So Many E-Cigs. How To Choose

jillp

I need help picking out an ecig. I currently have a KR808D-1. I would like to know what the difference is between that and the KR808-1 or the DSE901.

I thought perhaps I could try something different but how do you know what will fit with my charger, is the battery life longer? To start reading about all the choices is mind boggling. Also when ordering ejuice, what is the difference between the base types.

I need help picking out an ecig. I currently have a KR808D-1. I would like to know what the difference is between that and the KR808-1 or the DSE901.

I thought perhaps I could try something different but how do you know what will fit with my charger, is the battery life longer? To start reading about all the choices is mind boggling. Also when ordering ejuice, what is the difference between the base types.

Jillp first welcome to VT from Boston, we are glad you found us. Jillp take a look at this, this post is amazing and will answer a lot of your questions. It was written by one of our members.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/forum/55-noobie-questions-and-help/

My husband and I use the KR808D devices also, mostly because we wanted to be able to use the cartomizers and NOT have to mess around with atomizers and caps and all this other BS. HOWEVER, the battery life sucks. I use the XL batteries which have far longer life than the minis and long ones, BUT that is still ridiculous for me because I go through 6 batteries in no time and only have 2 chargers. My husband is a MUCH lighter vaper, so he doesn't have near the problem I do. 90% of the time I use a passthrough on my laptop which is far stronger plus of course charging isn't an issue. But I hate when I am in a hospital or have to go to a dr appt or anything where I am away from home longer than say an hour, the constant changing of batteries, ugh, sucks. I am looking at the elegant easy XXLfrom cigeasy.com it has a 1300mah battery as compared to the 380mah in an XL battery, so obviously it should last like almost 4 times as long.....HOWEVER, yes, you do need a different charger, because it is a much bigger battery. BUT it uses the 808 cartos, which would be great. HOWEVER, you need this cone part with it to have it look nice BUT they don't have the cones???!!!!! Like stupid.

Our issue is this....we have been using the 808 for a year and have literally like a thousand cartos, and with boiling, soaking in everclear, etc. they are good as new. In the entire year only lost like 10 of them. I just can't see wasting all those cartos by changing to another device. I don't want to use adapters and all that either to make them fit on another battery because so many people say you lose power, like less strength, vape, etc. I have talked to a ton of ppl, some say you lose power to totally NOT use an adapter, then others say no you don't lose power, so I can't figure it out at all.

SO we have decided to go the mod route. There is a great guy that is on the forum, Jolly, (and others, he just happens to be who I started talking to first) that make mods, and he is making me a 5v variable voltage wetbox (so I can vape at less than 5 volts if that is too strong) with batteries that will last at LEAST a day, maybe longer, with how I vape I doubt longer, but hey, all day would be GREAT. It is a wetbox, which if you don't know what it is google it....and he is fitting it to fit the 808 cartos. That is my hang up, I refuse to toss hundreds of cartos and switch to some totally different device....I just hate waste, LOL. Originally, for months, I said no way would I use a mod because I wanted the e cig to resemble a cigarette, HOWEVER, now I just want the batteries to last longer than 30 minutes. I just hate the constantly having a pile of dead batteries, etc. Anyway, I definitely understand where you are coming from. It is like you don't want to have to buy EVERYTHING all new from scratch....you just really want a strong long lasting battery, BUT the battery life is directly related to it's size, so either you will have to get a new charger or new cartos or something. I figure the charger is only a $10-15 item....whereas 500 cartos are worth like near a thousand bucks (with shipping)....so it is the cartos that are more important to me. I did consider going with the ego 510 route with an adapter to use the 808 cartos, but I just don't want to take the chance of it being super weak with the adapter. With the mod I have to use a diff charger but it is $15, but that will allow me to use my literally couple grand in cartos.

Good luck finding something new, I definitely understand!!! My best advice, is just research. Read the boards, google, ask questions, etc. look at the power of the battery, NOT how long the person selling it says it lasts. If one battery is for example 200 mah and another is 400 then you could expect it to last roughly twice as long, from what I understand...ASSUMING you aren't using adapters for cartos and stuff like that which would make you vape more, therefore reducing life....which is why I don't want to mess with adapters. I wish that elegant easy XXL from Cigeasy had the cone available because I think the one in gold is really pretty looking. But that cone piece not being available, it has to look like crap....like something is missing. Stupid they don't have the cone. It would be awesome to have a battery that is 1300 mah!!!! Compared to these stupid little 808 sticks it would have to be like night and day!!! Again, good luck!!!

Yeah welcome to VT and I will make a suggestion on what kind of e cig you should buy, most people who have been around will tell you to buy an eGo kit, reason why is the battery life is about 6-8 hours long on every charge, this is good because you are not switching out batteries every half an hour like with your basic stick batteries on the KR808's or DSE901's or even the standard 510, the eGo is a little thicker and has a cone to cover atomizer, looks like a cigar or spliff (also check vids on youtube or pics here at the VT store), its a 510 atomizer connection witch is IMHO the best atty around, best of all is the 3.7 volts, its way stronger than the stick batteries and gives you massive amounts of vapor, after I bought mine about 8 months ago I didn't smoke a "real cig" for 3 1/2 months straight, and I smoked 40 cigs a day back then, basiclly everyone on this forum will tell you to get it, plus its at a great price 70 bucks and alot will throw you some juice in it as well, I think Chris does that still here at the VT store, check it out and good luck jillp :beer: PS: they also sell 510 cartomizers for the eGo at the store here and alot of other places for like $1.50 a piece, I use 510 cartomizers on my eGo and it is definatly hands down the greatest and inexpensive way to vape, especially after a KR808, thats what I had before my eGo!!!!

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

• 3 months later...

Hi Juliery,

The Riva 901 uses the exact same cone (and is the exact same battery as the Elegant Easy). These cones are widely available. The color for the replacement for a Pearlized gold cone would be titanium color from other vendors. I got mine at Liberty-flights.com The Riva 901 also comes in silver, white and pink. I have seen the battries and cones available lots of places. I purchased a Riva 901 just to see if it was different from the Elegants I had and also to get an extra cone. The batteries are identical in every way except they don't have Elegant stamped on the tip and yes, the cones are interchangeable.