What Is Direct Dripping? How Do I Direct Drip?

• 3 months later...

Hi, I think this is as good a place to ask this as any so here it is: I just got a Joye ego from you guys. All good, almost as good as the real deal, though I wish the nic juice tasted more like the smokes I am used to (Canadian,export "A"). Anyway, I am "dripping" using the 16mg juice which seems like the right strength. My question is about frequency and amounts. I put 2-3 drops in the atomizer and smoke on that for about 4 drags before I sense the effect is gone. My question is, should I treat the e-cig like a regular cig, meaning if I take 4 drags and refil and repeat until the equivalent of one cigarette, or am I in danger of nicotine overdose? If the strength is 16 mg, does that mean I am taking in 16 mg each hit? How many drops should be the max per day? I was smoking about 6-10 cigs each evening. This may be a dumb question, but this is all new to me (and I dont want to have a heart attack). Thanks.

Nicotine strength in eliquid is in mg per ml. So 16mg is 16mg per each ml. Generally, you would get about 1mg from a cigarette. Given that, 1 ml of 16mg eliquid would equal about 16 cigarettes. However, there has not been any studies on how much nic your body absorbs from vaping and it's debated. You'll find that vaping is not like smoking and usage varies greatly from person to person. Many of us find that we tend to vape more often than we smoke. Personally, I vape all the time, because I can. I don't take vape breaks like I did when I smoked, so instead of taking a break every hour to have a cigarette, I vape a few puffs regularly. Others try to vape as if they were smoking. Just depends on what works for you.

For dripping, you normally will get 5-7 hits from 2-3 drops... again, this will vary. As for overdosing, just listen to your body. If you get a headache, or nausea, it's time to back off.

Oh - Welcome to Vapor Talk! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice video great information. Thank you Christopher. one thing I've noticed is that those nasty cartridges you've talked about for some reason they last quite a long time compared to when I have refilled them with purchased juices, do you know why that is? I mostly drip now anyways but still im curious as I like to use the carts in the car ect.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As long as you are using fairly similar juices it really isn't a big deal. So, if you are just switching from one fruity type liquid to another... then I certainly wouldn't worry about cleaning it. But, if you are going to switch from something that is totally different then you could certainly clean it. A simple blow through it into a vapor towel is really good enough when switching flavors. The best thing to do is to have one atty that is dedicated to your fruity type vapes... and another dedicated to your tobacco types... etc. I mainly vape fruit flavors w/ menthol... so I mix and vape all the time. I often discover things that end up tasting great together!

Edited by DAYVAPE