Soft Tip Cartomizers

Lily

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has an issue with vaping from the soft tip on a cartomizer. I've been removing the soft tip and adding an empty flat top cartridge on my 510. It looks better to me, more finished. It makes it longer, more penstyle. Do most of you who use cartomizers just vape with the cartomizer as it is? Even though I don't believe in stupid questions, I hope this isn't one. Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious.

i love cartomizers that all i ever use. i use the soft tip and just do it as one whole piece just like it comes. thats on reason i like cartomizers is because they are alot smaller than a atty and a cart. it makes everything look nicer and fit better. and i just love cartomizers. i dont hardly EVER use attys anymore i just use them to test out flavors.

i vape at 5 volts with cartomizers all the time. but i wrap mine in electrical tape and it keeps the heat down on your lips and puts a nice rubbery finish to it to thats nice on your lips and you can get almost any color you want to. that just what i do. lol

I use DSE 901 cart tips with mine,I found if you cut some off the end they fit nicer.It is way easier to pop off the tip than to try and dig out the rubber plug.The DSE carto's with the brass threads have a second peice of rubber in them,I guess its a baffle to help keep liquid from your mouth .I dig those out and dizcard them as well.I just like the thin whistle tip on the 901 carts.

I'm with Mcquinn.. I use a flat tip on my cartos alot. Helps keep the heat off and makes it easy to reload.

Have also used the drip tips on them, works good too.

I knew that it was time for me to begin researching drip tips! I have to say I've never burnt my lips on an atty. Is it a guy thing? :rambo: Once in a 'I forget I don't smoke analogs anymore' while, I will vape in rapid succession, but normally I wait long seconds to let the atty cool, cuz as I've mentioned before on the forum, I don't want to stress the atty. I'm not sure why I stress so much about stressing attys, especially lately, but they are kind of pricey imo. To be honest after a couple of weeks on a good one, an atty tastes funky. At least that's been my experience. Cartos are a way better deal for what you get. If you recall I'm the one who used a carto for close to a month and it still tasted pretty decent. I think I did say I'm using a flat tip on a carto, didn't I? I think putting something on the end of a carto is more aesthetics for me than anything. I live in NYC and LOTS of people STARE ALL the time when I'm walking to and from. People seem to notice a blue light coming from somewhere and their peripheral vision wants them to make they're seeing what they saw. I also have to admit in this ramble that I am probably one of the messiest direct dippers in the community. I can't seem to find the right 2 to 3 drops that some of that doesn't end up in my mouth. There is no vitamin c in e-juice! K, now I'm getting silly...

DRIP TIPS!

I am pretty sure these are the ones I'm thinking of... they have about the largest opening in them that I've seen to date. Hopefully FTJoe can tell us for sure... I think he might have some of these. I'm fixin' to order a couple more of the delrin ones... I like those the most. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I have those, they are nice. Also nice are the ones at createvapor http://www.createvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=42

and I bought a bunch from super t...

http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id72.html

I got the aluminum polished which is beautiful but my staple are the wide mouth regular delrin tips. I'm not quite a huge fan of the o-ring metal ones more for anything because it provides a tight seal and I do like removing the tips to drip when I can. My eyesight is not so good. I will probably try the aluminum this weekend camping. The metal ones were getting hot with low res attys and I think the aluminum will be better.

I just have an aversion to metal in my mouth and I don't care for rounds tips either.The plastic wrapper is usually coming unglued and peeling off my cartos before I am done with them as well.

Thanks for all the drip tip suggestions and options! I just peeled off the black wrapper from a carto and put it on my eGo. I love the look. The only thing is the glue that keeps the wrapper on is pretty intense. Not sure how to get it off except with pardon me, spit.

Thanks for all the drip tip suggestions and options! I just peeled off the black wrapper from a carto and put it on my eGo. I love the look. The only thing is the glue that keeps the wrapper on is pretty intense. Not sure how to get it off except with pardon me, spit.

Ronson lighter fluid takes it off really well!!

You know... the zippo lighter fluid you can get everywhere?

I used it on several the other night and it works great... just a little work with a towel soaked with some lighter fluid and you'll be good to go. Obviously, don't get any inside the carto... I hold it by the threaded end and point it down over the sink and just squirt some on it and start rubbing off. Repeat process a couple of times and there will be NO STICKY ! :thumbsup:

I have those, they are nice. Also nice are the ones at createvapor My Link

The hole size is identical to the small hole in the Twisted Tips!

The only nice thing is the top of them have the larger opening...

but that funnels down quickly to a pretty small hole.

Why can't someone make one with a BIG hole that goes all the way through??? :wallbash:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Drill it out to suit you.If you don't own a drill this would be a good excuse to go tool shopping. :thumbsup: You will need a huge tool box to keep it in and some of those ratcheting wrenches to keep the drill company.

Drill it out to suit you.If you don't own a drill this would be a good excuse to go tool shopping. :thumbsup: You will need a huge tool box to keep it in and some of those ratcheting wrenches to keep the drill company.

Yeah, I've drilled alot of them out... it's not the easiest thing to do, but once you do it they are much better. I've lost a few doing it too... just gotta go slow and one size up at a time!

Hi, if I may digress :whistle: just as I was going to go out and buy lighter fluid to clean off my peeled carto, I just happened to take a paper towel with some lavender liquid soap from Target to it. That sticky is gone! I was impressed. It was way better than using nail polish remover.

Re drip tips. When I dd, the empty plastic cart is really melting up, like worse than when I use them with filler. I try to position the atty bridge with the cart, but it seems like the cart just melts anyway. K, my query is will a Delrin plastic drip tip do this? I'm not fond of metal on the lips either (winter...?), but I'm leaning towards the Super T Stainless Steel 510 Contour Widemouth. I don't know whether to get the regular one or the shorty widemouth. Will I just make a mess with the contour tip pooling up or should I look into the straight widemouth? I'm in awe of the drilling techniques I've read about here, but it's highly unlikely that I will be doing any drilling on a drip tip (and not because I couldn't, the interest just isn't there). I guess I'm going to have to take a plunge and decide at some point...even if it's the wrong one for me.

i just got some cartomizers from healthcabin.net and they are great ive been using them at 5v and 3.7v. they hold up very well and have some cool colors like i got the green ones and they are AWESOME!! and they dont get very hot at all. they are actually very nice at 5v. i love them.