Finally Flavors I Can Live With

Hatchet

Over the past few months I have been trying to find the flavors that work for me with little success. I have tried flavors from five different vendors and finally found something I am satisfied with. I also discovered that throat hit is an important factor in my choices. Stating that, this is very individual but the journey I took might help others. I'll use a scale of 1-5 in several categories. Included suppliers are: My Freedom Smokes, Perfect Electronic Cigarette, Viking Vapor, Vapor Renew, and Cignot. All of the suppliers shipped promptly and delivered exactly what I ordered. Sorry ahead of time for being so long winded.

MyFreedomSmokes - all flavors 24mg nicotine, strong flavor, 80% 20% mix

Teaberry - Flavor 5, Throat hit 3, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(this one was too powerful for me after a week or so the smell takes over everything in my kit)

Jolly Rancher Pineapple - Flavor 2, Throat hit 2, Flavor duration 2, Vapor production 4

(you may have heard about a waxy taste after vaping it a while...yup it's there)

Bubble Gum - Flavor 3, Throat hit 2, Flavor duration 2, Vapor production 4

(definitely bubble gum flavor but that waxy thing takes over)

Perfect Electronic Cigarette - all flavors 24mg nicotine, 70% 30% mix

Pomegranate - Flavor 5, Throat hit 1, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 5

(not tart like you would expect but tasty)

Orange - Flavor 5, Throat hit 1, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(citrus like the fruit - tastes great but don't have it with coffee - good every once in a while)

Bourbon - Flavor 1, Throat hit 0, Flavor duration 0, Vapor production 5

(I really don't know how to describe no flavor)

Watermelon - Flavor 5, Throat hit 1, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 5

(great flavor, no throat hit)

Viking Vapor - all flavors are 24mg nicotine, 70% 30% mix, filterless throat hit, double flavor

Brandy - Flavor 2, Throat hit 1, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(doesn't taste like brandy or any alcoholic beverage to me)

Guava - Flavor 4, Throat hit 2, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(I have enjoyed this one a good guava flavor but very little throat hit)

Tutti Frutti - Flavor 3, Throat hit 1, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(Tastes more like fruit punch than tutti frutti with very little throat hit)

Strawberry Kiwi - Flavor 5, Throat hit 3, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(this one is outstanding and actually has some throat hit)

Watermelon - Flavor 3, Throat hit 1, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(I think you can see I like watermelon flavor and am searching, this didn't make the cut)

Vapor Renew - all flavors are 24mg nicotine, 80% 20% mix, aggressive throat hit, double shot of flavor

(this stuff smells great and needs to be stored in plastic bags to avoid making the room a fruit basket)

Swedish Fish - Flavor 3, Throat hit 2, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 5

(I was a little disappointed in this one the flavor was good but understated and very little throat hit)

Strawberry Kiwi - Flavor 5, Throat hit 2, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 5

(a great flavor – not much throat hit)

Watermelon - Flavor 5, Throat hit 2, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 5

(another great flavor without much throat hit)

Cignot - all flavors are 24mg nicotine, I mixed 2-5ml bottles of VG with 1-20ml bottle of VG making 66.6% 33.3% mix

Kiwi with strawberry - Flavor 3, Throat hit 5, Flavor duration 4, Vapor production 4 (mixed 66%pg 17%vg 17% strawberry vg

(great throat hit!!)

Watermelon - Flavor 4, Throat hit 5, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(was my favorite watermelon *see conclusion)

RY4 - Flavor 4, Throat hit 5, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(favorite RY4)

Wensten - Flavor 3, Throat hit 5, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(OK tobacco flavor)

Pall Mall - Flavor 3, Throat hit 5, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(OK tobacco flavor)

Parliament - Flavor 5, Throat hit 5, Flavor duration 5, Vapor production 4

(this is my favorite tobacco flavor so far)

Conclusion: All of the places except for Cignot had little throat hit. This is the sensation that makes me feel like I’m smoking and keeps me from yearning for the analog. I love many of the flavors but they just don’t have that oomph the Cignot ones do. My solution was to mix the Strawberry Kiwi 50% 50% with the Cignot and the Watermelon 50% 50%. I’m sticking with the Parliament and RY4 as they are. Finally four flavors I enjoy with a decent throat hit!

Hatchet

Hey thanks for the review. Deffinately helpful, I'm having a terrible time finding good vapes myself. I just can't taste anything anymore. :turned:

Good luck on your quest.

"i just cant taste anything anymore"

oh crap, you too? heck ive been hoping you might be able to suggest something for me to try lol... ive been switching around flavors and cant seem to taste them anymore either...

I've ordered a lot of different juices from a lot of different vendors. I feel like I have wasted a lot of money. As of today, I am sticking with VT Dulcis and Midnight; AVE Juice, Boba's Bounty.

Now with that said, I am waiting on a juice I made up from Juicy Vapor; Mad Vapor's Melon Explosion, Mandarin Orange and Cherry Blossom; AVE Juice, Strawberry Cooler; and, RY4 from Good Prophet.

After all of this comes in, I promised myself that I am not going to order anymore. For at least a month, hahahaha. No, really. :wallbash:

Someone posted within a thread a really good TH tip, and after a year of vaping I had never done this. Normally when I vape I inhale directly into my lungs, while I am dragging/drawing/inhaling. Well someone posted that a way to get good TH is to inhale into just your mouth, then inhale the entire mouthful into your lungs at once. Well, I tried it and honestly not only do you get good TH, but you also get that sorta lightheaded feeling after a few times doing this in quick succession like when you smoke too much. I had really never paid much attention to how I vaped....other than the initial learning curve of having to do the slow steady thing. But other than that, I vaped like I smoked.....well this tip really works, but I find I have to really pay attention in order to do it just because it isn't my usual manner of vaping.

Funny how subjective things are and why I really don't care about reviews in general....I pay more attention to people who like the same type of flavors as I do. Like RY4 is disgusting to me...I hate the super overly sweet flavors...Caramel, YUCK GROSS. We ordered 4 flavors from Ms T's and they are disgusting, so sweet and NONE of them could anyone guess the flavor without looking at the label (had the kids sniffing to try and guess what they were)....just overwhelmingly sweet. Just awful. I wouldn't vape that stuff if they gave me it free for life. When I read reviews and person after person uses the word "sweet", and I order it anyway, I usually don't like it. I have learned that over time. Now Vapor Renu (btw, spelled like that, renu, not renew) I get the medium TH and that is plenty for me. I think aggressive would hurt my throat. But I smoked light cigs so maybe that makes it different. I can't say that I had any stronger of a TH when smoking. I always think the TH is more related to the heat and more the fact that it is smoke hitting your throat. So far, as far as flavor, vapor renu is the ONLY place where I have liked every single flavor we have ordered, which I believe it is 8 of them now. Le Cig, their problem is more a total lack of flavor....just nothing. The flavor is soooooo weak it is crazy. But then I don't like the really overpowering flavors either. I just like a distinct flavor I can identify. I also tend not to like the no flavor flavors (like made up flavors)....like where it is just a big mixture of flavors with no clearly identifiable flavor, especially if the overall impression is just sweet, like RY4....my husband and I probably hate that flavor most of all, or we did till we got the stuff from Ms T's....God, awful, just awful. But of course that is only our opinion based on our preference of not liking super sweet stuff. We had ordered cappuccino (which it smelled like caramel mixed with cotton candy and tasted like just I don't know...caramel with burnt sugar?), white chocolate mocha, which tasted like neither white chocolate or mocha, just overwhelmingly sweet...Grape which smelled grape but tasted like a really sweet chemicalish taste, and then the dark chocolate/dulce de leche, which was the least bad but would definitely need to be rigged with something else. I am not bothering with it. With the order came a little tri folded "menu" and info about the company and based on that I would guess that the owner, which is also the person who creates and mixes everything, and was a baker, has a sweet tooth. Clearly she likes the very sweet taste and we don't. So that is what I mean, I try and find someone who enjoys the same type of flavors as I do and then odds are things they like I will like too, or at least for the most part. Almost guaranteed someone who loves caramel, RY4, and that kind of stuff, I won't share the same flavor preferences with. It is the same with food.....my oldest daughter enjoys ENTIRELY different kinds of foods than what I like, so when she says something is good, to me it usually isn't and vice versa. There are some things we both like, but very few. In fact I was just telling her about a place we went to and what I had and she was like "omg, I hate that place, their food sucks" LOL....which when she tells me about something she didn't like, I can usually rest assured that I will like it.

My taste has changed a lot over the time I have been vaping...in the beginning it IS hard to pick up flavors...face it, our taste buds were pretty much destroyed with the smoking. It was a good couple months before I started really ENJOYING the flavors, and of food too. Suddenly we noticed that food started tasting different, like it is supposed to, didn't have to use near as many seasonings, salt and pepper in order for food to taste good, etc. The whole vaping thing is an interesting journey. I do like that now, especially after ordering a bunch of liquid from several vendors I now have a MUCH better sense of what flavors I like and which flavors to avoid. Like the RY4, various people would say, oh, that one sucks, you have to order it from so and so, and I would still hate it, or hate it even more, then another person would say, oh so and so has the best RY4, and nope, still disgusting. Granted they may all taste different from each other, but bottom line it is a SUPER sweet flavor and I don't like super sweet. I should also mention that in real life I don't like eating sweets as a general thing. Like in ice cream, I prefer like a fruit sorbet over vanilla or chocolate. Or I like fruit smoothies that are made ONLY with fresh fruit and ice....no added yogurt, creams, sugars etc. I am more of a salt person than a sugar person...like I would pick a potato chip any day over a cookie. BUT that said, I do like the neutral liquids like white chocolate, bavarian creme, etc. They are excellent for cutting other flavors. But I don't like just sweet, it has to be a flavor that I can identify. I think the most important part about the reviews is paying attention to the flavors the reviewers is liking, to get a sense if they seem to like the same TYPES of flavors. Okay, I will shut up. Flavor is very subjective in my opinion.

Hi juliery,

I'm not having any trouble tasting. At this point most of my taste buds have come back at least somewhat. With the throat hit thing - I shouldn't have to try to get it. I didn't when I was smoking and I shouldn't now. There is a difference in the throat hit from supplier to supplier although it seems like to get the TH flavor suffers a bit. It was my thought to find juice with a great TH and mix it with some with great flavor. It works! It makes something with good flavor and good TH.

Hatchet

Juliery is correct. What one person likes does not necessarily mean that everyone is going to like it. Everything is subjective. At this point in, my personal vaping experience, I do read reviews and appreciate everyone's opinion. While keeping in mind, that not everyone or everything is created equal. Life is a learning process, everyone is on their own journey. I've learned a lot from everyone I have come in contact with. I've learned that I prefer to fill carto using the bottom fill method (with a condom). I've tried the drip from the top method and also using the syringe method. I've learned this by watching videos and reading other peoples methods. I decide what I want to try and when I want to try it. Experience is one of the ways I learn best. I've learned that what taste good to me one day may not taste as good to me another. Because different vendors use different mixtures, what flavor I like with one vendor, I may not like from another vendor. A lesson I have learned: if you are buying juice (from any vendor) for the first time, start off small. See if you like it before ordering a large quantity. I have also learned that just because I liked a juice from a vendor in the past, does not mean that it will taste the same every time I order it. Not everything stays the same. Vendors may change suppliers, suppliers may change where they get their supplies, and on and on.

Today I received some juice I ordered from AVE Juice. One juice I was trying for the first time, another juice was a reorder. The strawberry Cooler smelled great, just smelling it from the bottle. But, the smell did not carry over to what my personal vaping criteria is. Vaping flavor, vapor production, and the taste that is left in my mouth. Strawberry Cooler didn't cut it for me. Regarding the other juice, Boba's Bounty. I was crazy for this juice the very first time I ordered it. I don't know what happen! It might be my taste buds today or something changed on the vendors end. But it just wasn't the same for me today. I'll but both of them away and try them another time. You never know, they may do better for me another time.

I also received my order of supplies and juice sampler of YR4 from Good Prophets. This was my first time ordering from them. I did have the experience of speaking with them on the phone yesterday. After placing my order, I had a question and called them. I had a wonderful conversation with a gentleman. To my surprise, I received my order today. Keep in mind I live in PA, just 50 some odd miles away from them. Regarding the YR4 juice. I did not care for the taste at all. The vapor was awesome, but it's not a taste that I like. And I don't believe I will like it later. I am so glad I ordered just a sample size. I also ordered one eGo button protector for .99 cents. They sent me two. That was a very nice touch. Over all I like the vendor and I will use them again in the future. I will also try other juices that they carry. Just because I didn't care for the YR4 doesn't mean that I won't like their other flavors.

I'm sorry this is so long and I will try to keep my opinions and thoughts shorter in the future.

Good Vaping my fellow vapors. :thumbsup:

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines