Threw Out The Few Analogs I Had Left-Wish Me Luck

Ummm. My tip would have been to keep your analogs handy until you get through the learning curve. :) When I started vaping I smoked during the day at work and vaped in the evening. Did that for 4 days and quit smoking on a Saturday, but kept my analogs close. So, don't put to much pressure on yourself to quit smoking, it's not a failure if you have an analog. However, I would say that if you get a bad craving for an analog, vape heavily for a bit to get through it. :thumbsup:

Listen to the "god" Hold on to the few you have left until you know you can beat it, Some people can put them down and never look back. Some of us, like myself, take a bit longer. It's not a forceful thing here. You have to be ok with quiting. So pull those couple back out just in case and vape hard when it gets hard.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Hi, very excellent advice here! I kept three cartons of analogs for a couple of months and then gave them to a friend's wife who couldn't afford the ridiculous cost of analogs in NYC. But, while I'm one of those who started vaping one day and hasn't picked up an analog since, I still have a couple of unopened packs around. Call it what you will, but I didn't want to shoot myself in the foot! I just passed the three month mark 9/4 and haven't smoked an analog, but you just never know how things will play out. I'm sure everyone in this forum is rooting for you!

I smoked the last cigarette out of my pack on an early Monday morning and then switched to vaping. I had been vapping for probably only 3 to 4 days before this. Since that Monday, I have been smoke free. For me, out of sight out of mind is the better rule for not smoking analogs. I would be afraid that if I kept some around the house, then one night had some beers while watching the game, the little bit of inhibitions I have would be no match and I would smoke them. If I get a craving, I just keep on vapping. It really hasn't been too much of a problem for me. I wish you luck and happy vapping. :thumbsup:

For me, having any analogs around at the beginning of my vaping adventure would have been too much of a temptation. I think you did the right thing. Its like trying to quit drinking yet keeping a pack of beer in the fridge.

I got my eGo kit on Sept 1, had my last analog that night, then picked up the eGo and started vaping. I was in the same place I always smoked my analogs (garage, with a drink on hand) and that really helped. It's about location for me. Although I do find now that I vape much more in the house, like right now while I'm using the computer. You'll find what works for you, I have no qualms about that. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

For me, having any analogs around at the beginning of my vaping adventure would have been too much of a temptation. I think you did the right thing. Its like trying to quit drinking yet keeping a pack of beer in the fridge.

So, do I need to get rid of my beer to quit drinking? Sorry-- :offtopic:

I didn't trow out my last analogs. I saved them for emergencies. In 3 1/2 weeks I only had one and that was early on when my KR808 batt ran out. The cig tasted like crap and stunk, but satisfied my craving until my batt was recharged. Now I have a ego and so far have not had a batt prob.

But the feeling of wanting to throw them out is certainly there. Analogs taste like crap and stink now :)

and burn the eyes! Oh they're so nasty now. I keep some for emergencies too, like blown out attys ect. I'm a panic type personality though, and I live quite a distance and a travel from the store. Do what works best for you and you'll be fine. Hide em in the freezer, file em in the trash... Just don't make em handy to get to or you'll light up without thinking and ewwwww, you'll have that nasty chemical flavor to deal with plus the stink on your clothes and ... and the more you vape, the worse those cigs taste and smell, trust me!

I smoked and vaped for 2 weeks before I went to only vaping. I did keep a pack in my car "just in case". After three weeks I threw those out and haven't looked back. I have had times I really wanted an analog, but I just vaped more and was fine.

Good luck. I know you can do it.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Mona

I didn't keep analogs for back ups. Just do what works best for you. After a while, tobacco & menthol flavors probably won't even be important to you. So many other great flavors out there. I do keep a few tobacco still in case I'm out drinking. I haven't found another flavor that goes really well with beer.

You can do it! I do believe, like others have said, that you have to be understanding with yourself, and NOT give up even if you do give in and have an analog (not that you will). I think that is a key element in quitting smoking. It's the same with losing weight, IMO.. Someone eats well and exercises and is feeling good about the weight loss thing and then they have a big ol slice of cake, become discouraged with themselves and go right back to old eating habits full-time. Or if the weight isn't coming off quick enough they give up and go back to the old habits. Better to go, "Dang, that was a yummy slice of cake! I'll have to eat more carefully this week and maybe spend a little extra time at the gym!"

Whether it be smoke cessation or any type of major lifestyle change, just remember to be kind and patient with yourself, as you would with anyone else that you love and cherish.

I kept my last pack of cigarettes for 3 months. Not for an emergency or anything like that, but because there were only two cigarettes gone from the pack and I just hate to throw things away. Feels like I'm wasting money. Every time I saw that pack, I smiled because it felt so good to see them and not want them. At 3 months I finally threw them away and was proud of myself for doing it, too. In a few days it will be 11 months since I had my last cigarette and I'm still thrilled with it.