Why Hv/mod If There's Lr?

Hi Everyone,

I've been chatting on the forum with some of you on the Forum's Chat, which has been a lot of fun! It seems that a lot of you guys have and use mods quite regularly, and I was wondering, why would somebody go for true high-voltage vaping when there are low resistance atomizers all over the place? I LOVE vaping on my LR 510 Atty, so why would I (or anyone) go with a true high voltage mod? People on the chat have been really helpful with recommendations, but I'm just curious on everyone's take on getting a mod and any other recommendations out there.

Thanks,

Emile

Like DayVape, the battery life is longer and the vaping is so much better. Even better than using a LR on a 3.7 battery. With the batteries used in mods, the voltage is consistent. With 501, ego, tornado, and Riva batteries the power drops as the battery is drained.

Plus, they saw that every juice - and every vaper - has a "sweet spot" where everything just seems to come together. Flavor, throat hit, vapor production. I would really like a variable voltage mod, and for me that would be a Provari, but for now, like you, I am tickled pink with LR cartos.

Question about mod batteries, though. I use the 14500 and a cheap charger I got somewhere. I see the Pila charger discussed, and when I went to look at it, it says it should only be used with Pila batteries. Does anyone else use that charger and is that true?

And do you use the high drain batteries?

Good for you Emile.... it really is totally different than vaping LR on 3.7 volts. At least I can sure tell a difference when going from one to the other. I think you will quickly see what I'm talking about once you vape 5v. It's much warmer, nice to take shorter draws and still plenty of vapor, just all around more power! You'll see... let us know how it goes! :thumbsup:

I stick to the LR atties and eGo batteries because I have many of them. And they work for me. I don't want to fuss around with other batteries and other mods because I don't want to have to switch between them. I like being consistent, even if my eGo batteries aren't quite so near at the end of their drain period. My only exception is my Mark Mod. Love that thing and the love that was put into it.

Hi Emile, this is just me but I didn't like vaping 5volts. too strong. I coughed the whole time. I'm satisfied for right now with a eGo and a lr510 or lr306. I thought I wanted another mod right now but I think that I will wait for the Provari and award myself when my 1 year anniversary comes up. Good present I think. Hope you get what you are looking for.