Diy-How To Basics

kitsune

Lorann: Candy Flavoring. Very concentrated flavoring. Best for sweet flavors.

2. Can be purchased from the Lorann site. Avoid Flavors that are oil based. If you click on the 'item detail' button it will tell you if it is water soluble or insoluble. You want only water soluble flavorings. The oils can burn out the atomizer and are harder to mix.

2. Can be purchased from the Lorann site. Avoid Flavors that are oil based. If you click on the ‘item detail’ button--it will tell you if it is water soluble or insoluble. You want only water soluble flavorings. The oils can burn out the atomizer and are hard to mix. Lorann

3. Can Also be purchased from many vaping suppliers that carry DIY supplies. DIY flavorshack Totally wicked

FlavourArt: Food Flavoring. Very wide selection of flavorings. Not as concentrated as Lorann, but has a wider variety of flavoring and less artificial coloring. Variety of Tobacco flavorings.

Freedomsmokeusa and liberty flights both carry a very good selection of FlavourArt flavorings.

Freedomsmokeusa

:Liberty-Flights

Decadent Vapors/Totally Wicked: The Decadent vapor line is produced in the UK.

Decadent Vapors

There are other products and suppliers out there. These are just the ones I use most often and am familiar with.

Schilling and Mccormick flavorings will also work--they are just not as concentrated.

"With the menthol--using just 1-2 drops/3ml will give a nice cool throat hit without tasting like menthol."

I cannot stress this tip enough!! I literally do this with every single juice I mix up... or for another option, I will add it to pre-mixed e-juice that I have already bought from a supplier that's just sitting in my stash of "ok" juices. (this will often times make them great to vape!) AND, to kick all of this up a notch... I will often times use cinnamon concentrate in the same exact fashion! Great tips Kits!! :thumbsup:

+1 !!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I had wanted to put something together sooner--but I am very, very good at procrastination. I love being able to share DIY. I'm looking forward to seeing some new recipes.......

DayVape--I always forget about cinnamon. Just added some to an apple pie mix I made--just the perfect touch. Thanks.thumbsup.gif

I promise you won't end up with menthol liquid. The trick is only a couple drops. I usually add about 3-4 drops/5ml. I was never a menthol smoker and never even really cared for menthol--still don't really. A 5 ml bottle of flavourart menthol has lasted me almost a year.

It's a mental issue - I can't seem to stop with only a few drops of anything! LOL! I KNOW that 3-4 drops of tobacco flavorings is perfect for the mix I use and it's alway the last thing I put in. However, once I get to drop 4, I always have to add another two drops. I can't help it. :wallbash:

Now everyone can see why I've been calling you the "Queen" of mixing. Our resident "mixologist".

This is great information Kitsune a really great post.

Anyone who is interested in mixing will do wonders if they just pay attention.

I for one am grateful to you for your help and information. A big +1

Keep up the good work.thumbsup.gif

:unworthy: Fantastic Kitsune!!! :unworthy:

I only wish I had something worthwhile to add to this.

You do! Any juice will do... honestly.

Like she said... it doesn't make it "menthol juice"... just adds a perfect little kick. Trust the QUEEN.

EDIT: I thought you meant you didn't have a juice to add any to. My bad. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Kitsune, I think you may have created a mixing monster!! With all the talk, great advice, recipe calculators, and where to go for larger quantities of Nic Juice at a good price (Thanks Brian-another forum on this board, the weekend after thanksgiving will be one of trial and error.

After scouring all the stores around here for Lorann's, bottles, etc etc.. I resorted to two hours of online hunting and shopping!

Let me know if I've left anything out of my "basket"

-Nic Juice 48mg, 125 ML

-20 10ml bottles

-5 Lorann flavors - none with oil- I like sweet so (Grape, coconut, crem de menth, rootbeer, chocolate)- Hoping for "Mounds" flavor with the chocolate and coconut (oh and wiltons clear vanalla extract- water, alcohol, artificial flavors)- they had that at Michael's- is it okay to use??

-177 ML Humco VG

I've vaped so much today through all of this that I'm on my 3rd ego battery!!

LOL--sounds like you will be having fun. You have a good set up to get started. The Wiltons vanilla extract work great.

can't wait to hear how your creations turn out !!!

I love being able to change flavors to suit my taste.

Just be extremely careful with the 48mg/ml--getting it on your skin can cause you to feel sick--wash immediately or wear gloves. small spills can be lethal to animals and make small children very, very ill.

Merry Mad Mixing !!!!

• 1 month later...

Kitsune, I think you may have created a mixing monster!! With all the talk, great advice, recipe calculators, and where to go for larger quantities of Nic Juice at a good price (Thanks Brian-another forum on this board, the weekend after thanksgiving will be one of trial and error.

After scouring all the stores around here for Lorann's, bottles, etc etc.. I resorted to two hours of online hunting and shopping!

Let me know if I've left anything out of my "basket"

-Nic Juice 48mg, 125 ML

-20 10ml bottles

-5 Lorann flavors - none with oil- I like sweet so (Grape, coconut, crem de menth, rootbeer, chocolate)- Hoping for "Mounds" flavor with the chocolate and coconut (oh and wiltons clear vanalla extract- water, alcohol, artificial flavors)- they had that at Michael's- is it okay to use??

-177 ML Humco VG

I've vaped so much today through all of this that I'm on my 3rd ego battery!!

I know this is a pretty late response, but how is your juice going? I would add something to your kit--sweetener. I personally am a huge fan of Perfumer's Apprentice/Flavor Apprentice sweetener, which, if I remember correctly, is sucralose.

I know this is a pretty late response, but how is your juice going? I would add something to your kit--sweetener. I personally am a huge fan of Perfumer's Apprentice/Flavor Apprentice sweetener, which, if I remember correctly, is sucralose.

Thanks MaryAnn. I've got that on my list! I haven't done much mixing lately....haven't had the time, plus bought the full sampler from VT! Have to vape that down before I splurge again :) Hope to see you soon! B!

• 1 month later...

So here is a question. (I can't believe I'm jumping into the DIY mix - blame Nana for this one.) In my head I can figure out how to mix the flavorings, and then aadd that at, say, 30% to my nic base.

Is there a general "base" recipe if I usually vape a 70/30 mix at like 24 mg? Actually I want to go down in nic but a general idea would help.

If I had that, then I could add the flavoring, figuring in that that would dilute the nic further. Right?

You start with the nic juice you have... say you have 10ml of 24mg juice. 10ml X 24mg = 240mg of nic in the bottle. If you add 2ml of no nic flavoring, you still have 240mg of nice, but in 12ml instead of 10ml. So, divide the 240mg by 12ml and you have 20mg per ml.