Atomizer/cartomizer Sitting Between Use

Erika

if i want to switch flavors do i have to clean out the atomizer cartomizer or can i cap it and just start a new one. can you switch between several? I got a lot of different flavors to see what i would like and wanted to try all of them of course. lol

Erika

I usually have two or three atties/cartos going at any given time with different flavors.I find it helps keep my taste buds from getting acclimated to a flavor and not being able to taste it as good as I do when I switch off.I don't think I would let one sit for too many days without use or cleaning as it would probably get funky tasting.

I usually have a few going at once with different flavors since I switch flavors many times during the day. But I do blow out and let drain every night. I made a tucking in ritual for my eGo lol

I use cartos and heck yes....you can switch between them. Just cap them so they don't dry out. My husband has been doing that for the last year....he gets tired of vaping only one flavor so he carries like 4 different flavors in his pocket and just swaps them around all the time for several days till he uses them up. The prefilled ones sit around for months before anyone uses them, so why should it matter. It would be different if you were spitting into them thereby adding germs into the mix. If you wanted to be EXTRA careful you could always wipe the mouthpiece/outer part with an antibacterial wipe before capping. Personally I am not paranoid like that, so I don't do it, neither does my husband, but you could.

I have a couple different atomizers each for different flavor categories, sweet, tobacco, coffee/cappuccino, etc. If I plan on using the same atomizer with a similiar type flavor, I usually just blow the atomizer out or just add the 'new' drops depending on the situation.

I usually only blow my atomizer out every couple of weeks. I believe doing it nightly is overkill. If you have the time to do it go for it, otherwise once a week should be sufficient. I avoid rinsing as it seems unnecessary, the new flavor will definitely push out the old flavor after a while, depending on the flavor of course.

When I first started vaping I had so many new flavors that I wanted to try, the problem was when I wanted to try a new flavor I would just put the new drops in there; and, I didn't know which ones stayed in the atomizer and which ones didn't. Using a beverage flavor then switching to chocolate back to a sweet flavor doesn't work well at all because the chocolate is ever present.