Vaping At The Bars And Pubs

So I just started vaping a few days ago. I want to find out ways my fellow VaporTalk forumites have been able to vape in the places where smoking is now banned. How did you go about it, talk to the manager first? Have some business cards made up about the greatness that is vaping? Or something else? This is one thing that I miss the most, being able to have a beer with friends after work on a Friday and a smoke ... but now a vape! :thumbsup:

You must be young ,as you age you pick your battles and battle sites .My boss is aware I vape at work but I always put it down when I am aware he is close by just to keep him from having to say something.As long as no one complains he can just plead ignorance ,if blew a cloud in his face he would have to say something.

At work I stealth vape since my livelihood could be on the line, but at a bar I have to agree with Ben. At a bar, what is the worst that could happen, they tell you to go outside. You could try talking to the bartender, and if it's OK with him then you're golden. At the bar I frequent the most, the bartender said I could do it inside, so I do. At other bars that I don't frequent as much, I just start vaping in stealth mode and progressively step it up until I'm producing huge clouds, and I've never been told not to.

The only people who have ever come to me and said "hey, you know you can't smoke in here" have been analog smokers who are just jealous that I'm vaping inside while they have to smoke outside. I explain it to them and they seem interested, so I give them several websites. Do I ever see any of them follow through?.......NO, hardly ever.

At work I explained to my coworkers what an ecig is and asked them if they would mind me doing it inside and they don't mind it at all. some other places like the coffee place I frequent, I talked to the manager and explained him what an ecig is and also tell him the if I bother somebody or somebody complain and he cant handle it that I would stop or do it outside. So far i haven't have to go outside.

Always take BC's with you.. to hand to the curious. :)

Stealth vaping is always good.

Talking to the bar manager is good idea... perhaps suggest Vaping Hour to him and give him extra cards for him to pass out to other regulars who still smoke. Won't be long before his business is booming again with indoor customers and vaping hour turns into vaping year. :)

For the record I'm 39. Besides, I'm a seventh grade English teacher, so trust me, I know how to pick and choose my battles. This is a battle I will want to pick to fight because I can already see the benefits. Although, certainly I will not even try to vape at school, not even stealthily.

Now that that's off my chest, I appreciate the feedback. Now, to figure out what to put on the business cards. I just want the folks I hang with to think about the benefits of it. And since we always go to the same bar, that might work out ok.

Hey...don't be afraid to vape anywhere you want. It's not illegal yet and the more people find out about it and feel more relaxed with it the better for us. I can't think of any place yet that I wouldn't vape. I whip it out in stores, restaurants, libraries, hospitals, post office, gov't buildings. You see the trend here...there isn't any place that I haven't at least tried to vape in. I've only had one person ask me not to vape in their place, they were nice about it and so I quit until I left and haven't been back since. The way I look at it is to create as much attention to vaping as possible so you can inform more people of it's benefits over analogs. I've even had a Fire Marshall from a Va. county ask me what I was doing in the mall and I showed him and he just kept on doing what he was doing.

If I were you I'd be vaping in the teacher's lounge at breaks and lunch in hopes that the smokers would be interested in finding out more about it. Maybe you'll make them jealous enough to want to get one themselves so they can vape at lunch too.

But every one is different and you have to do what feels right for you. These are just my feeling about the matter.

So I just started vaping a few days ago. I want to find out ways my fellow VaporTalk forumites have been able to vape in the places where smoking is now banned. How did you go about it, talk to the manager first? Have some business cards made up about the greatness that is vaping? Or something else? This is one thing that I miss the most, being able to have a beer with friends after work on a Friday and a smoke ... but now a vape! :thumbsup:

I vape outside, at bars, stores ect. on the down low, try to keep it under the radar, but if your in a bar or somewhere were the people are cool alot of the time they will be interested and won't care that you are vaping, like one time I was vaping in a hospital ER waiting room and security didn;t see my device but they seen me blow out a huge cloud of vape and right away they were surrounding me asking questions, so my advice to you is if your at a place were you dont think is safe or whatever just vape on the down low.

Hey...don't be afraid to vape anywhere you want. It's not illegal yet and the more people find out about it and feel more relaxed with it the better for us. I can't think of any place yet that I wouldn't vape. I whip it out in stores, restaurants, libraries, hospitals, post office, gov't buildings. You see the trend here...there isn't any place that I haven't at least tried to vape in. I've only had one person ask me not to vape in their place, they were nice about it and so I quit until I left and haven't been back since. The way I look at it is to create as much attention to vaping as possible so you can inform more people of it's benefits over analogs. I've even had a Fire Marshall from a Va. county ask me what I was doing in the mall and I showed him and he just kept on doing what he was doing.

If I were you I'd be vaping in the teacher's lounge at breaks and lunch in hopes that the smokers would be interested in finding out more about it. Maybe you'll make them jealous enough to want to get one themselves so they can vape at lunch too.

But every one is different and you have to do what feels right for you. These are just my feeling about the matter.

This person is a teacher for 7th graders, I think vaping at school is not a good thing especially with the kids around, i think this person will agree with me on this as well, just my opinion.

There are people who were not happy to just get smokers kicked outside, in a lot of cases smokers cannot even smoke outside or on the property.I have a feeling they would not be glad accept vaping either.These are the kind of folks who just want have it thier way.If they aren't aware I am vaping they won't have a reason to mess with me.

This person is a teacher for 7th graders, I think vaping at school is not a good thing especially with the kids around, i think this person will agree with me on this as well, just my opinion.

Well not trying to start an argument here so don't take this the wrong way, but when I was in school the teachers had a private lounge and back then smoking was allowed and when they would open the doors the smoke would come billowing out into the halls. Now since they put a stop to smoking in public buildings that wont happen anymore, but we're talking about 7th graders which makes them around 12 or 13. So I wouldn't be surprised if some of them aren't smoking themselves. Plus a lot of their parents are probably smokers also so it's not like she would be doing something that the kids haven't seen or know about. I mean it's not like she's tokin a doobie or something.

Well not trying to start an argument here so don't take this the wrong way, but when I was in school the teachers had a private lounge and back then smoking was allowed and when they would open the doors the smoke would come billowing out into the halls. Now since they put a stop to smoking in public buildings that wont happen anymore, but we're talking about 7th graders which makes them around 12 or 13. So I wouldn't be surprised if some of them aren't smoking themselves. Plus a lot of their parents are probably smokers also so it's not like she would be doing something that the kids haven't seen or know about. I mean it's not like she's tokin a doobie or something.

Totally not taken the wrong way, at least not by me. When I was in school, the same thing: teachers lounge with smoke billowing out after lunch. There was even an area in high school for the students to go outside! In Michigan (where I live), schools are a "drug free school zone" under which I am sure nicotine counts. Strangely though, caffeine doesn't count (wrong lobbyists in Washington, I suppose, just like with HFCS). Anyway, some kids are probably smokers, many of them I am sure have seen their parents smoke, but I'm not going to test it out in the teacher's lounge. Not even if all the fellow teachers I have lunch with are cool or are former or current smokers. Doobies, on the other hand.... :thumbsup: ... just kidding! Never toked one of those.

I think I have the top line of my business card ready: I'm not smoking; I'm vaping.

Below that: The big cloud you see me exhale is just water vapor.

Not sure on the rest yet. But VaporTalk.com will be mentioned! (If that's ok... do you think it is?)

When I do use it in public I just pull it out and use like normal. I don't TRY to hide anything... just act as "normal" as I possibly can and answer any questions if they should come to me and ask. No need to act like I'm doing anything wrong... as I am not unless it says not to "vape" indoors or something. Vape it like you own it!! :thumbsup:

No second hand smoke, smell or contaminants and it disappears quickly in the air. That should be all they care about I would think. But some people are a trip.

I think the biggest issue about vaping indoors is the confusion it may have on people. It doesn't help that a lot of these devices look like cigarettes too.

When I do use it in public I just pull it out and use like normal. I don't TRY to hide anything... just act as "normal" as I possibly can and answer any questions if they should come to me and ask. No need to act like I'm doing anything wrong... as I am not unless it says not to "vape" indoors or something. Vape it like you own it!! :thumbsup:

Now that's what I like to hear. Some one with a set of**** that isn't afraid to let the world and big companies know that they are making a difference in their life. I've always wondered why people want to hide it and act like they're doing something wrong?

Keep it up Dayvape...nice to know there are others out there who aren't afraid.

Edited by snubber

There are people who were not happy to just get smokers kicked outside, in a lot of cases smokers cannot even smoke outside or on the property.I have a feeling they would not be glad accept vaping either.These are the kind of folks who just want have it thier way.If they aren't aware I am vaping they won't have a reason to mess with me.

Thats how I look at it "what they don't see won't hurt them" I love stealth vaping! The thing with the new no smoking indoor policy with me is I live in Milwaukee and we have some harsh winters here, What are these Bars, resturants and stores going to do when there is 3 feet of snow and 10 degrees outside, Do they expect people to huddle around each other and sing kuumbyyah! LOL! :beer:

Now that's what I like to hear. Some one with a set of**** that isn't afraid to let the world and big companies know that they are making a difference in their life. I've always wondered why people want to hide it and act like they're doing something wrong?

Keep it up Dayvape...nice to know there are others out there who aren't afraid.

Dont take this the wrong way. What I was saying IN MY EXPERIENCE I vape at work, in certain bars, resturants, stores, ect. like it is normal, bcuz those people dont care, Then there are places were it is shady to vape there bcuz of my personal experiences so at those places I like to stealth vape, Im not afraid to vape anywhere believe me bro I be vaping tons of places and can probably write a book on the experiences ive had as far as other peoples reactions to me vaping in the craziest locations. Just remember all my posts that I post are based off of MY experiences!!

idk ?

No second hand smoke, smell or contaminants and it disappears quickly in the air. That should be all they care about I would think. But some people are a trip.

I think the biggest issue about vaping indoors is the confusion it may have on people. It doesn't help that a lot of these devices look like cigarettes too.

I totally agree! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I vaped for the first time in public at a eatery/brewery on the outside patio. Of course people were smoking there too but the waitress' were really interested in my ecig. Last Friday I went out with a group of folks from work to another pub/eatery and since it was indoors I showed my 510 to the waitress, explained it was not smoke only water vapor, and asked if it would be ok for me to use. She shrugged and said she didn't see a problem. I was there for 3-4 hours vaping away and the only comments I got were from several people wanting to know about vaping and where did I get that thing. Of course mine is black with blue LED so it does not look like an analog but still I have not had any negative responses. I'm very new to this too though.

• 2 weeks later...