Wetbox Broken/not Firing

I have had a 3.7v wetbox for about 6weeks and love it. Today it quit firing. I tested it on a multimeter and it is reading 4.1volts when the button is pressed. When I connect a carto it will not fire. I tried three different cartos 2 regular and 1 LR none fire on the wetbox but work fine on my Ego. I also swapped batteries to just to make sure. I'm not sure whats going on, it shows 4.1volts on a meter with no resistance but once a carto is connected, nothing. The connections are clean. Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi Madhatter

First thing to do is make SURE that the atty connection on the box is clean. If thats not the problem , try to pull the battery spring up (stretch it) so that the battery fits more snug. Most times for me its the battery not being snug that ends up being the problem. I've also come to the conclusion that using LR atties is a no/no...I've burnt a few Wetbox's out using LR. Hope this helps GL.

he has the same missy wetbox as you.

where are you testing the voltage, at the spring or at the threads of the 510 (or w/e thread fittings are there).

you need to test on the threads (if you aren't), and the center post inside the threads.

if no reading then test it from the wire that connects to the switch from the batteries and neg to battery. if that works then the switch is blown.

missy uses junk switches and 9 of 10 times they fry and need replaced.

if that isn't the issue meter all areas and then meter your attys/cartos on 200 ohm to see what rating they show.

Hi Jolly

I am testing the voltage at the 510 threads. I just don't understand why I get 4volts at the thread and nothing when I attach the cartos. The LR cartos I have read 1.8ohm and the regular cartos read 3.5ohm on my meter. I wish the wetbox was a little better quality because I love setup with the juice feeder.

It sounds like the connector pin may be depressed some. Usually if you wiggle it with a screwdriver (gently try to lift the center pin), it will come up some. I don't have a wetbox, and I'm not sure how it works with the feeding tube, but I've had this problem occasionally with my Joker and Silver Bullet and lifting the center post works every time.

I didn't realize the center connector pin wasn't fixed on the connector! That really got my hopes up and had to be the problem, why else would I get voltage on a meter but nothing on a carto. That however did not fix the problem, nothing on 2 good cartos. I still get 4.14volts steady on the meter, I keep checking on a meter to make sure I don't have an intermittent switch problem.

Thanks Brian

You can also use a paper clip to pull down the connector on the carto. Worth a try. I've had a few cartos that I've had to do that with. Stick a paper clip in the hole and try to wiggle it down some. Don't shove it to far in, just enough to get some leverage on it. Really sounds like it's not making a connection.

if trying to get the center contact to adjust doesn't work, try removing the wet part of the box and using it as a regular 3.7v device.

what i am thinking is MAYBE the needle is grounding out the atty/carto. so before you even get power to the coil the battery shuts down as soon as you hit the switch.

Thanks for suggestions.

I have tried all of your suggestions. I was sure it just wasn't making good contact, but have had absolutely no luck. I've tried three different batteries, pulling the center connections out more so they make a good connection and removed the juice feeder. It just doesn't make sense to me. I have other things to do today, but later I will pull apart an old carto and test from that to make sure there is a good connection between the 510 connector and the carto.

Is it possible that the switch or button is bad so that it will pass 4v with no resistance but once resistance is applied it doesn't deliver enough amperage or voltage to fire up the coil?

no if the threads area is getting 4v, then the box is working as it should.

heres something i forgot. some of my old cartos have the middle round positive pin leaning more twd one side than the other.

if i don't first push it over and then screw it in lightly it will not fire up.

what was happing is the + center and - wall were coming into contact before the coil when i screwed it in.

i have since toss those ones out but check that also.

Here is something else you can try to get more answers. Whith the box open and the carto connected, probe the positive and nevitive from the inside and fire it. It probably won't be easy to do without the probes shorting it, and you might need a second set of hands. This way you can see what is happening to the voltage with the carto connected and with the carto off.

If you are getting 4v both with the carto disconnected and also with it connected, then the carto isn't making contact. If the voltage is being dragged down with the carto connected, then it is either the switch or the battery. It would be normal for the voltage to dip by a half a volt there and abouts, but if it drops singificatly then the carto won't fire.

• 2 months later...