Really? A Little Turn On A Carto Will Help?

AimeeG

So have what might seem to be a few duds in my current huge batch of cartomizers. I just read a review for them at the website from which I bought them and someone wrote that turning the pin with a screwdriver will help. Now, I'm curious. So, I take a screwdriver to the connection to battery end and turn it. Ok, which way to make it work better? Or do I just play with it to see? And how much? A quarter turn? Half? Full? If nothing else, maybe this info will help someone else in the future. And since I haven't run across it in my five months here, I haven't read about it yet. Ok, thanks.

I found this to be true with Carto's and Atty's. They don't preform well right out of the box. It seems like they need a burn in period. When I first break out a new atty or carto I need to take 15 or 20 drags on it before it starts to produce good vapor and flavor. I always think dud...

With my Carto's I do take a pin and run it around the outside between the filler and the metal tube, but this is to mainly help the juice soak in.

Good infos here I'm using cartos more and more so ill soak up this info and keep my eye on this thread. I too am courious abouit the turn of the carto, because I've tooken one apart and it dosent seem like the wiring would allow for much of a turn, and if so what does this do for it?

I'll go ahead and throw in my .02 here :)

If you do turn that connector be sure not to turn it much more than 1/4 turn.

about a half turn or more could break the wire.

turning it can affect the draw so if it's too light or too stiff you can adjust it a bit.

If the carto isn't working you can try prying the connector up a li'l bit with a

small screw driver or a paperclip.this may get it to make contact with the batt.

since they are pushed in too far sometimes. HTH

good luck and happy vaping

I have taken them apart and there is nothing there to adjust.Those slots are for air to get in the middle.Won't hurt anything as long as you don't turn it too much ,but no reason for it to help either.

i have heard that some cartos adjust.

have ripped many apart and never seen any type of threading in them.

until i see something with threading i'll chalk this up to myth.

honesty i doubt any have threading in them. the threads would have to be put on the rubber gasket between the two metals, in order to adjust it would have to be made of a plastic type material to keep it from just slipping.

however it may adjust the draw due to moving the + wire around in the tube. something i wouldnt advise doing as its placed as to not rest on the coil that runs threw the middle hole

I had a battery that was working really weird and the vendor told me to turn the connection in the center slot on the battery connection a quarter turn counter clockwise to raise up the connection....that sometimes they are down too far and not making proper contact with the carto/atty. He also said if it is an isolated carto not making a connection to do the same in the slot on the carto. It does raise it up, and conversely clockwise makes it go down, so there is something to it as far as the two things connecting to each other. That center post does have some room for adjustment, just not too much or the wires that it is connected to can get twisted. I have only had this issue once, out of a LOT of batteries, so I don't think it is a common thing. But if something isn't working properly, or at all, I guess it can't hurt much to try.

Edited by juliery