Doctors Used To Promote Cigarette Smoking...

elDuderino

Doctors used to promote cigarette smoking. They made TV and magazine appearances all the time. Hell, you used to be able to smoke in hospitals!

Well, I think it's time to get the doctors behind ecigs!

I've read countless accounts on the forums of people visiting their primary physician and shocking the doc with improved pulmonary and cardiovascular health, so I know it's possible. It's time for the vaping community and the people with connections to get these and other doctors out there in the public eye and promote the vape - before Big Brother and Big Tobacco get to them! :doctor:

Dude.

My dad is a family practice doc and i was actually afraid to tell him that i was vaping. I was pleasantly surprised at his reaction. He didn't know a lot about it but said that he knew the health risk was miniscule compared to analogs and was thrilled for me to quit. Not one negative from him. We live in a very small rural community. Surely if he is on board and knows something about them then docs in larger areas would be aware also. I am pretty sure he won't back them with his patients until they are approved by fda, but i haven't discussed it with him.

Edited by Erika

I remember watching an I LOVE LUCY episode, she was pregnant with lil Ricky and smoking. I remember her saying something to Ethel that the Dr said it helped her to relax. Thank God we now know better!

Hubby went to his pulmonologist (sp) this week and mentioned my vaping to him and his nurses. They were ALL very excited for me and said that they didn't see any real risks. They want him to keep in touch and let them know how I'm doing on them. Well at least some people are starting to realize the benefits of vaping. Perhaps he will recommend them to his patients?

I really do LOVE LUCY even if she smoked.