Cartomizer Vs Atomizer

BackJudge

WELCOME TO VT!!

Cartomizers have the filler in them with the coil. Kinda like an atomizer with a cartridge tip. But will hold more juice than a cartridge. An atomizer is just the heating element and the bridge/wick to help get the juice down to the element. With an atomizer you will need to use a cartridge or use the direct drip method, which is dripping juice in the atomizer.

Feel free to ask away! We love to help!! thumbsup.gif

The cartomisers are meant to be disposable while the atties are to be reused.Having said that most of us are way to frugal to throw away something that still works good so we refill cartomisers for a couple of days to a couple of weeks.And a lot of us clean and use attomisers for weeks and months .The cartomisers are good for longer between refills or topping off.Attomisers are really good for dripping .

Edited by mcquinn

I was turned off by cartomizers early on due to some negative posts on another forum. I tried them a few months ago and now they are my weapon of choice. I don't think I will buy another regular ATTY again.

Then, I found this video on VapeTV which shows how to extend the live of a cartomizer by turning it into an atomizer when the fiber filling starts to give off a bad taste.

http://www.vapetv.com/Doctor_Vapor/?video=56

scroll down to see

"Tips & Tricks - Episode 5 - Spent Cartomizers"

Edited by Burn

I was turned off by cartomizers early on due to some negative posts on another forum. I tried them a few months ago and now they are my weapon of choice. I don't think I will buy another regular ATTY again.

Then, I found this video on VapeTV which shows how to extend the live of a cartomizer by turning it into an atomizer when the fiber filling starts to give off a bad taste.

http://www.vapetv.com/Doctor_Vapor/?video=56

scroll down to see

"Tips & Tricks - Episode 5 - Spent Cartomizers"

Thanks for the link. I can see how that info can be useful.

I know many wont agree but when you consider everything; cost of attys vs cartos/ flavor, maintenance, etc. i just drip into cartos now and will let my collection of 35 or so atomizers just collect dust until i donate them to a vaping museum as evidence of how "we used to vape back in the beginning".

Seriously, I cant think of a good reason to use a straight atty unless I am testing out flavor recipes.

I know many wont agree but when you consider everything; cost of attys vs cartos/ flavor, maintenance, etc. i just drip into cartos now and will let my collection of 35 or so atomizers just collect dust until i donate them to a vaping museum as evidence of how "we used to vape back in the beginning".

Seriously, I cant think of a good reason to use a straight atty unless I am testing out flavor recipes.

I could not agree more!! It may help that we have "varialbe voltage" though too... as I recall not being thrilled with cartos just at 3.7 volts. Although 4.4 - 4.5 volts is a totally different story for me!! HEAVEN. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Correct me if im wrong, but ive heard that cartomizers dont leak like useing atty's does when they flood. I have a volcano and i have flooded the atty several times since i started dripping on it. :thumbsdown: SOOooooo messy and its such a pain. I would love to switch to cartomizers but idk if i can. Hopefully my new jany stick wont flood. Ive heard that they are great for dripping.

Correct me if im wrong, but ive heard that cartomizers dont leak like useing atty's does when they flood. I have a volcano and i have flooded the atty several times since i started dripping on it. :thumbsdown: SOOooooo messy and its such a pain. I would love to switch to cartomizers but idk if i can. Hopefully my new jany stick wont flood. Ive heard that they are great for dripping.

I have had a carto leak when I dripped to much into it while it was on my Joker. Quite a mess. If I'm going to add more than a few drops, I always take it off my unit first.

The Stick comes with a 302 atty (Joye version of the 801). I never had a problem with leaking, but I've heard quite a bit about them leaking. They say to be sure to vape out whatever you drip in... in other words, don't leave it stitting around with juice in it. Again - I never had any leaking from a 302, but I have heard others complain about it.

Edited by Brian

I have had a carto leak when I dripped to much into it while it was on my Joker. Quite a mess. If I'm going to add more than a few drops, I always take it off my unit first.

The Stick comes with a 302 atty (Joye version of the 801). I never had a problem with leaking, but I've heard quite a bit about them leaking. They say to be sure to vape out whatever you drip in... in other words, don't leave it stitting around with juice in it. Again - I never had any leaking from a 302, but I have heard others complain about it.

Cool thanks for that advice man. Im gonna try to find a adapter or mod one so that i can use cartos on it... it just seems easier and more convenient.