Ladies Only!

AimeeG

Hi, I'm jumping in. When I was 36 I was having periods every other week with a heavy, heavy flow. Tried a D&C and that didn't work so I had a hystorectomy (Is that the root word for hysteric?) Wellany, that solved most of my problem. It was a partial so I still had the night sweats and hot flashes. I think I'm old enough to stop that now, I'm 63. I really can't see why the vaping would cause that type of trouble but go to your gyno to make sure. Hope everything goes okay.

Well, ladies I don't think 39 is too young, my problems started about that age, the docs kept saying it can't be hormone problems, you are too young. Well, two years of nothing but periods and bleeding and pain, I finally had a full hysterectomy. They don't tell you, you have hot flashes still, just no periods. Mine has been going on now for 7 years, but it is better I guess than what was going on before. I finally started taking bioidentical hormones and that does help a lot.

Beans, I still don't feel normal all the time or really the same, but it does get better. Besides even men get cranky, especially if they had to do all we have to do and on top of that would be expected to be nice all the time..... :hrhr:

I don't think vaping is the culprit.

39 isn't too young. i'm 32 almost 33. i have been like clockwork since i was 20 and now all of a sudden, i am irregular. a week late, a week early, some are bad, some not so bad. seems like the later i am the worse my cramping and pms are. I went to the doc about it a few months ago and he said pre-menopause. nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had a hysterectomy before I started menopause. I was 40.

I've had migraines since I was 17. I started smoking when I was 11.

Even now after all these years I'm still getting them, even with vaping.

I think it is a very misunderstood territory. Due to some of the

meds I take, I've never been prescribed Imitrex either.

Cherie

Tried topomax. Got really stupid. I would be in the middle of saying something and would forget what word I was going to use. Not good.

That's what my meds do to me now, but I need them to manage my life. :doctor:

Cherie

• 1 year later...

I'm new to this group and I see this topic is old but I had to reply because when I stared vaping in Nov. and quit cig's cold turkey I didn't have a period for 3 months. I thought for sure I was pregnant and spent a fortune on pregnancy tests only to find they were all negative. Needless to say I was so concerned that I went to my retailer for my vaping supplies and spoke to the wife she said she didn't have any changes in her cycle but she thought it may be due to no longer smoking cigs. Needless to say my periods came back but my husband and I both still suffer from hot flashes and we notice it's always shortly after vaping.

• 4 weeks later...

I would talk to your doctor, first and foremost.

Secondly, perimenopause can start in your 20s. My mom used to give lectures and she taught classes on the subject. I've been having issues for a long time... I have all the menopause symptoms and side effects, and I get mine every two weeks, almost like clockwork. But I'm only 32.

So, basically... I'd go and have a nice long talk with your doctor.

• 7 months later...

I started going through the change at age 40 and kept going for over 10 years!!! ( And I have two grown kids). However; if you don't want children, under no circumstances should you stop using some sort of contraceptive until you have gone a FULL year without menistrating!!!

• 1 month later...

I know you said you tried Topamax, did you try the Generic, I am on Zymad (manuf ) Topiramate. Dear goodness, it took my migraines from 10-15 a month..to about 1 :thumbup:

I was on about 5 different kinds before this, and all else failed. Just make sure not to take Sun Corps, or another Indian other generic, they caused me to have horrible side effects.

Holistically, I take feverfew (must be freeze-dried, best I found GNC), and magnesium. I think in conjunction with the Topiramate, it has almost knocked them out.

most migraines are kicked off from something, so I greatly reduced all foods and triggers (outdoors in the heat, excessive working out).

Possibly if you got onto a oral contraceptive it may help? I know if they regulate your menstrual, it may regulate your migraines. I have had chronic migraines for about 15 years, so I have had many trial and errors.

Hopefully some of my ideas can help!

ST