Big Stu's Illuminated Juice Box Mod

Uma

I recently recieved my new bottom feeder mods from Stu's Illuminated Box Mods. In fact, they came in yesterday. Which means, I really can't "review" them quite yet, but I can share my joy (to date) with you. I bought the 3.7v juice box mods.

Size: Front and back, 2 thumbs wide. (1.5 inches wide) Sides: 1 thumb wide. (3/4 of an inch) Length: Index finger long. (2.5" high). (approximate, give or take a dash).

Battery: trustfire 14500 (madvapes with orange flames)

Volts: 3.7

atty: 510 connection. (I'm using a Cisco LR 510 just fine).

Vapor: great!

Flavor: great!

Feel in hand: great!

extra bottle: yes!

LED: changing colors as you vape (gold, green, blue, red, purple)

Colors: any color you want

Customized look: yes

Lanyard: yes!

Accent: a Pearl

Price: $40.00 basic, extra with options

Mine is Purple to pink gradation with Raindrops affect. Matching (solid) purple Lanyard.

Hubbys is Silver Gray with black raindrops affect and a black lanyard.

Basic white will illuminate the most. Some users put decals over the white, such as a skull and crossbones or Harley emblem... which is way awesome too.

It's a plastic box, nice and sturdy. It's easy for both hubby and me to squeeze the juice bottle. It vapes great. I don't know how to do the meter readings (ohms) and stuff. Hopefully someone else who has one will do a good thorough review.

This is an affordable and fun way to see if the bottom feeder juice box is right for you before purchasing an expensive model. I'm sure it will last me quite awhile, but I can't confirm that as of yet, as it's still brand new to me. I'll try to write a followup post a month from now. (unless someone else with Review skills & ohm reader purchases one and spares us all from my rambling. hint hint).

Summary: It's adorable, sturdy, cool, lightweight, tiny, and the mod maker is a great guy! (so far)

Photo:

post-1865-0-75969700-1296618682_thumb.jp

Edited by jeffb
Edited per OP's request

It seems that basically you PM/email this OldGoat guy and he writes you back with options as to what he can do, you order, and viola, Ron's your uncle with a brand new box mod in hand? Oh boy. I'm telling him Uma sent me. ;)

LOL, you got it!

Can't wait to see it when you get it. :)

Edit OP: All measurements comparing thumb, finger were by the vertical. (holding the mod upright with my thumb upright along it's side... 2 thumbs vertical holding the mod vertically upright... ) (the width of my thumbs, not the length of my thumbs.) (except the hight was by finger length instead of width). ok, i'll shut up now...

Edited by Uma

sounds aweseome.....I am getting the same kind of thing.....only variable voltage with longer lasting batts....but that is because I am a chain vaper, LOL. Mine will be plain black though as I want to decorate it myself....of course in order to custom paint it that means I would have to stop using it temporarily,....will that be possible????? Hmmmmmmm, I guess if it ends up NOT decorated no one will really see it since it will be in my hand permanently, LOL. I can't wait to have mine, especially after reading your review....great job...at making me jealous, LOL...seriously...great job!

Fantastic review, Uma!! :thumbsup:

You know, we both have the SB. And we both have the eGo. So how could I not get one of these? Or two? LOL I started out thinking I'd just get a black one to match all my other black devices, but after seeing your pics...well...colors are good, too. Now how do I decide on colors, designs, patterns, etc.? Oh my!

Wow, now I'm second guessing myself and am not positive on that. It FEELS like some kind of metal (sturdy wise). It also does that metal ringing sound when it's empty of battery and bottle and I tap with my fingers, but that just might be the metal parts inside singing their songs. (connectors, and stuff) It might be a sturdy plastic of some kind I don't really "KNOW". OMG, I should have asked him instead of just assuming.

EDIT OP: It FEELS like it's metal box, it's really sturdy. I don't have the exact knowledge to declare it as so though .

(this is why i leave reviews to others lol).

Edited by Uma

Juliery, good for you!!! I'm interested in his new 18650 juice box too. Please let us know how you like it when it arrives! Has he priced them yet? Are they out yet? I've got some reading to catch up on!

Nana, You go girl!!! Can never have enough back ups!! Just tell him what colors you wouldn't mind getting one in and he'll send you an idea or two to get your creative juices flowing. I went with the first suggestion he sent me lol.

Thanks everyone!

Hey Uma, thanks for the review! You were saying those are metal enclosures? That looks like a plastic 2xAA project box. If they are metal, I'm definitively interested!

So, I went over and read the first post and... You're Right!! It is a plastic 2xAA project box. Here's his words: .7 Illuminated Bottomfeeder...Made from a 2x AA Battery Box...Takes 1 14500 battery...510 connector...Master on/off switch...$40.00 shipped USA.

I hope a Forum Mod can change that blurb in my OP.

• 1 month later...

Update: It's been over a month (about 6 weeks?) and it's still working great!! It's more than paid for itself already, and I am definitly sold on juice boxes, especially the bottom feeders like this one is. I plan on purchasing a back-up one and then splurging on an Ali'i and a Reo Grand. It's a no brainer.

:thumbsup: I agree with you on this one. The bottom feeder juice boxes are great!! A backup is a must - as you well know. And the splurge on the Ali'i will be well worth it, too. :yes I hope you can splurge very soon.

Now THIS is intriguing. So tell me what the benefit is with bottom feeders, besides the fact that you don't have to top off etc?

Do you attach, then, a 510 atty on it? (llowering my head in shame that I feel so dumb with these questions) :unsure:

No shame at all. Yes, it takes a 510 atty.

To me, the benefit is that you don't have to carry around a bottle of juice separately. The juice is next to the battery inside the box. You don't have to drip either, which means you don't have to remove the cap from the juice, drip, then replace the cap. I find that I save a lot of time and never spill liquid. It's great for driving, too. I have two of the juice boxes that Uma mentioned and switch between them. I have one flavor in each one. Those juice boxes come with an eyelet in the top of them and you can get a lanyard to attach to the eyelet and then wear it around your neck. That comes in very handy when driving - you never drop it on the floor.

When using a bottom feeder you can leave your extra bottles of juice at home when you run your errands because a bottle of juice is right inside the contraption ready for a squeeze. You just squeeze as needed before a vape. (just don't squeeze when atty is hot from a vape or it will blow the atty, same as with direct dripping in that respect).

The bottom feeders don't have a tube sticking out to catch on things like top feeders do.

You never have to take the time to uncap, drip, recap your bottles. (just fill up the bottle that comes inside it once or twice a day depending).

If you get one with a 510 connection, you can run regular 510's and 306 and LR of both. I prefer mine with a Cisco LR 306 atty and believe it or not, I'm still vaping on the same LR that I put in the 2nd day of use. (I blew my first one on the first day by squeezing when hot).

The tiny OG (stu's illuminated juice box by OldGoat Ron) is extremely portable. I wear it on a Lanyard and tuck it in my shirt pocket as well when busy).

The Ali'i is one to use at the desk or LR... it's big and beautiful, made from gorgeous wood and holds more juice so you can watch movies galore without worry.

The ReosMod is made out of metal and is considered a workhorse and comes in many sizes.. mini, regular and grand... with bottles and batteries to match each size.

My OG takes a tiny 3ml bottle and a 6-8 hr battery.

Ali'i takes a 6ml or is it 10ml??? bottle... and an all day battery (2 days, but not as great on 2nd day, so charge every day if possible)

Reo takes all of the above.

They are great.

haha Nana, that does sound so tempting doesn't it. I hope he offers them up for sale this year.

Oh, and the Integrity. I'm getting one of those for sure for hubby who is in the truck a lot. It is a juicebox with a USB.

@Nanna... yes! exactly like that. Once you have one, you can't go back...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines