Fda Very Bad News

Christopher

Let me see here....

this is how it will go down if the FDA has their way

first off the banning of E cigs....or at least ones that don't carry the FDA stamp of approval...that will cost the vendors oh who knows how much to get approval...several companies will fold.

Next they will go after the e-liquid producers....

we have to approve your manufacturing methods to make sure they meet our "strict" guidelines...

Many will go out of business because they DO fail their "tests" or they don't want to bother being watched over by big brother government.

So now we have a small handful of e cig manufacturers and a small handful of e liquid manufacturers.

e liquid from china will contain lead paint so it will be made illegal too.

NOW here it where it will get interesting.

RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris will obtain patents on the e-cigs by paying the struggling businesses the right to get these patents and manufacture the e cigs.

Next the same two tobacco giants will enlist the aid of some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies to work with them to create a pharmaceutical grade liquid nicotine that can only be obtained at your local pharmacy and the nicotine in them is provided by....you guessed it....the two tobacco giants.

the FDA wins, the tobacco companies win, the pharmaceutical companies win.

and we lose

Edited by bmeyer46

I just want to make it clear to everyone that I'm all for regulation and improved safety of electronic cigarettes (of course) My worry is about a ban or handing over the technology to the same people that have been killing us for years.

Judging by the articles here it sounds like the FDA may be changing their stance on things, but the lawsuit isn't over and my products are still getting seized at the boarder. So while they may appear to only be going after suppliers making false health claims and adding ED drugs into their liquid that isn't the case. We don't make any health claims in our store, in fact we where one of the FIRST American suppliers to add warning labels, yet monthly our products are taken by the FDA. Last time I checked my hardware didn't contain any E Liquid.

http://www.e-cig.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=19&cat=Healthcare+E-Liq

They have "healthcare liquid". I've seen the marketing videos from Johnson Creek. Their juice factory at least looks very impressive, clean rooms and all. I am sure the FDA will use what they find to springboard to more bans, it actually can prove their "unhealthy, unsafe and untested" claims.

I still believe there is no overt bribing. This is a push from legislators, via the FDA, backed by lobby money from tobacco and pharma, as well as a fear of dwindling tax revenues.

yeppers. just a money play.

I do get that safety is a concern but something just doesn't feel right how it's all going down.

FDA = :thumbsdown:

Looks like a scam to me that link is an affiliate link so if you buy someone make money.

Yes the wall street journal.

But I am talking about someone has made that up.

We have looked everywhere and no-one know anything about it not even the wall street journal.

From what they say.

Just another **** Head trying to make money or get a rise

IMO it all abut the Benjamin's Baby

Looks like a scam to me that link is an affiliate link so if you buy someone make money.

Yes the wall street journal.

But I am talking about someone has made that up.

We have looked everywhere and no-one know anything about it not even the wall street journal.

From what they say.

Just another **** Head trying to make money or get a rise

IMO it all abut the Benjamin's Baby

Not hard to find Jeff. It's right here on the FDA's website:

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm225224.htm

On that note watch your language please.

It's a shame that a few companies are trying to ruin it for the rest of the bunch. (hmmm, anyone ever watch an espionage movie...?)

But, at least, from what I've seen, they do advertise what's in their product: http://www.e-cig.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=19&cat=Healthcare+E-Liq

It's not hidden...

I agree it shouldn't be in there, but it's not a hidden additive... which is something many of us at one time or another secretly fret about. DIY rocks! But even then...

That may be the case but I have a feeling this is big tobacco. I mean what are the chances that Phillip Morris would be doing clinical trials ON THE SAME day that this comes out? Sure perhaps in a couple of years an approved electronic cigarette will be released, but I can tell you right now I'm not buying it from Phillip Morris.

I agree! This is somehow connected with the big US Cigarette Industry! They don't want a large drop in there income! Now or later on down the road! They've been in control for years and they aren't about to give up any control! :(

I agree! This is somehow connected with the big US Cigarette Industry! They don't want a large drop in there income! Now or later on down the road! They've been in control for years and they aren't about to give up any control! :(

Of course they don't want to take a cut in sales. It's not about our health and whats better for us. If that were the case, the FDA would have targeted cigarette manufacturers 50 years ago, as they should have. Maybe my dad would still be here if they had.

Chris? Have you received an abundance of orders since this came out? I'm just wondering how scarce things are going to get in the coming weeks.

No not at all actually. In fact since the release of the story we've had one order come in. :) (This may be different for other suppliers) Trust me, it's not us paying off the FDA :lol:

No not at all actually. In fact since the release of the story we've had one order come in. :) (This may be different for other suppliers) Trust me, it's not us paying off the FDA :lol:

"Trust me, it's not us paying off the FDA :lol:"

Not yet, anyway. Taxation hasn't started. :)

I'll wait for this to calm down, everyone is just posting. Here are my points:

1) The one company advertised something odd in their juice. I would never buy it, but it raises an issue of safety.

2) JC is a pretty upfront company, not sure what that is all about other than it is a US manufacturer of juice.

3) As far as I know, regulation, wich I'm all for, that usually comes after studies. I'm pretty sure as far as drugs go, FDA doesn't do the studies, the companies do and they cost money.

4) If its just about the juice, and not nicotine, not sure who does "studies", it usually just testing to make sure things are "safe' and as advertised.

5) Do you think a chinese juice company will be allowed to import juice once regulated?

6) Do you think a small internet company will be allowed to sell juice once regulated?

Maybe its me, but this appears to be going down a bad road.

What study is a tobacco company doing right now? Is it e-cig or smokeless?

I'll wait for this to calm down, everyone is just posting. Here are my points:

2) JC is a pretty upfront company, not sure what that is all about other than it is a US manufacturer of juice.

Yea I'm surprised. Well not completely surprised but I thought they where working with the FDA. Although this could be a good time for them to really hold hands and figure out what needs to be done to make this work. At least they're trying.

3) As far as I know, regulation, wich I'm all for, that usually comes after studies. I'm pretty sure as far as drugs go, FDA doesn't do the studies, the companies do and they cost money.

That's correct it's up to each company to perform the study.

4) If its just about the juice, and not nicotine, not sure who does "studies", it usually just testing to make sure things are "safe' and as advertised.

It depends on what the FDA is looking for. If they are looking for long term effects, that could take a very long time. If they're looking for short term, then a company with the right amount of money should be able to get this done.

5) Do you think a chinese juice company will be allowed to import juice once regulated?

I think this would only be an option if an American company was willing to back them. I'd imagine some type of QC team would have to be sent to the factory to ensure everything was kosher.

6) Do you think a small Internet company will be allowed to sell juice once regulated?

Depends. If they can resell the liquid that a bigger company has had approved then sure. I suppose if the factories worked with the FDA this might be a possibility but again it's up to the factory in China. I have a feeling smaller suppliers would be limited to hardware.

Maybe its me, but this appears to be going down a bad road.

What study is a tobacco company doing right now? Is it e-cig or smokeless?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I picked up the information from ECF: Here.

The average cost to get a drug or drug dispensing device on the market is $800,000,000.00 With phase 1-4 studies all the way to the store. With the tobacco companies lobbying the FDA to shut down ecigs... could the ecig industry handle that kind of cost? People will go underground and start condensing their own nicotine.

ok, time to get pissed.....

the FDA approves drugs for treatment of arthritis, erectile disfunction, high cholesterol etc..etc...ALL of those drugs that the FDA approved have side affects that have been documented, yet there are no reports of any of these kinds of side effects fro E-cigs, yet they want to target this industry?

Somewhere there is a check from Phillip Morris or RJ Reynolds written to the FDA....just gotta find out whose desk it's on.

This is the main reason why Suppliers... either of juice, e-cig devices, mods, ect. should not make any claims whatsoever that e-cigs will help to stop smoking. So, please suppliers... do not even mention cigarettes or smoking on your websites... Please!

my suggestion since I work for the government is too flood the phone lines to your US representatives, senators or any other political figure and just keep hounding them....I know from experience that whenever there is a rep call our office craps all over itself to get it worked out....whatever the problem is.

email them, phone them, comment on their websites..whatever you can do.

It may NOT help, but it sure can't hurt.

my suggestion since I work for the government is too flood the phone lines to your US representatives, senators or any other political figure and just keep hounding them....I know from experience that whenever there is a rep call our office craps all over itself to get it worked out....whatever the problem is.

email them, phone them, comment on their websites..whatever you can do.

It may NOT help, but it sure can't hurt.

I agree 100%. In fact this is what we did with many of the state ban. It helped with the California ban immensely.

WOW, is the FDA that retarded? I quit smoking cause of e-cigarette. Seems the government is feels threatened knowing they're cigarette tax dwindling. Why do I get the feeling big tobacco is celebrating...