So Frustrated With Flavors!

Nanna

I know Nana and I have talked about this before but I apparently have DEAD taste buds. The only flavor I can really taste is Tasty Vapors Atomic Cinnacide. Just got a sampler pack (getting smarter, at least) of some really highly reviewed stuff and I can taste a HINT of flavor, but nothing like what you guys all describe.

I have one last batch of DOUBLE strength flavors coming from Vapor Renu this week and if that doesn't work, I guess it will have to be DIY for me.

Or are my taste buds so dead that even THAT won't work?

Sad, sad vaper. :crybaby:

I know Nana and I have talked about this before but I apparently have DEAD taste buds. The only flavor I can really taste is Tasty Vapors Atomic Cinnacide. Just got a sampler pack (getting smarter, at least) of some really highly reviewed stuff and I can taste a HINT of flavor, but nothing like what you guys all describe.

I have one last batch of DOUBLE strength flavors coming from Vapor Renu this week and if that doesn't work, I guess it will have to be DIY for me.

Hi!

Personally, I find that when it comes to vaping, taste has little to do with how the vapor...tastes... that sounds weird, but it's true! When I vape, I get most of my flavor through it's scent when I breathe out my nose. Have you tried breathing out your nose? If you have and that still doesn't work...are you able to taste a drop of flavoring like loranns on your tongue? If you can, then yup-home made. If not...well, I hope there is no "if not" *crosses fingers for you*

Nanna, I'm with you. I still can't taste anything. I'm waiting for some flavors from V R, Dbl strength also lol. I'm really hoping they do it for me too.

Good luck on your quest. Let me know if your flavors work.

anyone know how long they take to come? i ordered mine on the 9th...

That is bizarre, you should write him because something is wrong....I have never waited longer than 2 days...VR is in CA, and I am in IL

It took me awhile for ANYTHING to taste right. Another thing is that the flavors I like vaping are not necessarily things I like to eat. Same for my husband. He NEVER eats fruit but he LOVES vaping fruit flavors. I vape the smoother stuff, like heath bar, pumkiccino, cappuccino, white chocolate mixed with various stuff, and in real life I eat tons of fruit, but I don't care to vape it much. I like the way the flavors taste, and I will vape a carto worth, but that's about it.

We all must have ordered around the same time, but I know they say on the website they are open Monday through Friday, and it takes time to mix.

He always sends a notification of when it is shipped, and from that point it is never more than two days for me...it is all shipped priority. I think it says to allow 2-3 days for mixing, but so far I haven't had to wait that long.....I think when I have ordered in the evening it has always shipped the next day, and if I order early in the day I get the shipping notification later that day. Of course I may have been lucky that I ordered on less busy days, who knows.

Just to add... I used to NEVER smoke menthol analogs. But now I add a dab of menthol flavoring to nearly every single fruit flavor just to get that extra 'kick in the back of me throat.' Give that a try... you might like it! :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

(rummages around to see if I have any of the menthol I got with my original eGo kit)

I will try that.

I also bought some of poor Jolly's Loranns flavorings that he doesn't like. Figured I could up the flavor a little bit on some stuff. (insert evil mad scientist laugh here.) :devil:

(rummages around to see if I have any of the menthol I got with my original eGo kit)

I will try that.

I also bought some of poor Jolly's Loranns flavorings that he doesn't like. Figured I could up the flavor a little bit on some stuff. (insert evil mad scientist laugh here.) :devil:

Ah, he finally sold off that garbage... I mean flavorings! :thumbsup:

and BTW i sent him a reply thanking him for getting back to me so soon and mentioned that he should take good care of juliery because she is taking good care of him on the forums :thumbup:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, LOL, that is funny. I am laughing for real. Really though, I really only mean to convey MY experience. If anyone else agrees with me, which I know Todd does, hey, that is cool....but I am not trying to talk anyone into buying anything. HOWEVER, I DO like the excellent customer support and I do like that the flavors are mixed to order and he will bend over backwards to make you satisfied with your purchase. I bet if you told him you wanted quintuple flavor he would do it. He just puts the obvious options on the order form part. He will also duplicate other flavors you have to the best of his ability.....like I have this cappuccino that I want duplicated and kicked up a notch, I am sending it to him to see what he can come up with. I mean how many other places will do that? I am sure there are some, but personally I don't know them. We all like different things....and what appeals to one person doesn't appeal to another. If we all liked the same thing this would be easy....we wouldn't all be trying a hundred different flavors from as many vendors. But I REALLY appreciate the EXCELLENT customer service and that he genuinely seems to want you to be happy with your purchase. The thing is that vendors who sell premixed liquid can't do much for you.....they are just selling something made by someone else, so I rather deal with someone who can actually DO something for me. I hope that made sense, LOL.

BTW, what flavors did you order? I want to try the watermelon!!! If it is anything like the grape that would be awesome. My husband's grape is already half gone. I only used ONE carto worth, it was sooooo good and I am not even into fruity flavors so much. But I am thinking that the watermelon might be just like watermelon bubbalicios....because that is how the grape is, like grape bubble gum. It is weird, but it tastes juicy....if that makes ANY sense, LOL.

Nanna, i have discovered that if i add some clove (which im now out of) to anything it gives it a kick, as does anything mint or menthol... which is why i tossed in an order for spearmint when i bought mine, i figured worse case i can always mix something up

I agree, clove can give some blah flavors a kick for sure. Even if they aren't blah, but just needing a kick, clove can help. I can't even vape clove on it's own, it is SOOOOOOO strong, which is helpful for flavors that need that. I added clove to a couple fruits we had when we first started vaping and it really helped.....it sort of reminded me of a spiced cider type of flavor, only with things other than just apple. BUT apple with clove is pretty good....it is like a really spiced cider. I am not so into the fruits, but in the beginning the fruits with clove was one of the few things I could taste at all.....so I agree, clove is helpful....cinnamon is too if it is a strong enough cinnamon...I want to get some of that too.

Hang in there, Nanna!! As I said before, for months the only flavor I could taste was the Tasty Vapors Atomic Cinnacide. After that, it was only the HINT of flavor as you describe. Well, it's still that way for most of them for me, but I can taste my DIY flavors. I just need more flavor than most. It's odd because I can taste food just fine. It's only the e-liquid that I have a problem with. Honestly, I've seen where a lot of people new to vaping say the same thing you're saying now, but their taste buds come back to life. I've been the only one I know of who still has a problem after so long. You're still new to this. Give it some time. Be glad you found at least one flavor you can taste so early. It took me at least 3 months before I found it.

I'm anxious to find out about those double strength flavors you ordered. Be sure and let us know how they work for you. But, even if you can't taste them, hold on to them. You may be able to taste them in a few weeks or months.

Edited by nana

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, LOL, that is funny. I am laughing for real. Really though, I really only mean to convey MY experience. If anyone else agrees with me, which I know Todd does, hey, that is cool....but I am not trying to talk anyone into buying anything. HOWEVER, I DO like the excellent customer support and I do like that the flavors are mixed to order and he will bend over backwards to make you satisfied with your purchase. I bet if you told him you wanted quintuple flavor he would do it. He just puts the obvious options on the order form part. He will also duplicate other flavors you have to the best of his ability.....like I have this cappuccino that I want duplicated and kicked up a notch, I am sending it to him to see what he can come up with. I mean how many other places will do that? I am sure there are some, but personally I don't know them. We all like different things....and what appeals to one person doesn't appeal to another. If we all liked the same thing this would be easy....we wouldn't all be trying a hundred different flavors from as many vendors. But I REALLY appreciate the EXCELLENT customer service and that he genuinely seems to want you to be happy with your purchase. The thing is that vendors who sell premixed liquid can't do much for you.....they are just selling something made by someone else, so I rather deal with someone who can actually DO something for me. I hope that made sense, LOL.

BTW, what flavors did you order? I want to try the watermelon!!! If it is anything like the grape that would be awesome. My husband's grape is already half gone. I only used ONE carto worth, it was sooooo good and I am not even into fruity flavors so much. But I am thinking that the watermelon might be just like watermelon bubbalicios....because that is how the grape is, like grape bubble gum. It is weird, but it tastes juicy....if that makes ANY sense, LOL.

i ordered the heath

your pumpkichino creation

and spearmint... all doubles :)

I ordere white choc, cola caramel something and one pther i can't remember. Having them shipped to the in-laws house since thats where i will be this weekend. Some for me and some for them so i hope it gets there or i will have to have her forward it to me. I left him a voicemail begging him to ship asap but we will see.

I ordered Pina Colada, Mt Dew Code Red (cuz my husband is a Mt. Dew freak) - oh, did I mention I have him vaping now too??? And Big Red Gum. You know me and Cinnamon. All double strength. I'm excited.

And Dayvape, I think Nana and I have similar taste buds and SHE likes Loranns, so I went with her palate over Jolly's. :whistle: If nothing else, I figure I can add flavor to anything premixed and come up with something interesting - or at least something I can taste.

You know, I remember Clove gum, and I hated that stuff! So that's what I think of when I think of cloves!! LOL

I ordered Pina Colada, Mt Dew Code Red (cuz my husband is a Mt. Dew freak) - oh, did I mention I have him vaping now too??? And Big Red Gum. You know me and Cinnamon. All double strength. I'm excited.

And Dayvape, I think Nana and I have similar taste buds and SHE likes Loranns, so I went with her palate over Jolly's. :whistle: If nothing else, I figure I can add flavor to anything premixed and come up with something interesting - or at least something I can taste.

You know, I remember Clove gum, and I hated that stuff! So that's what I think of when I think of cloves!! LOL

You can come up with some interesting flavors, Nanna. There are flavors I like to eat, but didn't like to vape them very much. I love cherry anything, but not to vape. Strange. I have found though that if I add some cotton candy flavoring to those I don't care for as much, it smooths them out and makes them "vape-able" to me. And yes, when you can't taste any liquids, all you really want is to finally be able to at least taste some. It sounds like a lot of peoples "tastes" change over time and stuff they liked to begin with, they no longer like a few weeks or months later - and vice versa. So keep that in mind. If you get some Lorann's and like it now, that may all change later. Or if you don't like it now, you might later. Just keep trying and you'll come up with something, I'm sure.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines