The Tourist - Ecig In A Feature Film?

BirdDog

Actually found this interview on another forum. This confirms that it is an ecig! Not real sure if I like his quote but hey what can you do? Hold on to your pants Forum! If this movie (opens Dec. 10th) actually does well, it is possible things may pick up around here. I don't know about you all, but I am really glad to see this happen.

Interview with Johnny Depp

Your character in this movie is not Johnny Depp cool; how did you figure out what you wanted to do with this character?

JD: The idea was to make him really the everyman of the movie, the math teacher who doesn't have particular highs or particular lows in his life and has a slight amount of OCD in his weird routines. [i wanted to] take this normal guy and put him in these high-stakes situations that were less than normal. The electronic cigarette was the device that would ring the alarm that he's in panic mode.

It's an electronic cigarette. You can tell just by the way Johnny Depp holds it. Almost nobody holds a cigarette in the middle. (Think about it you always hold your cigarette either on the filter or a quarter of an inch past the filter at most, usually.) He's doing this because the e cigarette is heavy. The model he is using is an RN4081. That model is pretty heavy, this the reason he holds it in the middle. Add in no cherry, no lingering smoke and you've got your self an ecig :)

Yeah its a e-cig, Johnny depp is just the type of off the wall actor that would incorperate vaping into the movie and letting the director/producers let him pull it off without it initially being in the script, though im suprised a e-cig wasn't debuted in a futuristic sci-fi type movie, seems a tornado or joker would be a good fit in a futuristic style movie, probably next to come....