Rush Limbaugh Touts Benefits Of E-Cigarettes, Slams Fda

Christopher

Wed Aug 25, 8:49 pm ET

Conservative radio host and political commentator Rush Limbaugh spoke about the benefits of e-cigarettes while pointing out the bullying tactics of the FDA, Big Pharma and Big Tobacco on his August 25 radio show.

(PRWEB) August 25, 2010 -- Conservative radio host and political commentator Rush Limbaugh spoke about the benefits of e-cigarettes while pointing out the bullying tactics of the FDA, Big Pharma and Big Tobacco on his August 25 radio show.

After being spotted recently on his ditto-cam apparently smoking, Rush responded last week to his listeners that he was in fact using a Volcano e-cigarette, not smoking a tobacco cigarette. On today's show, he said that the Aug 25 Wall Street Journal article was an example of how he is on the cutting edge, and how his mention of a new technology immediately brings all sorts of attention to it. Holding up his e-cigarette, he said,

“This happens to be one from Volcano, in Hawaii... they're made up of three parts, an atomizer, a battery and a cartridge. Now the cartridge has liquid, has nicotine in it, and when you suck on it the battery powers the atomizer and turns the liquid into a vapor...”

Rush then began talking about the FDA's bullying of e-cigarette companies,

“...lo and behond, look at this, Wall Street Journal: “E-Cigarettes Spark New Smoking War”.

“It's all about how the FDA wants to... in fact, they have been intercepting shipments of these products, the ones that are made overseas, as they come in.

“A lot of people now want to have the FDA inspect these, conduct trials and tests and make sure they're safe, and regulate them because they're quote unquote a drug delivery system, i.e. nicotine in the cartridge.

“...Now who could possibly be behind trying to shut down the e-cigarette business? Well, yeah, Big Tobacco could be behind it, and maybe, Big Drug? I mean, Big Drug makes nicotine gum and other products. So who can maybe be behind this?”

Rush Limbaugh could prove to be a great advocate in the David and Goliath fight that many small e-cigarette companies face.

The FDA wants to classify e-cigarettes as a drug delivery device, lumping them in with nicotine patches, nicotine gum, and other smoking cessation devices. If the FDA gets their way, the resulting lengthy and costly trials could be the death of the burgeoning industry, or at the least force “vapers” (as e-cigarette users call themselves) to go underground.

The company that Rush Limbaugh uses, Volcano E-Cigs, is one of many companies that does not claim to be providing a product to quit smoking, however. Plainly included on Volcano's homepage is a disclaimer stating that their products are not marketed as a cessation device, but instead are a recreational alternative to traditional tobacco cigarettes. Many other e-cigarette companies are also very careful not to claim that their products are designed to help you quit smoking, however after reading the forums at Volcano and also at Vaportalk.com, it is evident that tens of thousands of people have made the complete switch from tobacco cigarettes to e-cigarettes in the past three years.

With battle lines being clearly drawn, the outcome of this pending fight is still very uncertain. What is certain, however, is that the e-cigarette community now has a very powerful ally by the name of Rush Limbaugh.

Story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20100826/bs_prweb/prweb4430704_1

No I'm joking. If you read the other thread I made a post that said if Rush became the spokesman for e cigs I would stop and go back to tobacco. I would never do that. I love my ego to much.

Thats great to hear. I don't care if Bin Laden started endorsing e-cigs, I'm still gonna vape. :lol: