When Did You Realize That Vaping Was For You?

took me about a day to figure out how to make my 510 work (learning curve)--the second day using my 510 was the last day I had a cigarette. I hadn't even planned on quitting. I was just hoping to cut down on smoking and find a way to get nicotine when I was trapped in non smoking areas.

I think I knew the minute I saw my first ecig. A lady I know was telling about hers and showed it to me. I tried hers and then went right to the smoke shack to buy one. He was out so I had to wait a few days, but once I got that, I was hooked. It was a little knock off m401 and only had one battery. I had a couple of cigarettes while that battery charged, but I didn't want them. Since I wanted an extra battery and the cartridges didn't last me long enough (not like the 2 packs worth I was told they would last), I started looking online. I ordered the DSE901 first and once that got here, I was done with cigarettes. Forever. :thumbsup:

From me personally it was back when the "Penstyle" model was the cool unit :lol:

Compared to the smaller units out at the time the Penstyle created a decent amount of Vapor. Then of course the 510 came a long and really sealed the deal. :)

I too was in that exact same boat!

My first drag on a Xhale 02 outside a 7-11 I knew I could stop smoking with that, first taste of a real eJuice (Piña Colada from ZigCigs) on a 510 realized I was hooked.

Actually my wife, who has been trying to make me stop smoking for years, asked me the other day if eventually I will stop vaping also, and I gave her a straight no, unless they discover a flesh-eating disease or a brain-morphing attribute from vaping, I don't think this will ever leave my hand (maybe cut down on nic, but not on the hobby).

For me, it was when my friend introduced me to her Tornado..tried it and fell in love immediately...am now analog free for six months today...love my VT PT and Joker...5v all the way..congratulations everyone and keep up the good work!!

For me, it was when my friend introduced me to her Tornado..tried it and fell in love immediately...am now analog free for six months today...love my VT PT and Joker...5v all the way..congratulations everyone and keep up the good work!!

Congrats man! Keep it up never go back!

I QUIT on my first drag of my first PV ....a DSE 901. Kinda odd...after trying EVERYTHING on the market designed to "help you quit" HA!! (liars!) Just a ploy to make money. Ecigs and this site are the best method and BEST support group ANYONE could ask for! thumbsup.gif

I started out like a lot of people with one of those "SE" mall units. It was ok...kinda fun but not really killing the habit(helping but not killing). I started looking around and found a guy selling a 901. Met him on my way out of town for work and felt like this just might work. Then came my 801 and between the two of them it started to really take hold.

But I guess my real help came when I found this forum and all the helpful people here. My first interaction was in the chat room with people like Ofortuna, Mark, and a few other regulars that really gave me the encouragement to really try and make this work. So many of the ones that were there for me in the beginning have come and gone, but there are still those that without their help I don't believe I would have really given this vaping thing an honest chance. Well I'm over 200 days now without an analog and it's really been a battle of nerves. But it just keeps getting better and more fun.

Thanks to all my friends.

My first drag on the 510 was a pretty good indication that it was going to work for me. I received my 510 on a Tuesday (December 1st) with a bunch of 18mg juice. Before I got my 510 I also ordered some VT juice. The first few days I only used my 510 in the evening after work. By Thursday while at work smoking analogs I was missing my vape. Got my VT 24mg juice and as soon as I tried it I knew it was over. That Saturday was the first day I went all day without smoking and that was the end. Two weeks later I went back to analogs for three days due to a power outage (snow storm) and it sucked! Haven't had an analog since.

I think mine was when i saw an ad on the internet. I clicked on it out of suriosity and somehow (by fate) i found vaportalk.com! i did my research and bought my first ecig (a 901). then upgraded to a 510... still not enough then preordered the JOKER. after the first drag, i knew right from there vaping was definatlly for me!

Edited by deathawaits87

A friend at work brought his over to show to me. I tried his and knew this was for me. I did smoke and vape the first two weeks. By the beginning of the third week analogs didn't taste good and I haven't had one since.

Mona

I think mine was when i saw an ad on the internet. I clicked on it out of suriosity and somehow (by fate) i found vaportalk.com! i did my research and bought my first ecig (a 901). then upgraded to a 510... still not enough then preordered the JOKER. after the first drag, i knew right from there vaping was definatlly for me!

This guy here with the atrocious spelling...he's the one who got me into vaping! Started out with a 510...found it to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than smoking!

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda stumbled on a post about an E Cigarette on youtube. I was interested in them instantly since I'm into electronics as a hobby and also as my life's work too. I started researching all the types and models. I decided to order an eGo double set. As soon as my eGo's got here I was impressed! Now that I'm direct dripping I'm loving it! I have a 12 pack of cigarettes here. Djarum Black mini cigars really. Since the flavored cigarette ban took effect! I smoke one outside at night once in a while. Each time I smoke a real cigarette I notice the taste and heat is less appealing to me. I still have a few in the pack. They sit on my kitchen table now pretty much. LOL

It wasn't the first day I got my 510. I had built up all of this hope for something spectacular and I just wasn't getting it. I almost went and bought a pack of smokes that night. Day 2, I figured out how to really use the thing. We all know that drawing on it is different than an analog. 4 more PV's later and I haven't looked back. Lord I spend a lot of money! But it's been worth every cent.

+1 OP, this is a great thread! It must be good for newbies to hear all the different ways we have managed to succeed with our ecigs. I had a rather torturous road. Started out with a KR808D from V4L that wasn't all that potent but after using it for a couple of weeks I started to realize that I preferred it to my analogs. I'd pick up the KR sooner than a cigarette more all the time. Then came my VP2 with an 801, and that is what gave me enough oomph to give up the analogs completely. Still, it was hard work getting enough production out of it to really be satisfied. Next I tried a 510 atty on the VP2 and that was far and away a huge improvement! Finally though, I had my first 6V experience and I haven't looked back. Vaping a 510 at 6V is better than smoking in every way -- totally a substitute for the TH from an analog, with so many great flavor choices there just is no comparison to smoking. Why anyone would continue to smoke when they can vape is beyond me.

Congratulations to all you successful vapers! You've chosen a healthier lifestyle and hopefully will pass that along to your friends and loved ones. Vape on!

For me it took a couple of days vaping because I bought a crappy cigarette looking ecig spur of the moment thing from a smoke shop because I was sick and tired of spending $8 per pack. I never really smoked a lot of analogs and had a great scam going on with those cigar looking cigarettes that cost $2 a pack here in NYS until NYS upped the sales tax on tobacco placing them only about a buck cheaper then no name cigarettes. So I started buying cigs. A pack would last me 2 days but I still hated spending so much for some thing that was hurting me. Still I enjoyed the addiction and had no intentions of quitting. I switched to ecigs to save money lol.

However I was ready to go back to analogs because the cheap ecig I had came with 8 mgs and it really sucked. Very low vapor production no throat hit, I found I was still craving for cigs! It took me a couple of days to learn how to exploit my cheap ecig in to getting more vapor. But it wasn't until I bought some juice and just dripped it in my cartomizer that really did the trick for me. Tasted much much better! AND if I took continuously 3 to 4 long drags I could get enough vapor! When I tried the 16 megs I knew I would stick with vaping and ordered my ego.

Once I discovered that lots of vapor was possible and a throat hit and head high was attainable, anologs became history for me. You know you've really made the transition when your cigarette cravings turn in to vapor cravings.

However there is a downside here..

I find I am vaping waaay more then I ever smoked :lmao: