please Help!

I don't know.... but here's what I think:

I'm bettin' my money you could have a bad unit in your hands... it's happened plenty of times with mods/devices I'm sure. I'd check with the vendor ASAP.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I found this on the NotCigs site: "The Infinity is NOT designed for LR attys , it has a 2 amp max current draw."

I would assume that would also include LR Cartos as well?? I don't know....

I know I'm using SRCartomizers :( It shouldn't be dropping that low and from what I understand if it does it automatically shuts down the PV which it never has and my cartos arent popping either so they can handle the voltage..If I remember Boge SR run around 2.7 not low enough to cause difficulties with the infinity, but deffinately hot running at 5-5.5 volts. New theory could I be burning my juice or scorching something? Since I've only been as high in voltage as the eGo do I need to do something different as I vape? Let the Carto cool off, It does get hot.

I know I'm using SRCartomizers :( It shouldn't be dropping that low and from what I understand if it does it automatically shuts down the PV which it never has and my cartos arent popping either so they can handle the voltage..If I remember Boge SR run around 2.7 not low enough to cause difficulties with the infinity, but deffinately hot running at 5-5.5 volts. New theory could I be burning my juice or scorching something? Since I've only been as high in voltage as the eGo do I need to do something different as I vape? Let the Carto cool off, It does get hot.

Honestly, I don't think you need to vape any differently than normal. As long as your voltage is dialed in for the proper resistance on the carto then all should be fine. Heck, you should be able to set it to around 4v and get the same results as you would using your eGo.... doesn't make sense really. Have you emailed Notcigs to ask them yet? Just curious... how is the draw on it vs. the eGo?

Edited by DAYVAPE

I don't know.... but here's what I think:

I'm bettin' my money you could have a bad unit in your hands... it's happened plenty of times with mods/devices I'm sure. I'd check with the vendor ASAP.

You know, The unit its self seems to work just fine. The voltage seems to go up and down as it should, it hasn't had any glitches as far as I've seen. No miss fires and low grade cartomizers which I assume have higher ohms than Boge SR 2.7 work fine. It's just after a few hits with the fresh but "primed" Boge Carto starts burning my mouth and throat, just like a dry burning Atty would. You know I've only used cartos out of one box, could they be bad cartos?

You know, The unit its self seems to work just fine. The voltage seems to go up and down as it should, it hasn't had any glitches as far as I've seen. No miss fires and low grade cartomizers which I assume have higher ohms than Boge SR 2.7 work fine. It's just after a few hits with the fresh but "primed" Boge Carto starts burning my mouth and throat, just like a dry burning Atty would. You know I've only used cartos out of one box, could they be bad cartos?

I would certainly try multiple cartos from several boxes to find out....

The draw is fantastic, totally adjustable in how tight you make it. I like it fairly loose, it makes fruity flavors explode in my mouth :thumbsup: It really is a fine working PV I just have to dial in the Carto issue

Hi Johns, Yes thank you, So far so good. It seems it was bad Carto after bad Carto. I opened up a few more boxes and no problems as of yet. What a relief!

I think today is going to be much nicer. Boy Yesterday was a try of patients :whistle: I just couldn't get anything to go right. Thank you for your good wishes! Hope all is well with you!

• 2 weeks later...

So..this was happening to me also. I figured out that part of the heating coil was really dry. I to an 18 guage needle and randomly poked it down in the filling to allow the juice to really sink in. Problem solved!.

burning my mouth and throat

That is what is happening to me when I use my eGo LR Tank type B. the juice burns my mouth and throat. I use the same juice in my regular eGo tank atty and it is fine. I am no longer going to buy the 2ml eGo lr Tank Atty's.