Diy-How To Basics

kitsune

“eJuice Me Up” – eJuice Calculator and recipes with multi-functions and on-line database of recipes.

This FREE software has grown considerably through user participation and suggestions.

In the short couple of months since it has become available, it has been downloaded and used by several thousands of users worldwide.

Let’s hear your views and suggestions. See and download it at: http://www.ejuice.breaktru.com

ejuice.jpg

• 8 months later...

Thats awesome! i cant wait to start. im new to vaping well about 5 days new. Ive ordered enough e-juice to last about 4 months. but when i start something i want to know everything about it. im a research hound and a big DIY guy sort of speek. i know there has to be a cheaper and easier way to do this. the instructions are gold and i cant wait to start. thanks for the great info!

DIY still remains my passion and obsession. Common sense always has to prevail. The last 2 1/2 years have brought so many changes.....its worse than computer technology (for me anyway). Currently I still stick to those vendors I have been using since (almost) the beginning of my vaping adventure. When I first started vaping, the selection and vendors was very simple and very few, now, new stuff is popping up at every corner. I figure, I might as well stick with what works for me.

I still love mixing almost as much as I love vaping.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

is there any negatives about adding too much flavoring? like shelf life or anything like that

Adding to much will get that perfume taste.

The best you can do is let us know what flavors you are playing with & we can maybe offer some suggestions

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Flavourart apple pie tastes great and I use over 20% of the total volume of the mix. Flavourart dark vapure needs only about 2%. Many Lorranne flavors are really strong also but they all vary from flavor to flavor. Most tobacco flavors are really strong. One that isn't and tastes real good to me is Flavorwest cumarin pipe which I use at 20%..

what are some good sweet flavors that dont taste too perfumy? other than fruit ones or are they all like that, i got some i think its sucralose sweetener which cut down the perfumy taste a bit, btw wheres a good place to get sweetener at a cheap cost i been using a bunch of it and im out already

what are some good sweet flavors that dont taste too perfumy? other than fruit ones or are they all like that, i got some i think its sucralose sweetener which cut down the perfumy taste a bit, btw wheres a good place to get sweetener at a cheap cost i been using a bunch of it and im out already
ding ding ding. Lol

Cut your flavoring % back and easy on the sweetener. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

I really like flavor Arts Apple Pie (one of my favorites), no perfumy taste, Flavor Art Tiramisu- also a bit sweet. Both of these I use up to 30 % flavoring and no perfume.

The most perfumy is the fruit type flavors. The best for fruit for me is Lorann watermelon--really concentrated and sweet.

I like flavor west chocolate mint...mixes great with coffee flavors.

For sweeteners, I use marshmallow flavoring. For cheaper rates you can go straight to the manufacturer...Both Perfumers apprentice and Flavor west have very good Marshmallo.

Caramel is another great sweet type flavor....perfumers apprentice and flavorart are my favorites there.

The real fruit type flavors are the hardest to mix with....they just never seem to taste quite right to me.

I really like flavor Arts Apple Pie (one of my favorites), no perfumy taste, Flavor Art Tiramisu- also a bit sweet. Both of these I use up to 30 % flavoring and no perfume.

The most perfumy is the fruit type flavors. The best for fruit for me is Lorann watermelon--really concentrated and sweet.

For sweeteners, I use marshmallow flavoring. For cheaper rates you can go straight to the manufacturer...Both Perfumers apprentice and Flavor west have very good Marshmallo.

Caramel is another great sweet type flavor....perfumers apprentice and flavorart are my favorites there.

The real fruit type flavors are the hardest to mix with....they just never seem to taste quite right to me.

Sweetener aka cotton candy aka EM

If you want real fruit flavor, try the Capellas Sweet Strawberry - a touch of em a drop of tart & sour, mix 15% and has a great flavor.

Marshmallow is a great sweetener and it also helps blend flavors especially bakery & candies.

I have never mixed anything 30% but that is just my own personal tastes. The only one close to that was loranns Bavarian cream because I mix that flavor all vg plus em.

I also use 30% on apple pie. and a drop of cinnamon and sometimes a little of something else. This is the only flavor I go that high on and it is one of my favs too. I've been meaning to get Tiramiso but I keep forgeting to add that one.

ive only been mixing 15-20% flavoring though :wallbash: i will try some different types of flavorings, all the ones i have are the TPA

Its all about personal taste. That is the best part of DIY...making to your own personal tastes. TPA has some great flavors. Mind you I have Been DIYing for 2 years and have been collecting flavors along the way. It takes a while and a bit of experimenting to find the flavors you like best.

With the fruit flavors...have you tried adding a bit of flavoring to any existing premixed liquids?

sometimes that works better than mixing from scratch.

yeah ive added some drops to some stuff i got form vendors. Also one thing I wondered about is how do you know if something needs to steep. I never understood that. I noticed some of the bottles ive made changed to a more deeper yellowish/orange color after a few days, and even though none of them are brownish in color, they leak out of my carto sometimes brown in color out the bottom :dizzy:

I don't know that there is an exact answer to steeping. some flavors get better when they have had a bit of time to sit and settle. I do notice that most of my mixes change a bit after they have sit a while, sometimes better, sometimes weaker.

personally, I don't worry much about steeping....I mix it to my taste and vape, if I need to touch it up later, then I add some more flavor or add something new.

Change in color is not uncommon. just the flavors combining or steeping I guess.

The brown color when leaking from the carto is caused by the heat from the carto...most colors darken quite a bit when heated.

Tanning of liquids is perfectly normal. As things steep and age they go rather quickly. When the supplier takes the original nic filled liquid out it has been in an airtight, dark, sealed container for awhile. They hold their life really well in amber glass, but as soon as they hit large amounts of atmosphere, and light, they change quickly. The cheap plastic they are in is also NOT intended for long term freezing or storage of 1+ years. Longer than that and the compounds will most likely leach plastic.

• 5 months later...