Choices & Confusion

AimeeG

Greetings! I bought a disposable eCig the other day at the tobacco shop and I have to say I am hooked! I've lurked in here the last few days trying to find answers to my questions and I have. However, I have some questions of my own that I did not see answered.

1. The Shop area here sells the 510 and the eGo but they are out of stock. Is that often the case?

2. I'd like to use cartomizers (can't see myself dripping anything or buying blue foam, etc.). Will the cartos that are sold here work with the eGo and 510? (I'm pretty sure they will.) They, also, are out of stock here. Common? And other sites don't seem to sell cartomizers for the 510 and eGo.

3. The online retailers that are "certified" by this site don't always mention that you can use cartomizers with the 510 and eGo. The 510 and eGo untis are all the same wherever each is purchased from, right?

4. How heavy is the 510 versus the eGo? I have gathered that you can't really hold the eGo like a cigarette.

5. Carrying case options... anyone use a case? How do you remember what flavor you put in what cartridge or cartomitzer or do you just let it be a surprise?

All the answers I've seen directed at noobs have been patient and thoughtful. I appreciate any advice as I wade my way through this wonderful, less toxic world of eSmokes!

Welcome to the forum! Let me answer your questions :)

1. The Shop area here sells the 510 and the eGo but they are out of stock. Is that often the case?

Not usually no. However the FDA has been on us pretty hard as of late. A large shipment of eGo's and Joye 510's where seized in customs. It takes months, if at all, to get a shipment released. We have more starter kits on the way but they are about 2-3 weeks out.

2. I'd like to use cartomizers (can't see myself dripping anything or buying blue foam, etc.). Will the cartos that are sold here work with the eGo and 510? (I'm pretty sure they will.) They, also, are out of stock here. Common? And other sites don't seem to sell cartomizers for the 510 and eGo.

Yes those cartomizers will work with the eGo and Joye 510. You really caught us at a bad time :lol: We have shipments on the way. We don't give the exact release date because the FDA loves to cruise around our forum ;) I would suggest looking at our supplier list located above. (Click on the menu bar that says "suppliers")

3. The online retailers that are "certified" by this site don't always mention that you can use cartomizers with the 510 and eGo. The 510 and eGo untis are all the same wherever each is purchased from, right?

Different suppliers sell different cartomizers. Usually if it says "510" it will work with both the Joye 510 and Joye eGo has they use the same fitting.

4. How heavy is the 510 versus the eGo? I have gathered that you can't really hold the eGo like a cigarette.

The 510 is pretty light although you won't hold it like a cigarette. You'll develop your own personal way to hold the e cigarette. The eGo is heavier but we're not talking much here. Don't let the size fool you. It's quite comfortable to use. It's what I use on a daily basis.

5. Carrying case options... anyone use a case? How do you remember what flavor you put in what cartridge or cartomitzer or do you just let it be a surprise?

I used to use a case but now I just use a velvet bag. We have them in the store for a buck. They work great on you can toss them in your purse, cup holder etc. As for knowing what carto has what flavor you can usually tell just by smelling the cartomizer

Hope that helps! :D

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup: Looks like Chris pretty much nailed all of your questions. Keep in mind the battery differences between the Joye 510 and the eGo. I was regcharging my 510 4 or 5 times a day. My eGo will last me a day or 2 depending on use and if I am using a LR atty. Happy vaping!

Wow. Thanks! Julie, I did go read some of your posts and they were also very helpful. BreakingBad, your comment sealed the deal on the eGo.

And, Chris, THANKS so much! I am really sorry customs seized the shipment. Next time hopefully I will be able to order from you. I just placed my order and I hope I get it by Saturday. Don't really want to spend $10 too many times on the disposable. I got some cartomizers at the online store I selected, too, and probably should have ordered more than I did.

Now, if I do use a velvet bag, will my filled cartomizers leak at all into it?

(ps... thanks for the tip on being able to smell which is which... duh!)

You are gonna LOVE the eGo!!! Just put your cartos in ove of those little ziploc bags.....you will probably get 1 with your eGo kit! At least I think there was something in the kit that was in one........question.gif

Welcome to Vapor Talk! You're starting a great journey. :)

The cartomizer you have on your ecig will not leak. If you're carrying extra cartos, they come with rubber covers on the ends so they won't leak.

Welcome to the forum! You're going to love vaping even more that you can charge your battery, get better vapor clouds and more throat hit compared to those disposables you were using.

Yeah, if you like the disposable one... you just wait girl!! You're going to love your new eGo!! And remember... LONG/SLOW/EASY DRAGS, just opposite of what you are used to doing with analogs. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Welcome to the forum! I use a cell phone case from an old phone for my eGo. It holds an extra battery, atomizer (or cartomizer), 3ml bottle of juice, several VT business cards and an assembled eGo. Doesn't really hold much, but I find I don't really need much with a charged battery and a full cartomizer.

Hi, Welcome to the VT forum! I love my eGo too! What fun blowing huge balloons of vapor everywhere! I love all the suggestions for carrying an eGo. Currently I'm using a cute little oblong see-though makeup bag with round ends. Good luck on your vaping journey!

Wow. Thanks! Julie, I did go read some of your posts and they were also very helpful. BreakingBad, your comment sealed the deal on the eGo.

And, Chris, THANKS so much! I am really sorry customs seized the shipment. Next time hopefully I will be able to order from you. I just placed my order and I hope I get it by Saturday. Don't really want to spend $10 too many times on the disposable. I got some cartomizers at the online store I selected, too, and probably should have ordered more than I did.

Now, if I do use a velvet bag, will my filled cartomizers leak at all into it?

(ps... thanks for the tip on being able to smell which is which... duh!)

You ordered a fine PV. Please keep us up to date on your experience. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. :thumbsup:

Hi, Welcome to the VT forum! I love my eGo too! What fun blowing huge balloons of vapor everywhere! I love all the suggestions for carrying an eGo. Currently I'm using a cute little oblong see-though makeup bag with round ends. Good luck on your vaping journey!

HEY!! That's that same thing I use!!! :thumbsup:

Wow! You folks are an amazing lot of people. So helpful, so friendly, so nice... must be all the nicotine!

I don't have the eGo yet, but I will be checking the mail today very carefully. So excited! I had to buy some analogs yesterday and that was a real bummer. I'll restart my counter once I get the shipment. Wordupecig doesn't really seem to have a shipping notice or time span info on their website, but since so many people wrote so many good things about them here, I'm glad I went with them. Really looking forward to the coffee flavor I ordered!