Exercise And The E-Cig

Beans

I am just so proud, I thought I'd post about it for those still on the fence about the effects of vaping.

I was a smoker for 27 years, who suffered constantly from lung disease caused from smoking. I couldn't breath well enough to do any exercise, Shamefully I admit to getting out of breath walking from my front door to the truck. I have never been athletic or very physically active because of my breathing issues. Well that was until yesterday. Hubby and I went to the local Y and used a free pass for the day.

I got my little butt up on a treadmill , set it to 4 mph on a steep incline and walked/jogged for an entire hour. YES ME a straight hour of heavy duty(for me) exercising.

And guess what? I could breath the entire time! Hubby a non smoker couldn't even keep up with me! I feel so liberated! I am no longer a prisoner in my own body! Wholly Cow does it feel great to breath!

Well we are signing up for a membership. Amazying the things I can do now! LOL I have a new body! And I have only been off cigs for 40 days. Imagine what I'll be able to do in another year. leap small buildings in a single bound? Perhaps.

Enjoy your weekend all!

That's awesome, Beans! I, too, got better with ecigs. I ran three half marathons while I was still a smoker. Did ok, but didn't see much improvement. Last summer I did my running training as normal but also added in P90X. When I had two weeks left of it, I got my ecig. My next half was seven weeks away at that time, too. My P90X results were great (despite the smoking throughout) but the half marathon time after another seven weeks of running training while NOT smoking were AMAZING! I shaved twelve minutes off my best time, so that's almost another minute per mile faster! I credit that in large part to the ecig and a little bit to the P90X and regular running training. Keep it up!

Way awesome, Beans!! (and Aimee! and all other new exercisers!!). I haven't began any exercise regime as of yet... but I do get these strange urges to take off running at times. Me run?? ha! I'd rather ride the horse thank you very much lol.

Uma, I thought so, too, when I started running four years ago. I was a late bloomer runner. I'm not fast, but I've seen improvement. If the mood urges you to run, do it!

Or that horse riding thing. Do that. :)

• 3 years later...

I have never been one for exercise. I started walking basically to keep my kids active during their off season and I am now up to running 12+ miles a week. I have been analog free for 90days and couldn't be happier. Keep up the good work and stick with it! Congrats :animier: