Jargon For Noobs

brijmin

I didn't see it in the noobie area, but then I was probably not paying attention, so I think a good idea to have it in multiple places. Better to have it posted too many times than not enough. I knew all the terms, but when I think of a PV, I think of the larger things which I guess are really just vaporizers, to smoke weed. I know several people that use like the little volcanoes and stuff. I always say e cig, but then I usually call a regular cigarette a smoke or cig, because analog, just seems so goofy since it is in no way any kind of electronic device....like on a radio an analog tuner vs a digital tuner, they are both electronic, but still diff from each other, where an e cig and a cig are TOTALLY different from each other, in my opinion. The only thing that is the same is the fact you are inhaling and exhaling, but it isn't always even a nicotine containing juice. So normally I would say they each contain nicotine but since people vape 0mg that isn't really true. In a chat or board then I will say a reg cig meaning a regular/real cigarette vs an e cig. I wonder who started calling them analogs, weird. I think it is amazing just in the year I/we (my husband vapes too) have been vaping how many more devices and how much more sophisticated and powerful they are. It is really interesting to watch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would add the term "nicostick", which is pretty much a homemade or self-assembled electronic cigarette.

I believe the nicostick is a box mod (created my nicoworlf on ECF) and would be covered by MOD. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PM = Private Message

It allows you to send a private message to anyone on the forum. Kind of like an email but contained within the forum.

Is this done from the persons profile page?

I really am a newbie.

Crap, I just noticed that Jolly had these in his Sticky http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/8803-the-noobie-guide/.

Feel free to delete. :wallbash:

Oh please don't remove it! I keep forgetting I use a cargo.

I forget a lot of things but this forum can't help with those. <g>

Is this done from the persons profile page?

I really am a newbie.

From a message thread, under the members Avatar (pic), there is an icon that looks like an envelope. If you click that a box will appear to send a message. From a members profile, on the left and under the pic, there is the same icon. Click the icon and the message box will appear.

Also form your profile you can go to your messenger area and in the right hand corner there is a box to create new message. You then enter the members name in the send to area.

Pretty simple. Give it a try and send me a PM. :)