Newbie Help

khissha

Hi All..

I need some help I smoke less than a pack aday (marlboro menthol lights) sometimes a whole pack depending how stressed the day is..i'am very new to this and don’t know where to start i am looking for something easy to use and as close to the real thing as possible taste wise.. If i choose one with nicotine where should i start?.. Iam willing to spend up to $100.00.

Welcome, I am new to vaping also. I would say a 510 is a great starter vaporizer. You can buy a great kit from the store here.

I dont use mine much anymore because I bought a eGo and like the bigger batteries, but I do keep one charged for the car or as a spare.

Good luck with quitting. Im on week 3, almost 4.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You'll probably want to start at 18mg - maybe 24mg - on the nic level. I wasn't a menthol smoker, but people brag on the mentha flavor from the Vapor Talk store. You might want to try that. I would recommend that you start with an eGo kit also. The eGo is a bit bigger than a regular cigarette, but still fits comfortably in the hand. It has great battery life, too, which is a big bonus over the regular 510 battery which only last an hour or so before needing to be charged again.

Good luck!!

Welcome to Vapor Talk. You'll probably want to start at 18mg - maybe 24mg - on the nic level. I wasn't a menthol smoker, but people brag on the mentha flavor from the Vapor Talk store. You might want to try that. I would recommend that you start with an eGo kit also. The eGo is a bit bigger than a regular cigarette, but still fits comfortably in the hand. It has great battery life, too, which is a big bonus over the regular 510 battery which only last an hour or so before needing to be charged again.

Good luck!!

I did this and it is working great. :thumbsup: Good Luck and welcome.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! I was also a menthol smoker, and started out with plenty of menthol E liquid that now sits in a corner. Nothing will taste the same as your cigarettes, because nothing is on fire! :) menthol helps though! Get a few other flavors to try as well in small sizes. Most vapers do not stick with 'their' flavor of analogs for long even though they think they will. Trying different flavors is part of the fun. I would go with the Joye eGo or a Joye 510. Go eGo for amazingly better battery life! Best of luck!!

The Joye 520 has better battery life than the 510 but nothing like the eGo. You can find flavors close to what you're used to but nothing is exactly the same. I did the same thing and started with Benson & Hedges menthol, then I got curious about the flavors and well I do still add menthol to some of my juices but you will get there. Some folks always vape a tobacco flavor and who cares? It's what they like and they are not smoking. That's the key, find something you enjoy and you will end up the winner.

Hello and welcome to VT, So many choices can make you go crazy. LOL. Everyone here has given you sound advice and have nothing to gain except knowing they did their best for you. You won't go wrong with either choice listed. I will give my vote though for the eGo. Good luck and again WELCOME! :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome to VT! I use the joye eGo 1000mah batt with the Tank and atty. I love it. I also use between 18 mg and 30 mg of nic. the higher the nic the more vapor you get I think. I use to smoke Newport's when I started smoking, but the fiberglass in the tip of the cig gave me nicotine poisoning. I started smoking at the age of 9.( the tobacco got me addicted cause the smell was so nice).and then I quit when I was 39. I started out with the joye 510 and used the extra long life batt. I quickly moved to the Joye eGo and love it. Now if you take a joye eGo and also an atomizer you can drip 3 drops onto the atty and get a much better taste. to me, that is too much dripping to do in a day. I was a heavy smoker and now I vape even more. if you do not like a flavor you bought,you can add some menthol to it and get a great throat hit. I am always mixing juices. Good luck to you.

oh, also some other stuff to think about. get a passthrough, which can be used in a car or at your computer. It charges while you vape. also get a 1000 mah batt for the joye eGo.

Edited by Tagsanstuff

Welcome to the forum. All the above is good advice. If you want to spend $100 or less, I would go with the eGo, some extra attys and sample sizes of juice that you think that you would like. Try a few menthol but other things as well. Nothing, as everyone has said, compares to what you were smoking. It's not the same and never will be.

Hi All..

I need some help I smoke less than a pack aday (marlboro menthol lights) sometimes a whole pack depending how stressed the day is..i'am very new to this and don’t know where to start i am looking for something easy to use and as close to the real thing as possible taste wise.. If i choose one with nicotine where should i start?.. Iam willing to spend up to $100.00.

Hello khissha,

Your post says that, almost everyday you are stressed. Why you are stressed? If it is personal then I don't want to know that. Yes you can start with eGo or 510. These are great to start with.

Thanks everyone for the help.. it looks like i'll br ordering ego basked on everyones advice.. Ordering it today I can't wait for it to get here :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Petersmith- I didn't mean almost everyday i was stressed i meant i smoked more on the days i had more stess nothing major or personal just work and things like that. :hrhr:

I was in the same situation as you except I spent my money before researching. I read the reviews here and finally decided on a Joye Ego and I'm glad I did.