What I Bought!

uplink3r

Okay, I went in deep, and bought TWO e-cigarettes. You guys were all SO helpful it was absurd. The chat here is amazing.

I made two purchases because I got a little caught up, but mostly I'm just sick of my smoker's cough.

The first was from vapor galaxy (is that spam?) Recommended by ma' ryann :-P, my unofficial namesake.

• $37.00 eGo USB/Passthrough kit (
  • _$3.00 Drip Tip
  • _$9.00 PG liquid (15mL)
  • _$7.50 VG Liquid (10mL)
  • _$8.00 Low Resistance Cartomizer (didn't end up buying... dropped at the last minute, because of Bloog).

A DAMN good package for $56!! (I didn't get the cartomizers b/c of bloog). I honestly don't think I could have found a better intro-to-e-cigs kit anywhere with more options or cheaper. Look at ALL the options!!

I also decided to get a bloog. I just went why not, and splurged. I figured out how to give myself a "good" deal, even though they were out of stock on kits (I saved $20 off a MaxxFusion kit). If you look at my previous posts I was VERY opposed to the eGo or anything that didn't resemble a really cigarette - and the bloog seemed to be the best option by far. I don't want to go back to cigarettes, and this thing looks like a more comfortable party item, so...

• $40 Bloog Fusion Starter Kit (NOT MaxXFusion kit)
  • $20 Bloog MaxXFusion Battery
  • $11 Bloog MaxXFusion Cartomizers

Costs $71... very decent deal. It's a smaller-battery automatic e-cig - and seems to be the best by FAR.

From my understanding the Bloog Fusion is a run-of-the-mill KR808. The MaxxFusion is a battery that is all the rage as of late, that lasts roughly FOUR times as long. (People say 808s and 510s last for 45 minutes, and the MaxXFusion is about 3 hours). The Bloog MaxXFusion kits are obnoxiously expensive, and fusion/maxxfusion/kr808 are all compatible. The MaxXFusion are also supposedly some of the only automatic batteries that won't set themselves off, and yet don't require very large drags to get them started (also due to the cartomizers).

The cartomizers, however, are really where it's at with Bloog. They don't need to be "primed", supposedly give a consistent flavor, and can be opened and refilled (although not advertised that way).

It might have been smarter to buy an Joye 510 battery, but (a) it seems to hold a third to a quarter of the charge, (B) has no decent "automatic" option, and © can't use the MaxxFuxion cartomizers. Although the Joye 510 would have been compatible with all eGo stuff - the MaxxFuxion seems to own the show in terms of a cigarette-like experience.

At the end of the day, with coupons, minus the low resistance cartomizers, this cost me about $125... however look what I got!

• Three different types of batteries (Standard KR808, MaxxFusion, and eGo), one automatic, one manual, one average black battery.
  • Options to drip, use cartomizers (on supposedly the best system for them), use normal eGo atomizer+cartridge combo.
  • PG and VG liquids
  • Option to vape straight from USB (eGo battery is USB passthrough and works while charging)

I'm super excited. Mostly I'm looking forward to reviewing this stuff - I'll be reviewing supposedly the premier e-cigarettes on the market right now in terms of quality and remaining compact. I'll try not to regret not getting two different e-cigs - but getting something that'll do the trick is more important to me.

i know nothing about the Bloog, so all i can say is congrats, as for the smokers cough that i do know something about, mine is gone, and no hacking out lung butter in the shower, and lets be totally honest here, there is nothing sexy about coughing during sex... i dont miss that cough at all!

Welcome to the VT Forum. You were in chat last night, right? Glad you got some advice on what to get. The eGo is the way to go. I know that you want a cigarette look but I think that you will find that after a while you will not even associate what you are doing with a cigarette. This is a different world vaping rather than smoking. You still get what you enjoyed about smoking an analog without all that junk that comes with it. Good luck on your journey and keep on vaping. Enjoyed seeing you in chat last night.

Congrats, and you can always get bigger and better batteries with the 808 fitting....you can also have custom mods made with an 808 fitting....Jolly is doing 2 for me now. Just be careful with the cartos, you have to keep them wet or you will get a nasty burnt flavor. I ONLY use cartos and have been using the same ones for a year, my husband too. I have a whole system for cleaning them, like 20 at a time....in the past year we have only had like ten die, total. But you HAVE to get them REALLY clean. If you are on FB you can request me as a friend and I have a private photo album cleaning cartos......some people say to just soak them in hot water, but if you want to be able to have them totally with NO flavor, NO odor, and NO germs you can't just put them in hot water, that won't kill any germ. Anyway, if you are interested, my FB profile is facebook.com/juliery ....just request me as a friend and I will add you to the people allowed to view the album. I just don't have it as a public or "all friends" album because I don't want a million comments from everyone. Unfortunately last year at a HS reunion people were acting like complete jerks about the vaping, calling us names like they were 17 instead of 47....honestly I have never seen such idiocy in my life. At least half the people there were smokers and OMG, the way they carried on about how "stupid" "retarded" "dumb" "***" (sorry don't mean for any of these words to be offensive to others and I don't normally use them this way myself, but honest to God, these are the things that were said to us) "fake smoking"....so many others I can't recall them all. But in general they said we looked ridiculous and it wasn't cool, etc. Anyway, I don't need to have them say those things on comments so I have it private only for my vaping friends. I usually keep the cap off my carto and use a drip tip....that way I can keep topping off the liquid and the carto stays wet until it starts getting too gunked up after a day or 3 (depends on the carto)and then it goes into the "needs to be cleaned" container. Also be careful with the automatic battery....I haven't ever had a problem with them going off when not being inhaled, but they are VERY easy to get juice into because the battery is open and then you ruin the battery. That is the only way we have had them die, from getting liquid into them.....so when you have a carto on those, I would NEVER add liquid without taking them off....and until you get a feel for how much liquid it takes to keep them wet, but not overfilled, I wouldn't do it on the manual battery either. It takes awhile to know when they are getting dry (despite the fact that they are still producing vapor), but before you get a burnt taste. Nothing in the carto is actually burning as far as material in the carto itself and that nasty taste can totally be cleaned away. Anyway, I have the whole thing outlined in the album.

Okay, I went in deep, and bought TWO e-cigarettes. You guys were all SO helpful it was absurd. The chat here is amazing.

I made two purchases because I got a little caught up, but mostly I'm just sick of my smoker's cough.

The first was from vapor galaxy (is that spam?) Recommended by ma' ryann :-P, my unofficial namesake.

• $37.00 eGo USB/Passthrough kit (
  • _$3.00 Drip Tip
  • _$9.00 PG liquid (15mL)
  • _$7.50 VG Liquid (10mL)
  • _$8.00 Low Resistance Cartomizer (didn't end up buying... dropped at the last minute, because of Bloog).

A DAMN good package for $56!! (I didn't get the cartomizers b/c of bloog). I honestly don't think I could have found a better intro-to-e-cigs kit anywhere with more options or cheaper. Look at ALL the options!!

I also decided to get a bloog. I just went why not, and splurged. I figured out how to give myself a "good" deal, even though they were out of stock on kits (I saved $20 off a MaxxFusion kit). If you look at my previous posts I was VERY opposed to the eGo or anything that didn't resemble a really cigarette - and the bloog seemed to be the best option by far. I don't want to go back to cigarettes, and this thing looks like a more comfortable party item, so...

• $40 Bloog Fusion Starter Kit (NOT MaxXFusion kit)
  • $20 Bloog MaxXFusion Battery
  • $11 Bloog MaxXFusion Cartomizers

Costs $71... very decent deal. It's a smaller-battery automatic e-cig - and seems to be the best by FAR.

From my understanding the Bloog Fusion is a run-of-the-mill KR808. The MaxxFusion is a battery that is all the rage as of late, that lasts roughly FOUR times as long. (People say 808s and 510s last for 45 minutes, and the MaxXFusion is about 3 hours). The Bloog MaxXFusion kits are obnoxiously expensive, and fusion/maxxfusion/kr808 are all compatible. The MaxXFusion are also supposedly some of the only automatic batteries that won't set themselves off, and yet don't require very large drags to get them started (also due to the cartomizers).

The cartomizers, however, are really where it's at with Bloog. They don't need to be "primed", supposedly give a consistent flavor, and can be opened and refilled (although not advertised that way).

It might have been smarter to buy an Joye 510 battery, but (a) it seems to hold a third to a quarter of the charge, (B) has no decent "automatic" option, and © can't use the MaxxFuxion cartomizers. Although the Joye 510 would have been compatible with all eGo stuff - the MaxxFuxion seems to own the show in terms of a cigarette-like experience.

At the end of the day, with coupons, minus the low resistance cartomizers, this cost me about $125... however look what I got!

• Three different types of batteries (Standard KR808, MaxxFusion, and eGo), one automatic, one manual, one average black battery.
  • Options to drip, use cartomizers (on supposedly the best system for them), use normal eGo atomizer+cartridge combo.
  • PG and VG liquids
  • Option to vape straight from USB (eGo battery is USB passthrough and works while charging)

I'm super excited. Mostly I'm looking forward to reviewing this stuff - I'll be reviewing supposedly the premier e-cigarettes on the market right now in terms of quality and remaining compact. I'll try not to regret not getting two different e-cigs - but getting something that'll do the trick is more important to me.

Hey, noobie here too. I went on a mini splurge too on my first ecigs... Well, actually my family chipped in and bought the really expensive 1st kit.

What I got...

A Preferred 510 Manual Kit from ZeeCigs.com

A 801 Manual Kit from IndyVapor.com

A 901 Manual Kit from Wordupecig

Juice, 510 Cartos, Blank Cartridges, 901/801 extra atty's and some adaptors from AwesomeVapor

That was about three weeks ago and I am almost completely analog-free. I would say I'm about five days in now without one single analog for sure!

I bought these after doing a little research but before joining this forum. I'm doing ok considering I was flying pretty blind in the beginning. I will say I was a little overwhelmed with all the info out there! I do however have a love-hate thing going on with my current ecigs. This is the reason I'm here learning all I can!

Soooo, I also eyed the Bloog MaxxFusion. How did that work out? I'm also considering trying the Ego from all the rave reviews I've read so any information on how yours worked out would be great!