How To Make A Pt

Prouddad

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not what he meant at all, but I couldn't resist. :innocent:

WOW thanks I get it now. "A" you cleared it all up for me, to build one you need $24! :veryangry::lol: I had three already in a month and all broke, they are all made flimsy. I just figured someone made one very strong "Hell" people make mods out of toilet paper roll's. :wine:

You had three pass through batteries die in a month?! Holy crap, man! I'm really sorry. I imagine you've contacted the vendors about it? I gave one from here at VT to my cousin about three weeks ago, it's still going strong. But she was only a half pack a day smoker, so I don't think she uses it too heavily, I mean, only in the car, when at the computer a few hours a day, and on breaks from work. Good luck, prouddad, on your quest for a better made PT device. Sorry for being snarky.

You had three pass through batteries die in a month?! Holy crap, man! I'm really sorry. I imagine you've contacted the vendors about it? I gave one from here at VT to my cousin about three weeks ago, it's still going strong. But she was only a half pack a day smoker, so I don't think she uses it too heavily, I mean, only in the car, when at the computer a few hours a day, and on breaks from work. Good luck, prouddad, on your quest for a better made PT device. Sorry for being snarky.

Nooo stop It I was laughing my --- off ! Yeah two PT where automatic ones and I was dripping thats how they broke and the third one I pulled it out of the car charger to fast. I was late picking up the kids from school. :thumbsup:

User error? And you thought my response was funny?! Well, then, snark back on in full effect! Maybe put some duct tape around the cord so it doesn't get damaged too badly from yanking on your new one. From here at VT. For $24. Duct tape is maybe 24¢. Best and vape on!

User error? And you thought my response was funny?! Well, then, snark back on in full effect! Maybe put some duct tape around the cord so it doesn't get damaged too badly from yanking on your new one. From here at VT. For $24. Duct tape is maybe 24¢. Best and vape on!

LOL So many things I use Duct tape on, but for yanking I don't think I would. :innocent:

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is really nothing to them, and they don't require much soldering either.

My first, powered by a modem power supply (5.1V@2A) I had laying around. Gives me a measured 4.5V with a Joye atty.

PT_budget.JPG

The advantage of a modem/router power supply, hardwired, is that all the current should make it to the atty . No additional resistance due to USB connectors/thin wires. You can find router 5V@2.5A router Power Supplies on Ebay for about $10. These will give true 5V with Joye atties and run 1.5Ω LR atties at a nice ~3.7V.

My latest, this is USB equipped, using a 2000mA adapter. This gives me a measured ~4.15V with a Joye atty (I kept the USB cable to ~28").

PT_fono.JPG

PT_side.JPG

The pics should be self explanatory, there's not much to them.

Some sort of stress relief where the cable enters is a good idea. Top is just 2 layers of heat shrink, bottom is air-line tubing (some adhesive was added later).