Burning Feeling While Inhaling

Marleen

I have been using my new Ego over the weekend and this morning and am wondering something. I have 18mg nic. Is it normal for the back of my throat to burn a with each inhalation? (I am direct dripping) I know maybe this is refererred as a "throat hit" but I'm really not sure if it's normal to feel a burn in the back of my throat from it. If it is normal, I can deal with that. If not, I need to find out what to do!

Everything seems to be working properly with the unit itself. Great vapor. Lots of flavor. Just the burn. Help!

Well I am trying to imagine what you are talking about but I am gonna try.

It might be the juice is a little heavy on the nicotine, causing a strong throat hit. It could just be the juice flavor is a little harsh causing this and I think the other thing it could be is you have been vaping a lot and your throat is irratated a bit. Have you been drinking lots of water?

Are you smoking real cigs still? If you have stopped with real cigs you could just have your throat trying to heal a bit and it maybe a little more sensitive.

Not really sure as I don't know what you mean by a burning feeling, but those are my few guesses of what it could be.

Well I am trying to imagine what you are talking about but I am gonna try.

It might be the juice is a little heavy on the nicotine, causing a strong throat hit. It could just be the juice flavor is a little harsh causing this and I think the other thing it could be is you have been vaping a lot and your throat is irratated a bit. Have you been drinking lots of water?

Are you smoking real cigs still? If you have stopped with real cigs you could just have your throat trying to heal a bit and it maybe a little more sensitive.

Not really sure as I don't know what you mean by a burning feeling, but those are my few guesses of what it could be.

Well, it's an actual harsh, burning feeling. I have not smoked analogs in a week so I know it's not from that. I don't get that burning feeling when I use the Blu at all and it's a 16 mg. nic. I was doing a lotta vaping last night, mostly with the Blu and then used my Ego this morning and was feeling more of a burn than I did with it yesterday. I woke up and didn't drink a lot of water, just a glass. Maybe it is the juice flavor also. It does have a rather strong flavor to it. It's the RY4. So, yes, it's kind of strong. So do you think it's safe to continue vaping this particular liquid or not (after my throat feels better?)???

Oh I think that it could be your throat getting better, even after a week. I think it is safe and I think you are getting a "bigger" hit on your Ego than on the Blu...it has more power.

You do need to drink, drink, drink......it is important to stay hydrated, and it could honestly just be the flavor of the juice.

Now, I am not a doctor or anything so I cannot guarentee anything, but I think you are ok....just go a little easier. :thumbsup:

Hi, sorry about the harshness in your throat. Gosh, it could be a lot of different things or variables thereof. The eGo is a powerhouse for creating and producing lots of vapor. It could be that you're still acclimating to vaping. It could in fact be the juice, and the nic strength. On occasion I will experience harshness from vaping certain flavors. I also think it has something to do with the attys. Sometimes it takes longer to break them in, and sometimes an atty just doesn't deliver. I have certain periods in the day where my throat feels more sensitive than at other times. As many vapers say, e-liquid flavors are subjective to the user. I wouldn't give up. Hopefully you've been able to order some flavors that you think you'll like, and maybe go down to a medium or low nic strength. It can be a real trial and error situation. Gluck!

Oh I think that it could be your throat getting better, even after a week. I think it is safe and I think you are getting a "bigger" hit on your Ego than on the Blu...it has more power.

You do need to drink, drink, drink......it is important to stay hydrated, and it could honestly just be the flavor of the juice.

Now, I am not a doctor or anything so I cannot guarentee anything, but I think you are ok....just go a little easier. :thumbsup:

Yea, it's probably a combination of the large, powerful battery, the strong juice combined with just waking up and not having any water to drink. And with the Blu, it's a small battery and I don't get as much vapor with it so tells me that the Ego is one powerful thing!

Sorry to hear you're feeling discomfort now and then.

The only thing I can think of to add to the help offered already, is to buy some 0 nic of the same flavor (RY4) to thin (cut) the nicotine down. If you're direct dripping, it's really easy to cut without even having to mix it in a bottle. This is one of the ways that will also help you go to zero nic altogether: Drop a few drops of regular nic onto your atty, then the rest of drops with zero nic. From now on for several hours (or until you miss the TH), only drip zero nic.

When filling cart, alternate 4 drops of nic, to 4 drops of zero... etc .

or get some extra empty bottles and mix and shake.

Always, with any eliquid, always shake before each use to mix the ingredients.

and sip water often!

Sorry to hear you're feeling discomfort now and then.

The only thing I can think of to add to the help offered already, is to buy some 0 nic of the same flavor (RY4) to thin (cut) the nicotine down. If you're direct dripping, it's really easy to cut without even having to mix it in a bottle. This is one of the ways that will also help you go to zero nic altogether: Drop a few drops of regular nic onto your atty, then the rest of drops with zero nic. From now on for several hours (or until you miss the TH), only drip zero nic.

When filling cart, alternate 4 drops of nic, to 4 drops of zero... etc .

or get some extra empty bottles and mix and shake.

Always, with any eliquid, always shake before each use to mix the ingredients.

and sip water often!

Thanks for the great ideas - so for the liquids that I do have, I'll order the 0 nic. in same flavor - I'm almost positive that it has to be the high nic. in the liquid. I'll find out for sure later on when I get home if it is that particular liquid or not. I have others coming in the mail (in the high nic. dose-orderered before realizing that the nic. was too high)- this definitely has been a real learning experience for me. The funny part is that I was never a "full-time" smoker. I was a "closet smoker". I would have 1 or 2 in the morning and maby 2 or 3 in the evening. Most people didn't even know this!! Then I find out I just don't feel right without having my nic. dose when I wake up. Having the ecig is the PERFECT replacement. A wonderful alternative. It tastes great - I enjoy smoking - I'm not trying to quit. I think it's fun to try different flavors. Kind of like a new hobby for me!

I sometimes get the burning hit if I don't have enough e-liquid on the atty, especially at higher voltages. :)

hmmmm....I put 3-4 drops on the atty....I think that's what they say to do. Not sure!

hmmmm....I put 3-4 drops on the atty....I think that's what they say to do. Not sure!

I just discovered a different way for me to "vape". Instead of inhaling the vapor while the ecig is up to my mouth, I'm first getting a mouthful of vapor in my mouth, putting the ecig down, and then inhaling the vapor that is in my mouth. I know this may sound REALLY strange but it feels better doing it this way. I don't get that burn and I'm still inhaling it. What do all of you think of this method? Does anyone else do this???

I just discovered a different way for me to "vape". Instead of inhaling the vapor while the ecig is up to my mouth, I'm first getting a mouthful of vapor in my mouth, putting the ecig down, and then inhaling the vapor that is in my mouth. I know this may sound REALLY strange but it feels better doing it this way. I don't get that burn and I'm still inhaling it. What do all of you think of this method? Does anyone else do this???

Excellent!! Glad you got it figured out. I use that exact same method. :thumbsup:

I dont feel a harshness but I get super thirsty drinking 4 or 5 powerades a day, good info and welcome to VT. :) I think the method of inhaling vapor is the same way as a analog, i've always inhaled it that way so we do the same.

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

I totally take a full drag into me mouth and pull it into me lungs! You sound like you were doing a direct inhale... wich can really be harsh on your throat! You got it now!! :thumbsup:

OMG! I feel like an idiot now!! So this is how I always smoked analogs and that's how I thought I was supposed to vape also! DUH! Yes, like you said I was doing a DIRECT INHALE! No wonder why I was getting the stinging throat! So now I'm wondering if anyone else was/is inhaling like me? I'm curious to find out. And all along is was the operator of the machine - :hrhr:

I dont feel a harshness but I get super thirsty drinking 4 or 5 powerades a day, good info and welcome to VT. :) I think the method of inhaling vapor is the same way as a analog, i've always inhaled it that way so we do the same.

So I've been inhaling the wrong way all along? Even with analogs?? Who taught me this?? haha!

Yep, sorry to say... you've been wrong all along. But at least now you know since you started vaping! It will only get better for you I can only imagine! Cheers! :thumbsup:

WELL!!!! I just turned 39 this past saturday and I just learned how to inhale properly! This has to be the topper of the day on this forum :thumbsup:

What better birthday "gift" than to learn how to properly inhale? Happy B-day by the way! :thumbsup:

Age brings on knowledge and wisdom. Thank you for the happy birthday wish! I think I'm going to inhale the rest of my bday cake when I get home today. :animier:

There is no wrong or right way, many direct inhale or switch off and on or do a combo in same inhale. What ever works for you and what ever you prefer. As for direct inhaling, I blame Cheech & Chong for that! :)

There is no wrong or right way, many direct inhale or switch off and on or do a combo in same inhale. What ever works for you and what ever you prefer. As for direct inhaling, I blame Cheech & Chong for that! :)

Well, at least for me, I find that it's better if I don't direct inhale. I just received my VT order and the first one I tried is the Sweet Dawn - I LOVE it! It's a nice pear flavor. Sweet! And shame on Cheech & Chong!

LOL, I am very glad you have figured it out--I will have to remember not everybody draws into the mouth then the lungs--good to remember when giving advise. Very glad you have brought this up !!!

If you prefer the direct inhale--just try a lower nicotine level and then you can compare which you prefer.

Lessons learned can help other people new to vaping !!!!thumbsup.gif

LOL, I am very glad you have figured it out--I will have to remember not everybody draws into the mouth then the lungs--good to remember when giving advise. Very glad you have brought this up !!!

If you prefer the direct inhale--just try a lower nicotine level and then you can compare which you prefer.

Lessons learned can help other people new to vaping !!!!thumbsup.gif

Well it's something I'm sure others may have questioned but maybe too embarrassed to ask! My vaping experience is now an enjoyable one.