Youtube Channel

After spending a great deal of time around these and other e-cig forums, an idea came to me. But to preface it, I'll jump to what brought me to this idea...

There are several articles and reports floating around the "Interwebs" that are either for or against e-cigs. The American Lung Association (ALA) and various other organizations put out reports/studies that e-cigs are bad for people. These reports/studies are often one-sided or have completely false information in them. Of course, that leads more and more people to believe that bad/false information, which could somehow help this almost witch hunt in getting our beloved e-cigs banned. One thing I have noticed in my almost 3 months of research is that most of these reports/studies have very little input from ACTUAL PEOPLE that use the electronic cigarette.

What if we could put together a Youtube campaign/drive that showcases "Vaping Champs" all in one place? The videos could be short, informative pieces with insight into; how vaping works, what it does or doesn't do, how PVs compare to analog cigs, and even how vaping has changed your life? We could also get those in the vaping community to talk about the health changes they have noticed in their life since making the jump (of course this would only be for those that have actually STOPPED smoking and now solely vape or have cut back greatly).

I know there is a great deal of Youtube videos out there already with news, reviews and even how-tos, but nothing that I have seen focused solely on fighting against the negative information that currently exists. Also, as I mentioned above, all of this could be in one convenient channel that the community could point to and say, "Hey! Go check out this Youtube channel and see how vaping makes a difference". I would definitely be willing to get my "hands dirty" for a cause that is surely changing my life as I type this!

It may sound daft or even been thought of before, but it's an idea I thought I'd throw out there!

I think the idea is solid but I don't believe the powers that are behind all the misinformation will be likely to go to a YouTube site. But maybe if it was put together in such a way that it could be shown at a political level it might just have some chance.

Good idea...let's all keep working on this. :thumbsup:

Snubber, you have a good point. Maybe we could start with a website that the whole vaping community could get involved in, which would include such videos as I mentioned. All the information compiled in one place in a nice, neat and professional way. My degree is in Criminal Justice, but I can work research magic when it's needed. The website could include both points of view with a sort of "middle of the road" approach? It would be work, but I have a feeling that the vaping community would love to be involved in a central stand to get e-cigs and vaping better understood to the masses.

Ideas?

im kind of handy at video editing, converting, and what not.

could make a channel just for this sort of thing.

anyone that would want to drop videos i could upload to it after editing out all the umm, ahh, and dead air time.