Diy-How To Basics

kitsune

That really does sound strange. Not sure if possibly the wrong strength of nicotine or possibly a strange reaction to one of the flavors.....

If you already diluted it down, I would lean toward a reaction to one of the flavors. If you are still getting strong throat hit....maybe try diluting a bit more and see how that works.

• 5 months later...

Someone mentioned coffee so I made some with coffee grounds and heated it with a small amount glycerin, then strained it to get a very dark flavor I added some stevia & the coffee to a VG base and no nicotine.. I think I got a caffeine buzz.. Taste good..

Edited by crowsnake

Someone mentioned coffee so I made some with coffee grounds and heated it with a small amount glycerin, then strained it to get a very dark flavor I added some stevia & the coffee to a VG base and no nicotine.. I think I got a caffeine buzz.. Taste good..

Be careful with that coffee mix, it can gunk up your coil fast and burn it out. ;)

So far so good, I only out a few strained drops in the bottle. It actually taste more like a cig than I'm used too. Might be clogging tho little harder drag..

QUESTION what about flavors based in VG with only a little acohol in it? Our Chinise market has them cheap, they are natural and mostly VG. Considering you only put a few drops in your mix. Will the acohol hurt anything.

Use vodka you'll be fine I use Absolute some use Everclear either one will do. I stay away from the cheap stuff for juices. I save the cheap stuff for atty cleaner. ;)

Bought a half gallon for cleaning tanks and such, lady looked at me funny. Got an even funnier look when I said I wasn't going to drink it.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if my taste buds are revolting or I'm doing something wrong. Been playing with DIY for a short while and sometimes my mixes are ok, sometimes not so much. Which brings me to the question I have been pondering ....... is there a point at which a flavor starts "going backwards" and the finished juice mix just tastes crummy? Lately my mixes have not been tasting as good as I remember - or think they should, but people around me say the odor of the flavor is quite noticeable, and some who I allow to sample my vape, such as mixes blended with Black Cherry, Chocolate, Tosted Marshmallow, say the taste is there, sometimes to the point of being too much for them, but I can hardly taste it. I'm beginning to think it's me getting familair with the flavor to the point where my taste buds ignore it and I need to change directions for a while. I'm mixing at 20% flavor so before I go bumping up the flavor ratio I would like some guidance from some of the more experienced DIYer's.

I frequently have the same problem. sometimes if you set them aside to steep for a bit, that can help. I find when I am having trouble with my taste buds I try to mix up something new. then when I go back to my favorites they taste good again.

I vape a lot of coffee type flavors, so if I switch to fruit flavors for a few days, that seems to help reset my taste buds.

• 3 months later...

Banana will overpower most flavors. I usually only add about 3 drops to a 10ml batch otherwise its too much. I have also noticed that too much flavor doesn't necessarily ruin the juice, what will though is when you are not calculating the ratio of the juice to your PG/VG content. However, a good tip to remember is.... sometimes less is more.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very interesting read. I'll be sure to try your tip of using a very small amount of Menthol to create a less harsh hit without full menthol flavor. I'll visit my local smoke shop in the next few days to pick some up and report back with the results. Gotta finish watching my History Channel. American Revolution Patriots Rising! So far so good!!!

• 1 month later...

For obvious reasons I can't share any recipes, but I can offer advice on testing. I build a coil at 1.2-5 ohms and yes I change cotton and dry burn before each test. Also keep some coffee grounds handy to reset your taste sensors.

What happened to that BettyCrocker "CompyCrocker" Recipe Book you were working on???... ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/6/2022 at 3:37 AM, Ethan Jones said:

This looks like something I can try. Been thinking about this DIY thing for a long time. I hope this works well for me.

Give it a shot its a fun hobby