Determining My 2Nd Unit Before 1St One Arrives

TroopX

After trying an e-cig, I'm pretty much convinced this will help me quit analogs. After being sold on the idea, I waded through tons of information and sales pitches from distributors. Unfortunately, I ordered the green smoke. After the fact, I realize that in the least, battery life and TH will likely be major issues for me- moreso on the battery life. My order is coming with 25 cartos which I hope to use up and return the product within the 30 day return period. On to the future...

I'm still not sure what to get for a PV. Here's what I think my priorities are:

Battery life of at least close to a full day from 1 battery

Durability

Size and weight to a degree

TH

I'm not as concerned that it looks like an analog anymore, so no worries there.

I'm researching both the Ego (or Ego-T) and the SB as of now. I think I'd like the size of the Ego better, but have concerns about the button durability and battery life. Any thoughts?

Misc:

Juice- For now, I'm going for the analog taste, medium to full tobacco flavor. Any thoughts on what/where to buy?

I realize that these questions are likely common from ever vape noob, and even read through the forums- but couldn't quite find the answers. Sorry, and thanks in advance.

definitely recommend the ego !!! the 900 or 1000+mah will give you all day battery life. very durable and reliable. excellent place to begin the vaping journey. The Ego used 510 atomizers or cartomizers--great for throat hit.

sorry not much help with tobacco flavors--moved away from them a long time ago. I hear great things about the VT stores dulcis and exotic tobacco flavors.

sorry about greensmoke--but at least it piqued your interest......

Welcome...I have to agree with the eGo. I have several and they really do work well. The battery will last about 6-8hrs if you're a moderate vapor.

Or you can go with the usb eGo so you can charge it while vaping at your computer then put on the end cap and you're ready to go.

Although there are many look-a-likes I haven't heard too much about them as far as durability. So do some more research if that's the way you want to go. Also the eGo batteries have a 6mo warranty so that may be something to think about.

Either way...good luck on the hunt. Also...the VT tobacco is a good choice...and I've heard good reviews about the Boba's Bounty.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Edited by snubber

After trying an e-cig, I'm pretty much convinced this will help me quit analogs. After being sold on the idea, I waded through tons of information and sales pitches from distributors. Unfortunately, I ordered the green smoke. After the fact, I realize that in the least, battery life and TH will likely be major issues for me- moreso on the battery life. My order is coming with 25 cartos which I hope to use up and return the product within the 30 day return period. On to the future...

I'm still not sure what to get for a PV. Here's what I think my priorities are:

Battery life of at least close to a full day from 1 battery

Durability

Size and weight to a degree

TH

I'm not as concerned that it looks like an analog anymore, so no worries there.

I'm researching both the Ego (or Ego-T) and the SB as of now. I think I'd like the size of the Ego better, but have concerns about the button durability and battery life. Any thoughts?

Misc:

Juice- For now, I'm going for the analog taste, medium to full tobacco flavor. Any thoughts on what/where to buy?

I realize that these questions are likely common from ever vape noob, and even read through the forums- but couldn't quite find the answers. Sorry, and thanks in advance.

First I will consider a self feeding Box Mod they are small in size give a great TH. You can use a BRC 18650 3000mAh battery that would last you all day long. Thats what I am using and it's been going great. I started off with the D808 e cig and by two weeks I wanted something stronger and that lasted all day. For the juice I also didn't like all the sweet flavors out there,I wanted something close to a real cigarette. So other members told me to try Vapor Talk Dulcis E Liquid

and also try Boba's Bounty from avejuice.com and so far to me they taste great and close to real cigs. I hope you can get something out of what I suggested. Welcome to VT

I am going to throw my hat in the ring for the eGo, but there is nothing wrong with the others.

I can tell you this. DEATH to those who touch my eGo. LOL... For a starter kit the eGo has it all for hardware. The choices for Juice (software) there are a million vendors.

You can't go wrong by selecting any one of the vendors listed here on the forum. http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/forum/189-supporting-suppliers/

Make sure you read The Noobie Guide by Jolly

Welcome to Vapor Talk.

I think the eGo just about fits what you are wanting right now. Although - just so you know - the eGo battery does not even come close to lasting all day for me. I know everyone is different and it does last some people that long, but I just wanted you to know that it might not last that long for you.

As far as the SB goes, other than being considerably larger in size, it would also fit what you are wanting. When I use the 18650 batteries in it, I get at least a day and a half of vaping. I love that. The size isn't uncomfortable for me at all. It's still a nice fit in my hand. It is heavier also, but that's because it's such a powerhouse. It's well made and very durable.

Good luck with what ever you choose. You really can't go wrong with either one.

For my first e-cig, I am using SmokeTips reg 16mg flavor cartimizer and like it alot. I want to refill the cartimizers a couple of times after they dry up. Does anyone know what I could use that has a good tobacco flavor? I used to smoke Marlboro reds.

I just ordered the volcano inferno. Price was easy enough to try. Now I should be getting that and the greensmoke product the same day. ...still looking for refillable cartomizers (volcano was sold out) and more juice. Thanks again for the input- I think I essentially got the ego but we'll see.

I just ordered the volcano inferno. Price was easy enough to try. Now I should be getting that and the greensmoke product the same day. ...still looking for refillable cartomizers (volcano was sold out) and more juice. Thanks again for the input- I think I essentially got the ego but we'll see.

I suggest a lr cartomizer, preferably boge (they have a silver threading). It'll produce better vapor, with and easier draw; over the standard cartomizers using a 3.7v battery.

Day 1 observations:

Greensmoke red label tobacco flavor is pretty bad. I swear I can taste dried urine. It tastes like a truckstop bathroom urinal smells. I might have a hard time killing the battery with this flavor. Anyone want to buy 20 of these cartos for the greensmoke?

I am dripping volcano's "tobacco" flavor in the Volcano Inferno. It's a step up in flavor and almost usable- but tastes like corn. The unit itself is a keeper so far. I'm waiting for a few juices from VT and hoping they are more pleasant.

Haven't smoked an analog yet today, and I am normally at 1.5- 2 packs/day. This thing might actually work.

I quit Marlboro the moment I bought the SmokeTip reg flavor 16mg. I was a pack to 2 pack aday smoker. I saw the green smoke and passed it up for SmokeTip because it was a better deal and the cartidges were cheaper. I ordered some Vapor Talk Tobacco E Liquid and hope its good.

I quit Marlboro the moment I bought the SmokeTip reg flavor 16mg. I was a pack to 2 pack aday smoker. I saw the green smoke and passed it up for SmokeTip because it was a better deal and the cartidges were cheaper. I ordered some Vapor Talk Tobacco E Liquid and hope its good.

It's a great feeling- isn't it?!

Yes it is, Its been just 4 weeks and I can breath better, no more weezing, no more coughing up some nasty stuff and I am getting my breath back. I can now use the snow shovel instead of the snow blower to get some exercise without getting out of breath.

Sorry the flavors are so nasty !! The VT flavors will open up a whole new world. Your taste buds will be going through some serious changes in the next few weeks. The tobacco flavors were never quite right for me--I moved away from them fairly quickly after starting vaping. Takes a little bit to get all the bits and pieces together to find your 'sweet' spot.

BTW--Love your Avatar !!!! Great Dane??

I'm a Mastiff owner--Love big, big Dogs.

Sorry the flavors are so nasty !! The VT flavors will open up a whole new world. Your taste buds will be going through some serious changes in the next few weeks. The tobacco flavors were never quite right for me--I moved away from them fairly quickly after starting vaping. Takes a little bit to get all the bits and pieces together to find your 'sweet' spot.

BTW--Love your Avatar !!!! Great Dane??

I'm a Mastiff owner--Love big, big Dogs.

I don't think I'll be a fan of the flavored/sweet stuff, but I did grab a vt grape to test. You never know. I hear the dulcis is a bit sweet, but I had to see what everyone is raving about. Hopefully tomorrow. All in all, I'm digging vaping and think I might have found the "way out" regarding analogs.

Yes- Avatar is a dane. Love them too!

hey man, I'm a recent convert with the same previous habit as you, although I was a Marlboro 100 guy cause I took hefty pulls and liked the slightly larger filter so it wouldn't heat up as much.

My first thought was TOBACCO FLAVOR!!!!!! and the second I had VT-Sweet Dawn I became a sweetie convert. I hated Menthol cigs, but LOVE Mentha/Mint juices.

My n00b recommendation here is that this is a whole new ballgame you're stepping into here. Let the old flavor habits die and experiment across the board, I've found that I'm vaping things I would have mocked someone for in the past and it's broadened my horizons insanely.

Welcome brotha :thumbup:

hey man, I'm a recent convert with the same previous habit as you, although I was a Marlboro 100 guy cause I took hefty pulls and liked the slightly larger filter so it wouldn't heat up as much.

My first thought was TOBACCO FLAVOR!!!!!! and the second I had VT-Sweet Dawn I became a sweetie convert. I hated Menthol cigs, but LOVE Mentha/Mint juices.

My n00b recommendation here is that this is a whole new ballgame you're stepping into here. Let the old flavor habits die and experiment across the board, I've found that I'm vaping things I would have mocked someone for in the past and it's broadened my horizons insanely.

Welcome brotha :thumbup:

Thanks Wonka.

I'm going in with an open mind. ...really hoping the new flavors come in today.

So I've been using two different devices and found that I've almost lit the cig looking one 4 times so far out of habit. Gotta keep lighters further away until I ship that one back.

For cartomizers.... if you want tons of vapor try a site called IkenVape.com They sell medium range, low resistance cartos and atomizers (for dripping). They are 2 Ohm and are amazing. Really well made. You'll be spoiled really fast. they also have 302 atomizers, which fit on a 510 but have a different design. Really fair price too.

I just recieved my first order of e-liquid and I hate it. I am looking for an e-liquid that has a sweet taste. Does anyone know what flavor has a sweet taste to it?

For sweetness, I gotta say the VT-Sweet Dawn is my absolute favorite right now. I actually need to reorder a bunch. The first pull and the exhale through my nose it was like.. man just eating a pear it was beautiful. I'll also highly recommend the VT AppleDapple and the Grape.

Also, Windy City Vapor sent me a free bottle of their Peach and it tastes and smells just like those gummy peach rings. Quite a TH as well.

What liquids do you have that you hate?