Can You Burn Out Your Taste Buds?

joylynne

Strange question

Can you actually burn out your taste buds after a while? I say this because for some reason today I literally can't taste anything from the liquid I am using. A friend let me sample some Hopscotch liquid from freedomsmokeusa on Thursday. I switched out my atomizer because I cleaned the other one yesterday and for some reason I can't taste ANYTHING! Before this had a real rich maple-buttery-werthers original type taste that I LOVE, but today nada. I even tried it on my husbands cig and still nada. My husband says it tastes fine to him but for me I am having a real serious problem here. I tried everything. I thought it was the listerine I use every am/pm after brushing but that doesn't make sense because I do that everyday and only had that problem beginning this morning. I am not sick so that's not it.

Has this happened to anyone?? What do I do?! :help:

If Im vaping a lot, I find my ability to taste e-liquid diminishes. I dont know of a solution for this other than to stop vaping for awhile, which for me is never an alternative :D

That's what I was thinking....maybe I just over-did it with this stuff. It's really really tasty. I will try and put it down for a few hours and see what happens. I can't even taste much of the Pepsi I am drinking at the moment or the bagel with chive and onion spread (great combo I know)...that's saying something!

Hi joylynne, when I'm vaping a lot as well and sometimes sporadically during the day, my tastebuds seem to not be operating correctly imo. I will switch flavors. Sometimes that will do the trick. Then I've had days, not many, where the taste of e-liquid falls flat, maybe time to use a new cartomizer or break in a new atty. I wonder too, if it's the VG or PG base hitting my throat? Idk, but it seldom goes beyond the time frame of a day.

Edited by Lily

Find something very different to vape like clove ,I have to switch off between two different flavors during the day to keep that from happening.Kind of bites when you find a really awesome flavor and you can't taste it halfway thru the bottle.

Well I am sitting down eating dinner and still can barely taste my food. But still I can taste at least something at this point. My toungue feels a little sensitive to the heat of the food so maybe I burned my tongue on the coffee this morning ?? ?? Maybe I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of flavors to cycle through right now. The ones I have are really not good. Flavor was close to non-existent when I got them and couple that with fried taste buds makes for a very sad situation. Sigh...guess I will have to wait it out. Hopefully my order will show up Tues.

Well I am sitting down eating dinner and still can barely taste my food. But still I can taste at least something at this point. My toungue feels a little sensitive to the heat of the food so maybe I burned my tongue on the coffee this morning ?? ?? Maybe I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of flavors to cycle through right now. The ones I have are really not good. Flavor was close to non-existent when I got them and couple that with fried taste buds makes for a very sad situation. Sigh...guess I will have to wait it out. Hopefully my order will show up Tues.

Try the cinnabomb flavor from Vaporbomb.com It's pretty flavorful!

When I do over vape I get the feeling you get when you eat too much fresh pineapple (do not know the correct term or definition, sorry), but I need to rest my PV's for a long time (2 or 3 hours at least, I know it's painful), it also helps if before going to bed I use mouthwash two or three times.

Thanks for all the responses. This morning was a little better. Quite honestly the 3 liquids I have (red bull, watermelon & apple pie) are all really weak tasting to begin with. I had about 6-9 drops left of the hopscotch left. I put 3 drips in and still nada! :angry: Vaped on it till it went dry, added more, repeated and NADA! I can taste the other three but not this one! It's got a lot of vapor but it has absolutely no flavor at all. Smells awesome and delicious from the bottle, and directly from the atomizer. But when I vape it it has no flavor then a strange almost soapy like after taste. SERIOUSLY WHAT IS GOING ON? I am starting to wonder if it's the new atomizer ?? ?? Maybe it's not broken in yet ??

Right now I am down to one atomizer because in the midst of cleaning my kitchen yesterday my son decided to help by cleaning the counters and threw away the little box that I had it in. I refuse to dig through the garbage bag it "could" be in. :no

I went ahead and ordered two more atomizers just in case. I also have my eGo being shipped so I should have that next week along with my order from freedomsmokeusa. I could cry right now.

Well I just wanted to post an update. My taste buds did return after about 3 days. YIPPEE!!! Also I got my Joye eGo in today along with my juice from freedomsmokeusa. And WOW! I am really impressed with it! The eGo takes considerably less amount of effort to get any vapor. I ordered some drip tips too. I am so glad I did. This is making it much easier on myself. I ordered the blue and I really love the fact that it isn't a flat color. It has a nice peralescense. My husband has e-cig envy :harhar: . I am one happy girl tonight. :wub: