How To Get Cartomizers Going?

Hello Friends,

I have been rocking a LR carto for the past few weeks at work and it has been great. So I ordered some more from a few different vendors but I am having trouble getting them going. I pulled one out, removed the cap and dripped about 15 drops and tried to get it going, but it was tasting very harsh and producing barely any vapor. So I pulled another one out from the 5-pack of the other vendor, dripped about 15 drops after removing the cap, and same exact thing. I tried putting a drop into the center channel in both Cartomizers just to get it going but it still didn't help. I tried firing them both for several 10-second or 15-second cycles to maybe clear any excess out but that doesn't seem to be helping.

Both Cartomizers are firing for sure, but it is tasting very harsh and burnt and I am not exhaling much vapor. Any advice for what I should do? I have tried removing the cap and blowing out to remove any excess that may be in the channel and a lot of liquid came out but still not vaping the way it should.

Thanks,

Emile

Oh no, you haven't put in enough juice lol. I suggest using the condom method when filling for the first time "every time"

The condom is the rubber clear end pieces that are protecting your new cartos. Take the smallest one and fill with juice 1/2 way, then take your Carto thread side first and slowly slideback into the condom. You should be able to see the juice come up from the center hole. Once the Carto looks like a slurpy inside let sit for 30 minutes. Look again and top off if needed. Now your ready to use your new cartos. I have also found taking 4 or 5 short puffs helps prime it. It should be ready to rock and roll. Remember a new Carto may take as much as 30 drops to be properly primed.

Thanks, Beans. I have tried the condom method before and I have no problem with it, I just dunno why I didn't do it this time with the new Cartos. So you think I should add even more juice? I thought I had added too much juice, and I even kept adding more and more and trying to vape and vape. I'll try them out again today and see how they vape. I figure they just need to settle for 24 hours or so.

defiantly what he said!!!

i started vaping trying w/ cartos, didnt fill right, tasted like poo, i just fill the clear cap 3/4 w juice and push it up from the threads up, and your done. my LR cartos are lasting me about 3 days each

Thanks for the responses so far. I tried the Cartomizers again this evening and same issue of harsh taste and no vapor, so I just added 15 drops to each Cartomizer via the condom-fill method. This caused both of them to fill up with liquid like crazy !! I am going to let them settle for half an hour and see if there is any change in the way they vape.

I really have to get these to work because I have a pack of Dual Coil 1.5 ohm Cartomizers on the way. I've gotten used to using a Cartomizer at work, it has been extremely practical, flavorful, and seemingly cost-effective if I can just get these damn new ones to work !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Emile

My new ones can take up to 35 drops. Sounds like they are not filled enough. Are they the silver threaded ones or gold? Where di you get them?

Hi Erika, I got some LR Yetis from Altsmoke, some LR 510's from NHaler, and some Boge Standard 510's from Electronic Stix.

I just got home about half an hour ago and both the LR Yeti and the LR NHaler are vaping like garbage still. I will give them more time to settle out until then. I just filled up a Boge Standard Carto from Electronic Stix (same juice) using the condom fill method from the beginning and it's vaping fine! I may have to try a new LR Carto using the condom fill method from the beginning as well.

My Dual Coil Cartos came in the mail today. How many drops do these guys take? They are noticeably longer than regular cartomizers.

Not sure how many because i used the condom fill method. Seems like about twice the reg amount. Don't bother trying to drip fill them. It will just run out the bottom. I would stick with boge for the lr cartos but i am betting after you try the dual coil, you won't go back.

Yeah, thanks Erika, I had to do at least 50 drops. I had to fill the condom with 15-20 drops and do that procedure 3 to 4 times until it finally filled up. The Dual Coil Carto vapes really well but it was very cool and smooth. Using my Big Kazoo (5V) really warms up the flavor and the taste on the inhale. I'm not sure if it's the juice I used, but I get almost no taste on the inhale at 3.7V but lots of vapor, flavor, and some throat hit on the exhale.

Considering how many drips I filled this puppy up with, the Dual Coil Carto seems like a very practical solution for when I'm out and about. Lots of vapor on the exhale, almost as good as dripping with a LR 510 atomizer.

When I'm at home filling up new cartos I much prefer using a syringe to do so. You can poke it in and literally fill from the bottom up... making certain juice is injected all around and saturates the filler. Once you work your way around and up with the needle just stop when it looks like a 'slurpy' on the top... not pooling. Then, when I need to 'top off' throughout the day, I do so while holding carto at an angle and drip down the insides. (try to make sure it doesn't run down the center airway.) Once filler is saturated again you are done... then I simply replace my drip tip and vape away! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I dont use the condom cap method, but definently sounds like you need to put in more.. mine take around 25-30 drops.. I drip down the sides 3 drops at a time (rotate) and let it settle for a few seconds then repeat. For some reason I always end up over filling w/ condom cap method but thats just me.

When I'm at home filling up new cartos I much prefer using a syringe to do so. You can poke it in and literally fill from the bottom up... making certain juice is injected all around and saturates the filler. Once you work your way around and up with the needle just stop when it looks like a 'slurpy' on the top... not pooling. Then, when I need to 'top off' throughout the day, I do so while holding carto at an angle and drip down the insides. (try to make sure it doesn't run down the center airway.) Once filler is saturated again you are done... then I simply replace my drip tip and vape away! :thumbsup:

I prefer filling with a syringe also. I'm using the Smoketech dual coil mega cartos and it would take forever to fill them by dripping. I syringe fill them before I leave for the day and will top them off by dripping every so often. I usually take 5 of them loaded with diff flavors on 5 eGo batts and rotate thru them through out the day. I can't just vape one flavor all day.