• 2 weeks later...

Great post Jolly!!! And to add in for the noobies, grab an ego guys! its worth it for starters! Next buy one of Jolly's tekk mods!!! Gogo!

Its agreat article on e cigarette.thanks for this information about e cigs

• 3 weeks later...

How to go about selecting a mod.

all mods that use dual batteries will give you the same vapor production.

all mods that use single battery, either boosted or not give the same vapor.

your vapor is more based off of the atty/carto ohm matched with voltage and amps used.

a boosted mod (uses single battery with higher voltage output) will produce less over all vapor above the batteries charge. this is due to the booster board drops amps to achieve higher voltage. the loss will not be huge but if you are used to something like a dual battery 5v and try a boosted you will notice boosted at 5v to be less on the th, warmth, and vapor.

the main things that you should look into, are as follows.

1.) how long do i want to go between charges

2.) do i what tube or more boxed size

3.) do i want something pretty to look at or a work horse that can get banged up (i like the work horse because sometimes i tend to drop stuff a lot)

4.) vv or single voltage

5.) price, quality, and need vs want. (what we want isn't always what we need, example: i'd like vv, but i don't need it as all my cartos are 3.2ohm and i like them on 5v just fine.)

Edited by Jolly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man after reading this I feel enlightened. I always thought mods seemed expensive, but when you only pay around %8 for such a big battery that lasts so long, it seems you would save a lot more in the long run than using even an Ego/Tornado (what I have). This has given me something to seriously think about.

Hey thanks for this. My eGo arrived in the mail last ight, I charged it while I slept, used Phee's wonderful video (thank God) and then came straight here. This is really good information and MUCH appreciated.

Everybody was a noob once! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

any advise about not getting into mods too soon? I started vaping with an eGo-T and liked it for a while, then did some shuffling around using the same battery and different tips, carto's and so on. Actually fell back into the tank once I got the basics down and got a LR atty for it. I found there is a level you need to get to before venturing off into the high performance vaping to avoid just blowing money and over doing the nicotine levels.

Me, I found the flavors are better with lower nic levels and some of my juices I get at 0 nic so I can vape like crazy and not over do it

Thanks very much for the info! I quit analog cigarettes in February of 2011 with a combination of gum and the Ploom, and now I'm looking forward to vaping with e-cigarettes. I like nicotine, but dying early wasn't on my bucket list.

Anyhow, thanks for providing the great information, and for this forum. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more.

Wow my brain is bout to blow up lol...thanks for all the info.. I got started with a discount eluma kit auto batt not too bad but cart was suppose to be a pack ...yeah right..lol. Did some research..now I'm a proud owner of a 510 but batt life is not very good... Got it from zee cogs....will a ego mag batt work on my 510 ? I need batt life as my job is desk side with no way to charge and only have two batts. Thanks for any help

All eGo batteries are 510 compatible. You can use any 510 atomizer or cartomizer on a eGo battery. You can't charge an eGo battery with a 510 battery charger. You will need to purchase an adapter or the charger specific to the eGo batteries. I recommend you use the eGo battery charger over the adapter.

All eGo batteries are 510 compatible. You can use any 510 atomizer or cartomizer on a eGo battery. You can't charge an eGo battery with a 510 battery charger. You will need to purchase an adapter or the charger specific to the eGo batteries. I recommend you use the eGo battery charger over the adapter.

Thanks for the info...so just the batts and the charger and I'm good.... I do see Liberty flights has an ego starter kit for 39.99

You also might consider the 'USB eGo'. That way you can sit at your computer and vape while plugged in... then unplug and use on the go for several hours on one charge! Just a thought. Many places sell them these days... and for $20 that's a good deal, especially if you are around a computer most of the time anyway.

For example: Ego Pass-Thru

Edited by DAYVAPE